Skill bonuses from steeds & fort weapons

DeletedUser

Proposal
All other wearable items give skill bonuses but steeds and fort weapons.

This suggestion is to add skill bonuses also to those items.

Current Workaround
None

Details
I'll leave the deatails to the implementors, but fort weapons could give bonuses to skills usable in fort battles and steeds for Horseback riding, Animal handling etc.

Abuse Prevention
Don't know if these would be more abusable than any other items.

Visual Aids
Once again I tell that I'm not a visual guy, so I'll leave it to someone else to fill in the visuals.
Summary
If you are not interrested in fort wars the fort weapon slot is unusable to you and one normally uses the fastest steed if not interrested to get the set bonus.

These could make it reasonable even to select the lower damage weapon for a fort battle if it's bonuses gives some edge in that battle. So it would introduce more mental challenges if implemented correctly.
Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser

Bursting the Bubble

:unsure:The Golden, Halloween, and Collector's Fort Weapon all give skill bonus:hmf:

DeletedUser22493

Like Mel said, Golden Gun, Collectors Gun & Scythe gives SP\AP and set bonuses.

DeletedUser

As for the animals, there is also the elusive Camel and the two that go with a set, but it might not be a terrible idea to add skill points to some of the fort weapons since the current ones can only be found in specific cases

DeletedUser17143

Normal horses shouldn't really provide a boost other than speed. Perhaps if they add some named horses. Like perhaps Isham (Buffalo Bills horse) which could improve aim and shooting. Or Commanche, the horse that survived Little Big Horn. This could boost luck, or something like that. Maybe health points. But just for normal horses, I'd say no. They give a boost to speed and that is enough.

DeletedUser25480

3 are also in sets already (the young stallion, donkey and mustang) so you could count those as giving a bonus to SP/AP, also as mentioned you have the camel, christmas sled and buffalo providing bonuses

DeletedUser

3 are also in sets already (the young stallion, donkey and mustang) so you could count those as giving a bonus to SP/AP, also as mentioned you have the camel, christmas sled and buffalo providing bonuses

The sled gives no bonuses by itself.

DeletedUser25892

Why do we need more skill points? I can understand the idea, but you are going to make items like the Camel less exciting to get...or the GG, death scythe, collectors gun....Leave it the way it is, no reason to continue to add items that make the game easier...

DeletedUser

No, with the addition of pants, belts, etc, actual character skills have been made far less instrumental and thus the characters themselves far less unique. I see no point in furthering this bad trend. Besides, such endeavors means a lot of game balance efforts required. You just don't add bonuses and think everything else stays the same.

DeletedUser

No, with the addition of pants, belts, etc, actual character skills have been made far less instrumental and thus the characters themselves far less unique. I see no point in furthering this bad trend. Besides, such endeavors means a lot of game balance efforts required. You just don't add bonuses and think everything else stays the same.

For once I agree with you, 100%.
A lot of suggestions recently seem to feature on making the game easier rather than making it more interesting.

DeletedUser

A few points from animals or guns will hardly compare to the bonuses from UP shop LP buffs.

Pankreas PorFavor

I don't think we need SP/AP from fort guns, but I'd love to see a new quest where a special riding animal would be a reward. For example, it could bring a few additional HPs, or some speed (maybe only as part of the set?). In particular, since we already have Billy the Kid's Peacemaker, skull belt and leg guards in the game, maybe we could have a "stolen horse" since the Kid was a horse thief, and if you have all 4 items, it could have a symbolic set bonus? +25% speed and 20-40 damage? or whatever :)