Situation of the Game

asdf124

I also don't understand when development resources are being allocated, why we work on a crafting update instead of fixing broken core gameplay, but whatever, I don't actually know what the devs are working on because theres no published plan.
How many devs are there anyway? 2, 3? And I don't think the devs can do much about the situation of the game anyways. Its all up to the product manager of the-west. I believe he/she/it would have to answer to revenue margins that are satisfactory to their envision. I don't think anything would change unless you had connection to management, and show them an actual report that would claim. Hey, you can get more profit if you do this and that......

The claim would be a comprehensive study on how it would improve their margins. One of the options, I would think innogames would act.

If the status quo is being supplied. The company will not try to change anything. If the-west posts a loss, the person in charge of product management would get heated.

So, what are the devs working on? I think they are working on maintenance, new tambolas workout(items for new sets etc) But again, I don't think they have a choice on the matter.

Atnightshow

We are currently planning on applying the patch to version 2.114 on Tuesday, November 26th. Please keep in mind and that the date, time and content of the patch are subject to change .

Day of the Dead items
The Vaquero's and Musical cowgirl's items are now upgradable, auctionable and tradable.

Musical Cowgirl belt improvement
We have added one more skill to the musical cowgirl belt item bonus.

Small quests improvement
Repeatable Halloween and Day of the Dead quests had a different time requirement from the main stories: "A western nightmare" and "Day of the Dead".
Baker's shirt is not auctionable
The item Baker's shirt wasn't auctionable.

Landing page
It was not possible to register an account on one of our landing pages.

Wrong quest hint
The quest "Get ready" (The Headless Horseman) hint guides player to Burnham City, but next quest is available in Jacksonville.

We hope you like the changes this update brings to the game. As always we are looking forward to your feedback

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but weren't nuggets introduced in a way that made things feel P2W? Perhaps if the paid features had felt like nice additions rather than affecting the core of the gameplay there would be a group of long time paying members. There was also the way new worlds were opened. I think people in this game are more attached to the world they play than in a game like Tribal Wars (which was a huge Innogame game), maybe merging or resetting the worlds would have been better. Also, I'm not sure what was up with the long list of different language servers, did that spread the community more thin than it needed to be?

In my opinion they have too many different websites for their games and no nice central hub to join everyone together. I've only just found about Tribal Wars 2 from reading their corporate website. That's not really friendly and immersive for gamers, there's no messaging features, moreover to join the game I'd need to make a new account.

So while rambling I've started to think that bringing everything together is the only business-sense way to revitalise the old games.

DeletedUser39190

Ps. Lack of "Mobile version" is also a big issue while there is a really high demand.

This is the main problem now. At least one app to play Fort Battles and Adventures.
The company has tried some new things in the past till they have found de gold mine the Events. Now they don't need to do a lot to make some profit. I thing that TW is on mode "make some profit till the end and close".

RaiderTr

I am wondering, if Inno allows you Admins/Mods to change the max numbers of Fort Battle sides, like they are in Beta, according to the servers' own needs/situation.
(Mainly by lowering the difference between Attackers and Defenders)

I mean, ideally, there HAS TO be some mechanical changes (formulas, rewarding etc) , server merges/migrations and all that as I/we already said thousands of times, but since Inno be like "we could, but we are not going to" , AT LEAST can we have this to enjoy Battles even A LITTLE BIT?

I would love a non-Nugget Set Private server of sorts with Subscription payment or so, but yea.

Last edited:

NovaStar

Coming back to an earlier concern in this thread...

I know the last post is a little old; however,it is still a viable topic to discuss. As you stated, lulu, yes it is the nature of humans to be competitive in nature and want to congregate together. Problem is, I have to ask if a super alliance congregates altogether, just who are they in competition with? If they seemingly seek world domination, neglecting the same human nature with the “lesser” players, what reward is there? Guess, what!? For many of the “underdogs”, if you will, they also have a competitive nature and wish to have a chance. In all honesty, there is a vast amount of knowledge and skill amongst the super allianced members that would be worthwhile to share with other players, thus creating motivation and more to compete with or against. It just seems to be common sense or logical that you would be willing to compete with each other. By splitting your super alliance in two, and by bringing in the “lesser” groups divided between you, not only is there competition for all, but also better balance, AND a growth in the overall player base. Would that not in return create a more truer sense of competition? You might also find that by doing this a degree of respect would be gained and people more willing to let go of some of the “hate”. I fail to understand what being dominant over everyone else is supposed to accomplish for overall game play in fort fights. This super alliance mindset is exactly what causes a lot of problems because it is also in human nature that if you push a dog into a corner, they will fight back. What else would you think would cause such a resistance to it? Why else do you think there is such discord? Why else would BBJ say that he is seeing “far less of the "wanting good battles" balance cry of the super alliances. It is like they do not care, rather they purposelly want to destroy the game.”? These observations are also the nature of human beings. This is something I wish people would give much more thought to. I firmly believe that none of us here are “bad” people. So, why do we always turn on each other? I believe that there are people that care, but the only way for things to improve (and many of us really do want this), is to have a meeting of the minds and agree this is a problem and agree to compromise all around to try to find a solution. We can't always rely on Inno to solve our problems in the game, sometimes there are fixes that we ourselves CAN implement in order to solve a situation. We all claim to be adults, not children...all we have to do is agree to act like it and work together for a common goal.

'Companies are very well aware of the human nature and know very well how to use it.
I'm just trying to show that it actually hurts them in the long run." Yes, Raider, as you said this is also true; however, it is up to us, to decide on our own whethor we are going to play into that...or not.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

It's been few months after my last posts and I've learned some more things which can be.. summarized as.. "Things go way deeper and complicated than that"

But I can easily tell that, P2W policies always make things much worse than they are.
Having a very small player-base only amplifies the negative effects..

NovaStar

AND, then of course we have the usual ones that try to block any and all efforts of a "fix" (at all cost) yet refusing to provide any solutions of their own...

RaiderTr

Ah yes, lovely implyings, my fav. Didn't even take a day to start them again.

try to block any and all efforts of a "fix" yet refusing to provide any solutions of their own
Ironically though, I've met lots more of those within few months. There will always be those people.

How about.. the ones ignoring the issues altogether? And/Or believe that the others "must be punished" (or exterminated like bugs) first before acting at all?!
Then accuse the people with absurd conspiracy theories who doesn't share the same blind hatred/grudge?

Yea that sounds very familiar too.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Glad you seemed to take what we were preaching on Idaho for all that time to heart though now, I guess players do mature into a leadership role after some reflection.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

I don't play in Juspaius nor do I care about it.
So it's always the same ol' never ending blind grudge, hatred and/or butthurtness over Idaho.

Funny how we are expected to be offering solutions. As if our (many) solutions in past were followed wholeheartedly.
Glad you seemed to take what we were preaching on Idaho for all that time to heart though now
Are they though.

Nowadays they preach.. "Past is past, let's move on" while still implying/accusing like the post above. Only here it's less direct and harsh.

So how can you trust people like that to spend lots of time & beat ur brain to come up with solution(s) and then talk with lots of such people for days, maybe weeks, or even months! to achieve something?!

Not like we didn't do that myriads of times!

DeletedUser15368

Well you both know I'm having nothing to do with Idaho anymore, but if you're the one that's standing in the way of progress, however delayed and too late it might be to save larger fights, then you're the one that needs to reflect on your leadership role.

RaiderTr

I hate what this topic turned into this but here goes..

130-140 is the max total number you can get for an Awesomia "fight" that gives some extra rewards during an Event, in Idaho.
And we can't even fill a Small (46-42)

That says enough on its own. I don't even have to go into details like there ain't even 1k accounts (including 1 levels) left, big Towns have as low as half the numbers they had etc. etc. (That's not even new but u know)

So yea, I don't see any way out UNLESS Inno does something.
But even if they do, I doubt people will go back to Idaho while there are other servers. I mean, would you?!

But that's me.
Now apparently there are people who supposedly cares. They can be my guest. I'm not standing in any one's way. They easily can grab Forts and boast with their "victories" while having immense advantages over the other side like (I didn't bother checking Hp advantages and stuff but Westforts is there..) ;

Screenshot_1.png

Oh, of course, let's not forget that it's us to be blamed for "sabotaging" the "battles" for not showing up intendedly!

You see.. we have many responsibilities decided by others..

DeletedUser15368

Not really sure why you still play on a world you clearly don't enjoy and we all agreed was dead months ago, just VM like me and wait for migrations to a better world with a higher population of fort fighters - let them have their graveyard after the collective hole-digging effort by the so called leaders of that world.

RaiderTr

I'm not really playing. I set to Sleep all the time until an "important" thing like an Event or a Timed Sp/Ap quest shows up.

But when I see dumb conspiracy theories, false accusations and stuff all over the World forum, I can't resist to answer time to time.

NovaStar

There are many of us that do indeed TRY to enjoy the world and are making honest effort to improve the situation. It will be some time before any migration, as we know and so many of us have decided to try to make the most and improve the situation until such time for migration offerings.. It is only totally dead for those that try to keep it dead but can be revived with the numbers we do have, if we really want it to be...and we do.

NovaStar

That's just it, Raider...you aren't playing, but as with my comment here, you were the first to jump in and discourage or block any thoughts regarding efforts in dumping the past and moving forward.

DeletedUser15368

I wish you the best of luck as I previously have when Johnny posted on these forums, my experience tells me it's beyond saving after the exodus of talented players.

The past is the only way you can judge a person's actions and intentions, however, to add a counter point before raider posts another short story about it. It will take time to rebuild diplomatic trust, and then longer still to sustainably increase attendances to full small levels. You'll also need a worthy opposition, which is always the hard part.

NovaStar

There are some of us, that really DO believe some bits can be salvaged and really are making an honest effort and I do not believe the past is the only way to judge a person's actions. I have a past in this game that goes further back than Idaho, just fyi...

I for one, appreciate your input lulu, which is one of the reasons I brought this up here. At least, it seems more unbiased than what we are encountering in Idaho, which we definitely need right now.

Last edited: