Solutions to crafting

DeletedUser

I 'm still trying to find out why when I learn advanced recipes they don't give me crafting points when I do them? What's the use of advancing your crafting skill? As a craftsman in real life i.e. professional jeweler, locksmith and magician when I learn a new skill it's hard at first but I get better at it and it gets easier and I have to advance to more challenging projects. I don't automatically become the best at it when I learn to set a marquis cut diamond. I know how to do it and get better at it i.e.gains craft points. So what's up with this weird crafting progression? Bad, bad, bad!

DeletedUser

I 'm still trying to find out why when I learn advanced recipes they don't give me crafting points when I do them?
Every recipe needs a certain crafting skill. If you're crafting from a recipe with difficulty above but close to your current skill you'll get a crafting point almost always (yellow recipes). If you're crafting from a recipe with difficulty very far from your current skill you won't get a crafting point as "it was too easy for you to craft that item".

What's the use of advancing your crafting skill?
There are many uses. One, you are able to craft better items with higher skill. This means also that you can earn more cash by selling crafted items - as those are rare at the market. Third comes in the new update where some crafted items currently useless will become useable (for collections achievements). Fourth point is that crafting is not "done". Like in this update, there will be more recipes in future updates and you don't want to miss them, right? :)
And that's not all ofc. There is a MMO factor included here. You can't become a master crafter just by yourself (unless you're prepared to spend thousands of nuggets in buying products) but you must communicate with other players. Market is tricky, sometimes you can't find some product you need for days or it's very expensive, that's where your town or alliance kicks in, or you strike a deal with some player who can export you products you need for a price you negotiate or something else. In short, you don't need Facebook to socialize with other players - you can use crafting for that. :)
And I could add more positive stuff here about crafting, but there's no need for that.
There is currently only one really negative thing about crafting. All 4 professions are not balanced. Currently Blacksmith is the best profession in existing worlds while Tonic Paddler will be the best profession for future speed worlds (planned 200nuggets per month subscription worlds without any premium available that have an endgame). But since the whole process is still "alive" and is getting improved with each update, the balance problem will probably get solved.
There is a design flaw also, as there is no recipe for difficulty 200, but it's not a critical fail as it needs only a bit more of your patience. It's just an annoying thing, but nothing more.

As a craftsman in real life i.e. professional jeweler, locksmith and magician when I learn a new skill it's hard at first but I get better at it and it gets easier and I have to advance to more challenging projects.
Currently there is no magician in this game. Maybe they'll add it, hehe ;)
Just please don't compare crafting in this game with other games' crafting. For example, unlike other games, here you can't learn a recipe unless you reach the required skill and in the meantime the recipe on the paper just collects dust in your inventory. In a way it's not a bad idea (as you can sell those recipes on the market when you don't need 'em), in another way it's not good (as NPC trader has only 8 spaces where you won't get much different equipment because of recipes). But it's the way recipes behave in this game so you'll just have to adapt to it.

I don't automatically become the best at it when I learn to set a marquis cut diamond.
Yes, marquis de sade is one of developers. He designed the adventurer class' fort bonus. :)

I know how to do it and get better at it i.e.gains craft points. So what's up with this weird crafting progression? Bad, bad, bad!
It's actually not bad.
Everyone wants to become master crafter in just a few days. Crafting in the game was made in a way you can't reach the master crafter title just like that. You need to invest cash and time into it. And you need a strategy. To reach the final stage you'll work on it for weeks and months.
Just keep in mind that townless players stand no chance against players in a town during master crafter title chase. Yes, you can pwn the profession by playing townless, but it's hard if there is no group of players who support you (provide products you need).

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaceydk

And that's not all ofc. There is a MMO factor included here. You can't become a master crafter just by yourself (unless you're prepared to spend thousands of nuggets in buying products) but you must communicate with other players.

Not true.
I did 434 skill points by myself and had the last recipe when I joined a town and by then it were only a matter of time took me 3 days instead of a week to reach 450. I never bought a product for nuggets I bought everything at market price from the market, never made special deals or interacted within anyone about giving them crafts for products and still did all the quests I had already and the new ones from the updates since crafting were introduced.
I use premium for Energi, Higher Income and Automation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

OMG. You're so awsome. Finally someone proved me wrong!
How could I be so stupid, you CAN do it yourself - by filling the market with products you need just by yourself! Hell, what's the market there for? Let's remove it from the game and play without it!

Whatever I say is simply:
Not true.

Gammenlok, please. Instead of nitpicking the nitpicker (that'd be me) please make a crafting guide in questions and guides section. We still need one. Many of players won't touch crafting without it and also without one noone will bother with trying to make some strategic approach to the whole process. Isn't it better to get constructive? That way not only you'll prove a point - you'll also get a credit and respect from the community.
So will you please make a crafting guide? I'm asking this seriously.

Spaceydk

Gammenlok, please. Instead of nitpicking the nitpicker (that'd be me) please make a crafting guide in questions and guides section. We still need one. Many of players won't touch crafting without it and also without one noone will bother with trying to make some strategic approach to the whole process. Isn't it better to get constructive? That way not only you'll prove a point - you'll also get a credit and respect from the community.
So will you please make a crafting guide? I'm asking this seriously.

Good idea I will do that a how to if you are alone and how I would do it in a town.

DeletedUser

So I am still wondering what is pure sulphur for? You can craft it but you can't auction it and it gives no clues as to it's use. I haven't been able to find out any info on it except that so far it is not(?) needed for any recipes.
Also now I have been hearing scuttlebutt that the recipes where you have NO chance of gaining a skill point are MORE likely to give you 2 items when you craft them rather than just one. Anybody notice any truth to this? Cheers!

DeletedUser

Also now I have been hearing scuttlebutt that the recipes where you have NO chance of gaining a skill point are MORE likely to give you 2 items when you craft them rather than just one. Anybody notice any truth to this? Cheers!

yep, if it is grey (i think) sometimes you will get two of an item. happened to me. guess it is compensation for them not giving a skill point.

Spaceydk

I don't think I got 2 products from a yellow recipe but get them at times from Grey products.
I have crafted 345 products with grey/green difficulty and I have 34 crafts with 2 products so its about 10% chance for me on grey/green but happen a lot more often on grey than green

Deleted User - 1802579

I have to say that the Brew fine liquor (550) for tonic paddlers is like the lamest buff I saw so far. Not only takes it a lot of time to make bcs of all the products, but it gives energy and duel mot bonus, its not like tonic paddlers already have 4/5 recipes witch are a lot easier to make that give the same buffs. Its like the devs didn't even tried to think of a better high level buff for tonic's.