soldier is too strong!!(locked in I&B,welcome to disscuss)

DeletedUser

moz-screenshot.jpg
Now you see the best dueler rank has been occupied by soldier,in w6 and w7.Soldier has three career incentives,they are all the benefits of duel,especially the PAY player.Let's have a look on what the duelers have.Move fast,ohhh,kill me please,who wants it,i am pleasure to change any other career incentives.(not worker's building :p) More motivation,a better than nothing,PAY player maybe need it,but also an useless property to duel.More money,the same one.
As we all know,poor duel' ability,more job opportunities,but soldier is not.They can Picking agaves,Clearing the forest and Silver mining,the best job for make money!As a comparison,duelers can do Beaver hunt,Printing newspaper *The Western Star*,Sawing wood.To do these jobs,you should buy some equipes and these jobs are still worse than soldiers'.WTF!
I also have two soldiers,but i love the gunman,and i hope the-west can have a balance. As we all konw,a game's long-term development needs balance.A career becomes too strong,we do not hope there are all soldiers in this game.

DeletedUser

Do the duellers get any decent stuff in quests to help with duelling? And likewise adventurers and workers? All the soldiers I've seen have these awesome medals which give them great duelling bonuses, in addition to their many other bonuses. If nothing comparable is available to the other classes then the soldiers seem impossible to beat.

DeletedUser8950

Do the duellers get any decent stuff in quests to help with duelling? And likewise adventurers and workers? All the soldiers I've seen have these awesome medals which give them great duelling bonuses, in addition to their many other bonuses. If nothing comparable is available to the other classes then the soldiers seem impossible to beat.
Well duelers get some quiet good weapons (I think they get a unique shotgun later on) early on but I dont think the soldier class is overpowered (possibly quest though). If you want to be the best dueler, be a soldier. If you want more money and xp from dueling, be a dueler. Well, thats how I look at it anyway.
Oh and people say people never carry money around-from a good day dueling adventurers and duelers I can bring in $300-500

DeletedUser

I think soldiers tactics bonus is the real killer, IMO... perhaps it should be limited to defending for a soldier. A soldier is a fighter after all.

Or, perhaps and duelers should be different types of fighter? Attack high for dueler, defence better for soldier.

You need to make sure that soldiers still have a use, but are not stronger than duelers

DeletedUser

I think soldiers tactics bonus is the real killer, IMO... perhaps it should be limited to defending for a soldier. A soldier is a fighter after all.

Or, perhaps and duelers should be different types of fighter? Attack high for dueler, defence better for soldier.

You need to make sure that soldiers still have a use, but are not stronger than duelers

Are you trying to say that the tactics skill of a soldier should be limited to defending only? Because it already is.

DeletedUser

ah right... duelers should maybe have a similar increase on appearance then... sorry

DeletedUser

ah right... duelers should maybe have a similar increase on appearance then... sorry

So...to make duelers a more even match for soldiers you should make it easier for them to beat up on workers?

DeletedUser

As we all know,poor duel' ability,more job opportunities,but soldier is not.They can Picking agaves,Clearing the forest and Silver mining,the best job for make money!As a comparison,duelers can do Beaver hunt,Printing newspaper *The Western Star*,Sawing wood.To do these jobs,you should buy some equipes and these jobs are still worse than soldiers'.WTF!
So... one's class effects the jobs he can do? I thought our skill distribution did that.

DeletedUser

One thing I noticed while researchng the differences between Dueler class and Soldier class, was that people were really down on the dueler quests. If you look on West Stats many of the 'Game of Life' dueler class quests say 'none' for reward. Yet actually, that's not accurate. Dueler's get more items in the 'Game of Life' quests than West Stats shows. In fact, they get choices between money and items or choices between items. Decent items for the level as well. At least I think so.

Also, I think many of the Soldier class benefits are over hyped. I bet many people don't realize that 'tactics' is only useful when being challenged. If I'm a dueler and if I was so set on not attacking a soldier, I'd just wack his/her friends until they challenged me. While Soldiers get lots of 'tactics' related items, Duelers get many items that boost the more important fighting skills (like 'aim', 'dodge', and 'shooting'). The few extra HP a soldier gets are no big deal either. Anyways, after much personal thought, that's my opinion on the matter.

In fact, based on personal experience, I'm thinking I prefer the Adventurer class, for all things.

DeHammer

DeletedUser

So... one's class effects the jobs he can do? I thought our skill distribution did that.

I think he is referring to the fact that the quests for varous classes push you to do certain jobs, either buying items to do them, or having to distribute skills a certain way.

DeHammer

DeletedUser

Well I have adventurer and dueller characters, and only recently started the dueller. So I'll have to wait and see if these classes get any useful items in quests to make it possible to have any chance against soldiers, who all seem to get their unbeatable bonuses immediately, but nothing so far.

DeletedUser

To be honest, i never seem to have many problems against soldiers (yet) im not saying they wont come as my character is lvl24 with 37 duelling lvl but its 99% pure for duelling skills with the maximum items that i can buy from the shops in my town... But thus far im not finding soldiers to be a problem really... I suppose it depends if you mix your dueller skills to be able to do the quests and work or if you forget about them and ONLY duel which i do... maybe dueller are capable of dominating soldiers if theyre set up right?

DeletedUser

But the duellers and others could only be equal to the soldiers at maximum efficiency, or rather slightly worse due to the soldier's natural bonuses. Then add the medal that gives a massive +7 appearance and +8 tactics (to the already improved tactics) that apparently is given from the first very easy quest. What do the other classes get that could possibly compete with this?

DeletedUser

But the duellers and others could only be equal to the soldiers at maximum efficiency, or rather slightly worse due to the soldier's natural bonuses. Then add the medal that gives a massive +7 appearance and +8 tactics (to the already improved tactics) that apparently is given from the first very easy quest. What do the other classes get that could possibly compete with this?

The duellers get an arrowhead necklace ...

+7 aim, +7 appearance

Though I must admit Sodliers get the better quest items ...

They get soldier boots also, which add a good amount of tactics, as well as helping out in many jobs

DeletedUser

Tactics is useless unless you plan to sit around and wait for someone to duel you.

If I were planning to be an aggressive dueler, going around dueling people, I wouldn't waste a clothing slot on some item that boosts up tactics. A +12 shooting neckband is a thousand times better for a dueler than something that gives you tactics. Soldier items are good for defense. And frankly, just being defensive sucks.

Now a soldier can be a great dueler. But you can't just assume it will be automatically just based on its bonuses.

DeHammer

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cool! When do the duellers get these necklaces, and are they easy to get? So far all I was offered was a yellow bandana giving +1 appearance, which I refused as it was useless, taking the experience points instead. And what about adventurer and worker? When do they get the massive appearance and tactics bonus? My much more advanced adventurer characters have had nothing even nearly that good yet.

DeletedUser

Cool! When do the duellers get these necklaces, and are they easy to get? So far all I was offered was a yellow bandana giving +1 appearance, which I refused as it was useless, taking the experience points instead. And what about adventurer and worker? When do they get the massive appearance and tactics bonus? My much more advanced adventurer characters have had nothing even nearly that good yet.

8 hours of exploration @ level 25.

http://www.weststats.com/Questgroup/?group=29