Sleepyhead set items not upgradeable

Pankreas PorFavor

I forgot - is there a specific reason why almost all of the sleepyhead set items cannot be upgraded? If I am not mistaken, only the Bear (fort weapon) is upgradeable. Why not the other items?

Pankreas PorFavor

yeah, that's my point. for example, fair set is also something you can't sell on the market because everyone who wants it already has it. and it is upgradeable. why not sleepyhead then?

DeletedUser34084

yeah, that's my point. for example, fair set is also something you can't sell on the market because everyone who wants it already has it. and it is upgradeable. why not sleepyhead then?
Probably because upgrading it would bring absolutely no improvements to it, unlike the bear where you get something if you do so (I guess the pillow would as well, which for some reason isn't upgradeable. Not much, but still)

DeletedUser35533

whim or maybe most fall beyond whatever rules they used on other items. for example [Grey checkered shirt] can't be upgraded but all the others can.[Sunday clothing] can be updated but you can't update [Jim's torn pants],[Frank Butler's Shorts] or blue clothing. you can't up [Prairie Pants] but can up [Duelist Pants]. can't up [Mustang] [Bannister's Colt](is not it a common shop item?) [Rusty harquebus]
[Grey buckled belt]

DeletedUser34084

except that it would be fun to have an upgraded sleepyhead set :)
I mean yeah I would love having a level 5 potato just because I bothered collecting a few hundred of them but it doesn't mean it'll be a thing :p.
whim or maybe most fall beyond whatever rules they used on other items. for example [Grey checkered shirt] can't be upgraded but all the others can.[Sunday clothing] can be updated but you can't update [Jim's torn pants],[Frank Butler's Shorts] or blue clothing. you can't up [Prairie Pants] but can up [Duelist Pants]. can't up [Mustang] [Bannister's Colt](is not it a common shop item?) [Rusty harquebus]
[Grey buckled belt]
Items need a level requirement of at least 20 in order to be upgradeable. Gray checkered shirt requires level 19 and all the other ones require more than 20 :p.

Al35ul

Upgrading the sleepyhead items would indeed give no advantages with the exception of the bear ( although I would hardly call that an advantage). But then again, I can't see the harm in allowing players to upgrade the sleepyhead items. I guess the money/nugget payment would be a downside to upgrading an item that would give no bonuses,but that is the decision of the player :p

Pankreas PorFavor

draining money out of the world via upgrades or having another way for players to spend nuggets looks like something Inno would implement.
but it seems to me like a random, but still deliberate decision - because sleepyhead items were upgradeable initially (I own a level 2 night cap, for example), and then they changed it. just like the level 20 requirement. why 20? why not 10 or 50 or whatever, what's so magical about 20? why make grey rags upgradeable, but not grey wool belt? if I wanted that upgrades achievement and I am in a town that has grey wool belt I need to change towns to somewhere where they have grey rags. or spend 4x more money on upgrades. it's just random...

DeletedUser34084

but it seems to me like a random, but still deliberate decision - because sleepyhead items were upgradeable initially (I own a level 2 night cap, for example), and then they changed it.
They were initially upgradeable probably because the cap wasn't a thing.

just like the level 20 requirement. why 20? why not 10 or 50 or whatever, what's so magical about 20?
Because whoever was in charge at the time had this decision? Dunno :D. For the same reason you can choose a class at level 15 and same reason you can only attend fort battles at level 25 :p.
why make grey rags upgradeable, but not grey wool belt? if I wanted that upgrades achievement and I am in a town that has grey wool belt I need to change towns to somewhere where they have grey rags. or spend 4x more money on upgrades. it's just random...

Those grey rags are upgradeable because they were required for a quest :p. I believe they've been replaced with the joker card thingy and they probably forgot to make it unupgradeable.

Pankreas PorFavor

again, you are just repeating what I wrote (except that "cap wasn't a thing" part, I don't understand that). it's not a game design thing that has a purpose, or there's some logic behind it. it just is like that because someone had a choice between "upgradeable = TRUE or FALSE" and decided to make it false when they could have just as easily made it true. no real reason behind it...

DeletedUser35533

apparently you can only join a town after you are level 10
Those grey rags are upgradeable because they were required for a quest :p. I believe they've been replaced with the joker card thingy and they probably forgot to make it unupgradeable.
They did not forget, rags are upgrade so you can get the superstitious pile achievement. even with cheap rags it costs more than a million.
If I recall correctly jokers replaced [item=50111001] Stone arrowhead after arrowhead replaced the rags in the upgrade tutorial.