Soccer cards?

Lava T

So Became A Referee questline showed up. I did it. Somewhere in there I got a red soccer card that had a buff in it. The achievement in Events says I have 1/250 now. How did I get the card with a buff in it and how do I get the other 249?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
So Became A Referee questline showed up. I did it. Somewhere in there I got a red soccer card that had a buff in it. The achievement in Events says I have 1/250 now. How did I get the card with a buff in it and how do I get the other 249?
spam 15s jobs; If I recall correctly, if you haven't previously started the clicky event you should be dropping them at ~7.5% per job completed until you hit the limit (or until the drop window closes in ~3 weeks)

(ed: the above appears not to be the case this year)

Last edited:

Lava T

I've spent 65 energy trying to find one. Not one found.

* now at 90 energy used spamming 15s jobs, no cards

If we have to find 250, this is ridiculous. Already wasted 37 bonds on mate tea.

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I've spent 65 energy trying to find one. Not one found.

* now at 90 energy used spamming 15s jobs, no cards

If we have to find 250, this is ridiculous. Already wasted 37 bonds on mate tea.
in case you missed it:
The questline itself is available but the cards are not dropping from jobs as they have in past years.
so, no, don't bother trying to spam for them :(

Matori

:D, well, if no drop, no items on market (at least not for many players). Yes, there are daily quests, but to get all that quest requires(like ball and crayons) is hard even in Colorado.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
:D, well, if no drop, no items on market (at least not for many players). Yes, there are daily quests, but to get all that quest requires(like ball and crayons) is hard even in Colorado.
well, sure, no one is putting these things on market on their own -- few are aware that there's a market for them right now-- but if you ask your townies, allies and on saloon there are probably enough lying around for most people to complete the quest

Caerdwyn

Became a Referee doesn't have a Repeatable version, so there's not much call for the cards to drop... except for people who didn't get the Achievements the first time around. There's a different Forum thread for that "issue".

Bad Billy Jack

The soccer event ended, the cards no longer drop from jobs but inno did not remove the daily tasks quests. It is a bit broken. If you have a black soccer ball you can try equipping it to possibly get the questline but you cannot complete it.

We had this same issue last year by the way!

Soccer event 2020 ~ From June, 16th until June, 26th you will have a chance to find up to 250 red cards while doing jobs on the map.

Equip black soccer ball to get quests!

Last edited:

Lava T

Okay here's what you do. Get out of your chair and walk down the hall to the dev. Say "Hey man, it's your job to fix this. So fix it.".
What are you paying them for? To sit and twiddle their thumbs? You sell one product and that product is broken at the moment. How many other events "ooops won't work"?

Things like this is why I stopped spending money here.

Al35ul

It is not a matter of fixing as nothing is broken. At the moment,the questline (or at least the possibility of completing it) and the achievement are not available on newer worlds (i.e. worlds that opened after the event originally started).

It is not a bug, it's a feature :p.

Killer Bonnie

Soo Its supposed to be a timed questline for everyone to complete the Soccer set But only a lucky few that get what they need in the daily quest cards can achieve it. Maybe put the soccer ball and crayons for purchase in shop for bonds? so people can do the quest We cant even start the quest without the soccer ball because you have to equip it for the quest to even appear and for every task after that. And if you are lucky enough to find all 3 crayons again from only the 1 daily task in saloon the quest takes them so there is no passing those on to others either. Soo the cards are a necessity.

Joe Kidd

...But only a lucky few that get what they need in the daily quest cards can achieve it.

Unironically reflecting the "Whale-to-win" core nature of The West. I used to think this kind of issue was a lack of communication with game managers and Inno devs. The truth is they are engendering whale mentality with every possible scenario they can muster. It's all intentional.