Situation of the Game

DeletedUser15368

I have a past in this game that goes further back than Idaho, just fyi...
Just to ruin the sentimental mood, that reminded me of an old joke.

A backpacker is traveling through Ireland when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Irish accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me McGreggor the bar builder? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me McGreggor the wall builder? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me McGreggor the pier builder? No."

"But ya defile one goat.."

NovaStar

Point taken. Sometimes these things happen, but it's NEVER too late to try to turn that around either. It takes a lot more work than it did before that goat, but all the same...

I'm not about to continue pointing fingers, tossing blame. Bottom line, we all played our part in it. We can do that all day (and we have...and then some). But, at some point...it doesn't make any sense to continue. At some point, it's time for choices. Stick it out and move forward, or walk away from it. Were there mistakes made along the way to get to this point? Of course there were, but as with every day real life, even when mistakes are made, I do not believe that there is ever so much damage they can't be fixed with effort when there are people that really want to.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

It will take time to rebuild diplomatic trust, and then longer still to sustainably increase attendances to full small levels.
Yea we tried that many times (although never appreciated) and "we" (about 2 people) don't have no motivation/will to be patient enough for that.
(Not like there are enough people left in the server)

BUT.
The things I've witnessed since the start of Johnny's "heroic" actions convinces me to the opposite of what these people are claiming to be after.

I didn't hear good things of these people from other servers either.
I have a past in this game that goes further back than Idaho, just fyi
Ah yes, we know. With different and hidden nicks on all worlds.
Well, that is, until now.

I wish people from other servers would chime in to tell us fun stories.

Joe Kidd

Yes, Idaho is a lost cause, period. Juarez is on the verge of the same fate. But hey, K-world is only a few weeks away and we can pretend everything will be fine there.

NovaStar

Idaho is only a lost cause for those that participate in keeping it in that situation.

Sure, I welcome stories from other servers. There are people in this forum that know me from other worlds and there really isn't anything to tell.

Oh, let me help you here:

Former names from other worlds over the (many) years:

NovaStar
Rosie Shooting Star
Ima Firecracker
Pixie Stix
Bella Donna
AND last, (but not the least):
Mdm Azella Danai

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Or.. "Lost cause" definition differs A LOT from people to people.
I mean, I bet some will be quite happy even if numbers are like 5v5 on a Big Fort which designed for 120-130 people on both sides.

Which could explain why our (successful) attempts of increasing the numbers were always sabotaged for the sake of being relevant/in control of things.
Ah yes, we know. With different and hidden nicks on all worlds.
Well, that is, until now.
Being sooo focused on opposing the person could miss you some important details.

NovaStar

I announced all those names here because Idaho is the only place until now I revealed them all, so it was for the benefit of encouraging the telling some of those "fun stories" from other worlds for you.

...although what that has to do with the situation in Idaho TODAY and the attempts to change that, I don't know...