Solutions to crafting

DeletedUser

Does anyone even bother crafting?
Some do. I think most are like me and just craft what they need, like my blacksmiths, who only use their grey bayonet recipes, and another world where I focus on luck jobs and just use my grey cigarette recipe. On my all jobs/all quests world, I am going for gentleman's dinner, but I haven't gotten very far because I just spent about two months on my GG and the new quests.

I think there are a fair number of people who do actively level their crafts.

DeletedUser

I think there are a fair number of people who do actively level their crafts.

But why? Crafting seems to me to be as useful as a hard quest that gives you 1 SP and a rusty muzzle loader as a reward! Seriously, what's the point?

DeletedUser

But why? Crafting seems to me to be as useful as a hard quest that gives you 1 SP and a rusty muzzle loader as a reward! Seriously, what's the point?
I've never heard anyone else think an SP was useless...

Edit: Not everyone is going to find every aspect of this [game] worthwhile. I hate dueling, but I don't find it at all hard to believe that some people like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i can craft gent.dinner and now i can enjoy following benefits:
- having extra 60 labour points allows me play more with skill distribution and easier reskill (and save a lot of cash and time)
- no problem with all jobs build while having decend fort fighter build
- since i'm first and still the only supplier of gent.dinner on world where i play, i can dictate the prices and have been earning a lot
- helping out other ingame friends, let them gather materials and i make dinners for them for small symbolic price
- there is no other challenge in game

DeletedUser

I'm also going for Gent's Dinner on W8. I'm likely going to also be the only person who can offer it.

My biggest issue with the crafting system is the 'consumption' of certain items that makes no sense. For example, how does making Dough consume a jug? The glass of water and flour, I understand, but the jug? There are other examples that come to mind, like the hammers that get consumed after only one use for something basic like making a knife.

Inno has set the bar, plainly speaking, too high for the average player to drive for the higher levels of crafting. Therefore, this results in either dedicated/niche players or otherwise bored players killing time in the game. This has pros and cons. Could someone consider crafting as a great addition to the game (the way it is now)? Certainly. Do I? Big NO.

Can we open up a poll asking the community if they would like to bring crafting down to a more achievable level (with more rewards and less drudge-work along the way)?

DeletedUser

Can we open up a poll asking the community if they would like to bring crafting down to a more achievable level (with more rewards and less drudge-work along the way)?

I don't think that's going to happen. Gentleman's dinner shouldn't be easy. What crafting really needs is more decent recipes at all skill levels, or at least spread out a little bit more. Every craft should be worth leveling to 450, not just field cook, with more in between so you're getting something out of it other than skill points (if that).

DeletedUser16008

Just for the record Travel bags and hooves are a waste of time and money... seriously 10% when you can only use one every 10 mins is a waste of time ... effort to make..... and money to buy... as to the rest of Crafting ? well its pretty useless apart from the main buffs for forts and dueling ... like we needed to hit even harder in the first place tho... yeeesh :blink:

DeletedUser

Examples? If anything DID contain an item, you'd use it like any other usable item, by clicking it.

That would make sense wouldn't it. ;)

Problem is thats not the case. If you actually go to the site Sir Elmstyle :p, and click on the crafting tab and scroll through the items. It shows the effects.

For one example in particular the craft item distillate. In this site it says that it is useable and "contains an item". And they have descriptions both on the site and in game, that are much like clues on how to unlock said item. For distillate it mentions fire. So for poops and giggles i tried firefighting with it equipped and nothing happened. I only did it for one hour though so who knows.

These items are:

Field cook: Liquor, and Cake
Tonic Peddler: Idol, Distillate
Saddle sack: Branding Iron, Unaligned Compass
Blacksmithy: Lead figurine, Soft marble

Is this a bug in the site? I don't know
Would that make some of these seemingly useless items....well more worthy? Yes

It is interesting.

Please look for yourself. I really didnt want to type this long reply.

DeletedUser

It's recent 1.33 update on beta only so far. Wait a bit more for more details.

DeletedUser

I was wondering if that was the case. I recently started over on beta to try something different. So, I am not really able to mess with that stuff yet, as im only like lvl 17 there.

DeletedUser

click on the crafting tab and scroll through the items. It shows the effects.

I wanted examples so I wouldn't have to go through every craft's recipes to look at it, but thanks for giving some examples. :p Looking at the Quests forums on Beta, apparently opening them involves crafting and gives nothing but achievements. It's early, it might change into something more useful, or there might be information we don't have yet, there isn't much there.

I like achievements, but if this is being implemented for no other reason than to give achievements...

DeletedUser

I wanted examples so I wouldn't have to go through every craft's recipes to look at it, but thanks for giving some examples. :p Looking at the Quests forums on Beta, apparently opening them involves crafting and gives nothing but achievements. It's early, it might change into something more useful, or there might be information we don't have yet, there isn't much there.

I like achievements, but if this is being implemented for no other reason than to give achievements...

Thanks. I understand about the examples. And thanks for looking into it on beta for me I just rejoined a town and have access to the Quests forums again (Didn't think to look there)

DeletedUser25233

I'm wondering whether certain crafted products do things - like many other people here. For example, the lead figurine comes with a description 'a figurine that needs to be cooled in water' - which make me think that if you equip it while river fishing or something, then you'll get something cool. Haven't tried that as I don't have a lead figurine, but it makes sense to me. What I DO have are branding irons, stirrups and unaligned compasses. I've done a tiny bit of experimentation with these but am none the wiser about what they're used for (if anything). I'd be keen to know if anyone knows anything more about this.

DeletedUser

Hmm, I'm thinking equip them and do a job in which such would be relevant. A guess mind you, as I'm no longer in the loop on such things.

DeletedUser

Those items will only be usable in 1.33 and I don't think anyone will consider the results a solution to crafting.