Someone woke up with a Hangover this morning....

DeletedUser

Seems that some people haven't figured out that when they walk back from one side of the map to the other, carrying $10k+ in cash on them, they might be targets of someone who wants a pair of shiny new boots. :bandit:

After relieving said "adventurer" of $6,000 and change, he awoke to find himself back in his own hotel, and I think he might have a bit of a hangover, cuz he is a little cranky.

"XXXXXXXX Today at 12:17 AM
Nice move sittin back watchin people complete quests and then stealin their hard earned

nice

but it will be one of the last times you do it cos you made an enemy you wish you never met

I will make it my sole job to knock you out every 48 hours
and I will be calling in help"

Funniest part to me is that he sent me this telegram, then blocked me from responding.

Guess he doesn't want me pointing out how foolish he is. :blink:

DeletedUser

Traveling with that much cash is just asking to be robbed. You did him a favor by lightening his load so he could travel a little lighter.

DeletedUser

Traveling with that much cash is just asking to be robbed. You did him a favor by lightening his load so he could travel a little lighter.

See, I thought so too. :D

Some people's kids, so ungrateful. ;)

DeletedUser

I've been trying to catch people during fort battle when they have a bad weapon equipped.
I look in that "special" adventurer place often, but haven't caught one yet :(

DeletedUser

I've been trying to catch people during fort battle when they have a bad weapon equipped.
I look in that "special" adventurer place often, but haven't caught one yet :(

I've made a few successful hits on those coming back from the special place.

Got KO'ed once, and have gotten to a town and got halfway into my 10-minute wait for the duel when the person gets to a hotel about half a dozen times.

It's tough to time it right, but it's so nice when you relieve your opponent of all that cash!

DeletedUser

I've made a few successful hits on those coming back from the special place.

Got KO'ed once, and have gotten to a town and got halfway into my 10-minute wait for the duel when the person gets to a hotel about half a dozen times.

It's tough to time it right, but it's so nice when you relieve your opponent of all that cash!
Lucky devil

I left my town after getting the "special reward", and 2 minutes later some guy attacked me.
Then after I got back to my town, rejoined, and deposited, the same guy KOd me.
He kept KOing me every three days until I left to find another town. It was quite saddening...

DeletedUser

Lucky devil

I left my town after getting the "special reward", and 2 minutes later some guy attacked me.
Then after I got back to my town, rejoined, and deposited, the same guy KOd me.
He kept KOing me every three days until I left to find another town. It was quite saddening...

See, that's just spiteful what he did. I only attack to get the money, and then I leave. And usually just one hit.

DeletedUser

This could all be solved if these individuals would simply go to this location where they make their money townless. I always drop my town if I know that I am going to be carrying around more than about 1000 dollars.

DeletedUser

I was re-specing (still am.) and used the cash on the spot. someone tried me after and lost though =P

DeletedUser13020

After relieving said "adventurer" of $6,000 and change, he awoke to find himself back in his own hotel, and I think he might have a bit of a hangover, cuz he is a little cranky.

Duh he is going to be cranky. You stole 6k from him and made him loose the other 12k he was carrying. Of course he is going to be a bit upset and it's crazy for you to think otherwise. You wanna steal other peoples cash? go right ahead, we all do during duels. Just quit acting like he has no reason to be mad at you.

DeletedUser

Duh he is going to be cranky. You stole 6k from him and made him loose the other 12k he was carrying. Of course he is going to be a bit upset and it's crazy for you to think otherwise. You wanna steal other peoples cash? go right ahead, we all do during duels. Just quit acting like he has no reason to be mad at you.
He has no reason to be mad at anyone but himself.
There is no reason to be carrying that kind of cash, even with the adventurer quests it is possible to go and accept the quest in the bottom corner, then return home to your town and duel mugridge from the safety of the street in front of the hotel.;)
Of course if you are carrying $10k around and someone duels you, they will come back an hour later, and again, until you are KO'd.:bandit:

DeletedUser

I agree with George, the only person he should be mad at is himself. Waltzing about with $18,000 is just plain foolish. In fact, I would have dueled the guy repeatedly, with a spoon, to get every last drop.

anyhoo, i think the OP was being just a tad facetious

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with George, the only person he should be mad at is himself. Waltzing about with $18,000 is just plain foolish. In fact, I would have dueled the guy repeatedly, with a spoon, to get every last drop.

anyhoo, i think the OP was being just a tad facetious

Yes, that.

Also, I was just laughing a bit how this guy starts throwing threats around when he sends me the message, but also blocks me from responding at the same time.

Just seemed a bit cowardly, honestly.

DeletedUser

He has no reason to be mad at anyone but himself.
There is no reason to be carrying that kind of cash, even with the adventurer quests it is possible to go and accept the quest in the bottom corner, then return home to your town and duel mugridge from the safety of the street in front of the hotel.;)
Of course if you are carrying $10k around and someone duels you, they will come back an hour later, and again, until you are KO'd.:bandit:

QFT.

Anyone who travels hours carrying $10k is begging to have it taken from them. Darwinism in action. I'm assuming you had the sense to leave town before traveling back to it to protect your hard earned $6k.

DeletedUser

QFT.

Anyone who travels hours carrying $10k is begging to have it taken from them. Darwinism in action. I'm assuming you had the sense to leave town before traveling back to it to protect your hard earned $6k.

When I completed the quest I did. When I take it from others, I sometimes do, sometimes don't.

Depends on the distances involved. There is nothing to mark me as a person carrying a significant amount of $$$ when I do my mugging work, compared to when people finish the quest, from a known location.

In this specific occasion, my mark's town was only 15-20 minutes away from my town, so there wasn't much concern or need to leave my town. That also worked in my favor, because it allowed me to make two hits on him and take more $$$.

Normally I make one hit and run like the devil.

Also, if someone manages to hit me while I have been doing my mugging work, I wouldn't be too sore about it. After all, it wasn't really my money. :blink:

DeletedUser

A lot of people will leave town if they took $1,000 30 minutes from their town, but still, I like your attitude, lol. Found money, eh?

DeletedUser

A lot of people will leave town if they took $1,000 30 minutes from their town, but still, I like your attitude, lol. Found money, eh?

True. One of the reasons I love where our town is. Fairly unpopulated region, usually pretty peaceful, and rarely any attacks. I've lost money, it's part of the game. I figure I am easily ahead on that one. :D

Found Money: It's easy to spend other people's money, and it's usually gone before they even know I took it. ;)

After posting all this, I will probably have to change tactics again though. :blink:

DeletedUser

I couldn't take part in the Fort battle that I wanted to. Apparently, there was no room for me. So I wandered over to an Immortal town to get in a little dueling on the way home. I had all this health and I was a little upset at not taking part in the battle.

I dueled someone and won. Lost some hp, but not enough to leave. Then, I dueled one more. And saw the report... XXX passes out. Betsy wins the duel, gains 63 experience points and steals $4084 from XXX. I managed to make the 45 minute trip home uneventfully.

I wasn't looking at that "special" place for silly adventurers who hadn't left their towns. I just lucked out. What makes this funny is that XXX brags about his tactics on his profile.

DeletedUser3717

I walk around in the world I play with at least §11,000 out, Nobody ever duels me :( strange :'(