So let me get this straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

A person with a very high dueling level can come into a town and duel everyone with a low dueling level. Steal their money and gain xp in about 10 mouse clicks, and do this as many times as they want.

While someone with a low dueling level who has high amounts of skills in construction, repair, and other crafting talents has to sit and do jobs for 2 hours at a time to get minor XP and Money? Am I understanding this game correctly?

DeletedUser

That's why I'm a bit weary of joining a town. Although I belong to one, I'm not always in it.

DeletedUser

Yes Shocker, you are understanding it just fine. If you don't want people to steal money, that's an incentive to bank often.

DeletedUser

Valencia --not being present in a town does NOT protect you. Unless you are sleeping you are not safe. You can be hr away from town doing a job but you still show up in town saloon to outsider and he is able to duel you. I do believe there is level limitations on how much lower level someone can duel but im not sure of specifics.

DeletedUser

Valencia --not being present in a town does NOT protect you. Unless you are sleeping you are not safe. You can be hr away from town doing a job but you still show up in town saloon to outsider and he is able to duel you. I do believe there is level limitations on how much lower level someone can duel but im not sure of specifics.
Oh no I've realized that. I mean I belong to a town (I only build for one town basically) but I'm not always joined. I only join it when I'm going to build or if I need to buy something, and then I leave.

DeletedUser

A person with a very high dueling level can come into a town and duel everyone with a low dueling level. Steal their money and gain xp in about 10 mouse clicks, and do this as many times as they want.

While someone with a low dueling level who has high amounts of skills in construction, repair, and other crafting talents has to sit and do jobs for 2 hours at a time to get minor XP and Money? Am I understanding this game correctly?

They can't do it as often as they want only until they run out of energy and or go past 3 levels higher than you

DeletedUser

If it was only 3 levels, it wouldn't be bad at all. I (and other town members) have been challenged by people 8 or more levels higher. That just seems too one-sided, especially when the higher level person is a duelist and the lower level one isn't.

DeletedUser

that really depends if you can get at least one guy who hasn't banked in awhile (for me this has been every dueling run) you can easily make $200 a day minimum on duels. Depending on your build it's harder to do that working some certain jobs (especially if specced to duel)

DeletedUser

If you think it's so easy why don't you try it. Duellers have no advantage over you in a duel.

DeletedUser

If you think it's so easy why don't you try it. Duellers have no advantage over you in a duel.

Of course they do if they have been working on their dueling stats and duel a worker who has been pumping up his construction skills they are always going to have the advantage

DeletedUser

There's all this anti-dueller stuff as if it's a complete surprise on a game of this type. What did you expect?
You have chosen to have other advantages to assist you prosper. I'm not complaining that I can't do as many jobs as you am I?

DeletedUser

No you aren't but you also aren't losing all the money you get from the jobs you work because someone took it all while you were working. Sure I could bank but my energy allows me to stay out and work 5-6 jobs before going back to town and the whole time I am out people are dueling me and taking the money.

For no reason someone can be at my town even though I'm NOT at the town and duel me. So while I am working in a granite mine 30 min away, a guy at my town somehow is dueling me? Does this make sense at all? At least make them walk the 30 min to where I am standing to duel me. Unless they do have to do that and I am missing the mark all together.

DeletedUser

Well, duelers barley make any money. Lot's of people bank, low exp etc! Also there's a limit of how high of a dueling level can atk a low dueling level. If the difference is too great, then its impossible for the dueler to duel! Also we do lose money, we lose money from duelers dueling us to get back the money we dueled from the duels at their town!

DeletedUser2708

Of course they do if they have been working on their dueling stats and duel a worker who has been pumping up his construction skills they are always going to have the advantage

Which only proves his point -- the class itself is not what makes the difference, only the skill points. The only class that brings any actual advantage in a duel is the soldier.

DeletedUser

that really depends if you can get at least one guy who hasn't banked in awhile (for me this has been every dueling run) you can easily make $200 a day minimum on duels. Depending on your build it's harder to do that working some certain jobs (especially if specced to duel)

That's true, made 600$ in two days that way and lot's of XP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No you aren't but you also aren't losing all the money you get from the jobs you work because someone took it all while you were working. Sure I could bank but my energy allows me to stay out and work 5-6 jobs before going back to town and the whole time I am out people are dueling me and taking the money.

For no reason someone can be at my town even though I'm NOT at the town and duel me. So while I am working in a granite mine 30 min away, a guy at my town somehow is dueling me? Does this make sense at all? At least make them walk the 30 min to where I am standing to duel me. Unless they do have to do that and I am missing the mark all together.

They walk to your town, that's sometimes longer then 30 min ;)

DeletedUser

As to your point about being able to be duelled when the player isn't physically in the same place as you. it's a fair point but it would involve massive changes to an already running game to implement it. if you want to develop the idea you have my interest.

DeletedUser

I way prefer duelling than working. Just bang around towns and take out all the small fish and then go back to your town, bank the spoils set yourself up for a bit of work and a nap, level up about once a day. It's all fun..Make sure you have a good weapon and you'll cane them.

DeletedUser

This is coming from a Worker standpoint...

Duelers have to spend more time actually playing the game. They have to walk to a town and then go to the Saloon once they are there and click duel. Takes a little more time to gain experience.

Workers can just queue up two (or four) jobs and call it a day...literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.