Sick One

DeletedUser31931

They followed the corridors round through the maze, the directions being added in reverse in her brain, a file storing it all which would tell her the way out. As they came up to a T-Junction Gas Mask stopped and pulled out a tablet and gave it to her. She looked at it realising that it was a CCTV feed of Eddie's holding bay, they had assault rifles, the AUG Mark 3, fitted with laser sights. Her P95 would be useless in a full on fire fight against them, their guns out classed hers. Gas Mask gestured down to the right, making it clear as to where she was to go. This would require the element of surprise. Flicking the safety off she broke into a run, unstrapping the SMG she ran down the corridor, however, it was almost silent, running like a cat. As she continued down the corridor she saw the two men come into view, grinning like a mad man she brought her gun to bear, and shot the first man firing twelve rounds climbing from his chest to his helmet. The average bullet capacity for a P95 was 50, she had 38 bullets left. As the second one realised what was going on she dropped and slid, bringing it up she let off another twenty following the same path of starting at his chest and letting the recoil bring the gun up to his head.

DeletedUser13682

Doc had tried the soothing approach with Sera, as opposed to Vincent’s stern method, but neither worked to turn Sera from this path of revenge. She asked him why he fought at all if he only wanted to lay low now. Vincent sighed and prepared his response. “I was nearly dead when the FF found me. Expelled from my home, my business and citizenship taken, all for something I didn’t do. I guess the government thought I was too influential for their own good, and did something about it. Luckily, the FF was able to get me back on my feet. I owe them a lot, but I can’t do much good if I’m dead or in a jail cell.” Vincent went to turn on the tv; a show about a plane crew was playing. The volume was low, so Vincent heard the motorcycle and the smashed window. Vincent looked outside to see the motorcycle speeding away. “Wonder what that person did?” asked Vincent, in reference to the owner of the affected house. “Still, if you really want something, Sera, we can look at some targets later, alright?”

DeletedUser28032

Fat, glistening tears lazily made their way down the blonde chemist’s face as she miserably sat in the sofa wondering how on earth she had managed to get into such a mess and what she was going to do to rectify it. She knew most of her current mood was down to stress; after all having a gun shoved in your face did little to calm the nerves in an already tense situation but there was still those underlying feelings of guilt, fear and anger over what they had done to her, what they had made her do.
She couldn’t understand Vincent as he sat there and calmly spoke about how they had tried to destroy him and only through the grace of the resistance intervening had survived the experience “But… doesn’t that make you want to fight back? To get even with them? I mean they destroyed your life without a second thought and yet you don’t seem to care…I mean I would be furious” I am furious she realised it wasn’t even her they had gone after but it still didn’t change the fact that she despised them for it yet more justification to do to them what they have tried to do to us she silently added fully intent on carrying out what she promised to do.
Although neither of her friends seemed to have the same fervour she did they had at least agreed to discuss the possibility which was something she supposed as the cheap TV was switched on showing some show involving an airplane. She watched for a little while trying to calm herself down though seen as all her knowledge on real life aircraft started and ended with Con Air it didn’t make much of an impression on her “We don’t have to do anything violent you know…” Sera said speaking tentatively unsure on how they would react to her resumption of the previous conversation “…We could just prove to people that they’re being lied to by leaking documents or…or...” Sera flailed around desperately for an idea that wouldn’t make them look like dangerous idiots when it suddenly hit her “…or we could find the real CCTV from the factory” that would work…wouldn’t it? It’d show them leaving and the SWAT vans arriving which with any luck would provide them with a suitable alibi for the execution of the workers “it could work…what do you guys reckon?” they had nothing to lose through trying…well no more than they already did.

DeletedUser

Maya

The door to Eddie's room was unlocked, and what lay beyond amounted to a medical suite/torture chamber. Eddie was strapped down onto a bloodied bed, even from where she was standing Maya could see that one of his ears had been sawed off, and he was missing a few fingers. Weakly he turned his battered head to face her, and looked as surprised as he was relieved. around the room were stacked various surgical implements. Scapels, needles, pins, scissors, etc, which seemed to be doubling up as methods of torture.
Over Eddie stood a middle-aged woman in a grey jumpsuit with a surgical mask hanging off her face, holding an electrical drill which was pointing directly at Eddie's skull. The woman revved up the drill and held one hand out toward Maya with the palm flat facing her. Hopefully the meaning was clear.

DeletedUser31931

As the two men crumpled and fell, the guns sliding out of their hands she sprang to her feet and reloaded the P90, slipping the half full clip into the webbing. Then she slung the P90 over her back and tightened the strap so that it clung to her, not bouncing around. On the way through to the door she bent, picked up an AUG off of a dead body and three spare clips with it, putting them into her webbing. She brought the AUG to bear and kicked in the door. Eddie was strapped to a bed and he had someone in session with him it seemed. His torturer seemed reluctant to let her patient go, she had a drill in her hand and was threatening Eddie's life. Maya felt a second tick past and knew every second she waited would be more time for the guards to arm and to come get her. She assessed her options and then without saying anything acted. She slipped her finger out of the trigger finger of the AUG and turned it horizontal before sending it spinning through the air and before the woman could react it had hit the torturer in the arm sending the drill flying. Meanwhile the Operative had wasted no time, she had already broken into a sprint and vaulted across the bed, her two legs slamming into the torturer's chest sending the woman slamming into the wall. Maya dropped to one knee and punched her directly below her throat in the trachea, with enough force to stop her breathing for a couple of minutes, knocking her out but not killing her, she wasn't a guard so she couldn't kill the woman. She grabbed the AUG off of the floor and shot the window to check it was still working, it was. She looked at the woman and muttered "sladkikh snov"* before grabbing the drill off of the floor. "We haven't got long, I need to get you out of here now, you have to trust me and do exactly as I say. Do you understand comrade?" She asked Eddie the question as she revved up the drill and put a hole in all of his bindings allowing her to free him, which she promptly did.

*(Russian for sweet dreams)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maya

Eddie nodded weakly. Now that Maya was closer to him, she could see the full extent of the physical torture. All of his fingernails and toenails (at least on his remaining fingers and toes) had been pulled out, his left ear was hacked off, and there were small, but deep holes in his legs. He looked extremely tired, and there was a spoon sitting on a nearby table.
"I... I can't walk..." He gasped feebly.. "They did somethin' to my legs..."
Meanwhile outside an alarm began to wail, notifying all personnel in the area to an incident in the 'infirmary'. A floodlight by the door clicked on, bathing the whole room in blinding white light. Eddie started screaming as boots and shouting could be heard somewhere in teh surrounding corridors.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: This post was agreed on by tiger and I before posting in order to avoid lots of back and forth posts that would all be rather similar)

This mission would not be a Department mission if you didn't have to fight through impossible odds with undeniably low chances and the promise of death should failure occur. Maya swore in Russian as she realised the full extent of Eddie's injuries, if he couldn't walk then she would have to carry him. Then the floodlight turned on and Eddie started screaming, Maya decided that there was an easier way to do this. It was clear the man had not been fed much during his sessions, if you rip into someone with hunger pangs that makes them even more likely to break. Maya slid her arm under the man and tested his weight, she could carry him out of here easily, admittedly she wouldn't be able to go at any speed, but... she could make this work.

Maya muttered "Sorry comrade" before delivering a quick punch to his chest, not to hard to shatter his already feeble ribs, but strong enough to knock him out. As he became a dead weight she scooped him up and put him over one of her shoulders, her exercises in the cell had not been in vain, she was now at peak physical strength and could manage this. With her left arm holding the man in place she brought the AUG to bear with her right, she didn't want to have to wield with one arm, recoil would be much worse now but she didn't see any other way.

The door to the infirmary was still kicked open and so she walked out of it and begun heading down the corridor at her fastest possible pace. The next five minutes were a blur. She would hear footsteps coming, spin and shoot the person and then carry on again, following the route she had mapped in her head. It took her about seven minutes between leaving the infirmary in which time she had only picked up one injury, when two guards had appeared from separate directions and she had not been fast enough to stop one from shooting Eddie in the back. Thankfully the bullet had passed clean through and avoided her and so as she passed the final turn she saw the last two men guarding the door, shooting them both her mental tally told her that the gun was out of bullets and glancing down she saw she had only one more spare magazine and considering how she didn't want to use that just yet, she ejected the mag, reloaded the gun and flicked the safety on before sliding that onto her back as she pulled out the P95. She kicked open the door and gazed out into the car park, looking for her getaway car.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

High heels clicked upon crack linoleum floor as Sera hurriedly made her way down the unlit corridor; agilely stepping around the random drifts of rubble and litter as she went. This place had been quite a find for her and one that had served her well these past three days though now it would be time to return home or rather the safe house that Vincent had found them, she still didn't dare return to her flat, not now that Maya knew where it was meaning that there was probably a team of agents watching it lest she be foolish enough to return.
Placing the key in the lock Sera carefully unlocks the door being sure to place the bobby pin into the correct place before opening it fully so as not to set off her own security measure; the shaped charge fitted to the cheap wooden door designed to take out anyone who opened the door without doing so first.
Stepping inside she is greeted by the almost comforting aroma of old dust and mildew coupled with the fragrance of brand new chemicals.
The school had been scheduled for repair after suffering extensive damage when the last big hurricane had hit the area however like most civic funded projects the contractors had ran into unforeseen problems and the money had run out leaving the building in its current semi-derelict state. It was within the schools chemistry department that Sera had been living spending her time cooking explosives, making plans and covering her tracks with varying degrees of success. The very fact that she hadn't been dragged away screaming or forced to flee meant that she must be doing something right...that or they were simply watching her for the time being though she found that unlikely.
Moving over to where her camp bed and stove sat in the corner of the store cupboard she quickly rifles through her meagre collection of belongings before producing a small travel radio and lock box. Twisting the dial of the radio she tunes into one of the local stations before then opening the box within which sat amongst other things; a .22 automatic pistol, an encrypted mobile and a tobacco tin containing several Sim cards. Reassembling the phone she dials the number and waits, smiling when the call is finally answered "Hey you've reached Radio Nowhere, lets start with who you are?" the DJ asked in his infectiously chirpy voice "Hi Damian you can call me Angel"
"Well hey Angel may I say you are sounding lovely this fine day and what is it you'd like to tell us?"
"Oh I am just here to tell you all that I've planted a bomb at 42 Lexington Plaza and it will detonate in exactly ten minutes time...also if you could play something by the Wild Hearts it'd be much appreciated, Bye Damian" hanging up the phone she glances at her watch, that had been quick enough hadn't it? It was not like they'd been waiting for her in order to trace the call? Better get out of here just in case she thought to herself as she removed the Sim card and dropped it into the waiting beaker of acid before inserting a new one and dialling another number.
Her thumb hits cancel before it had made a single ring oh gods! I am doing the right thing aren’t I? I haven’t just done something terminally stupid? Her mind panics as she begins to fully grasp the extent of what she’d done.
The building was deserted, had been for years and had been built in a remote enough location that no one would be hurt in the ensuing explosion…well…other than the police and bomb squad sent to deal with the call but they were acceptable losses; cogs in an evil machine cogs with wives and children. Don’t think like that! They’d gun you down in an instant and you know it! Even with her ardent belief that she was doing the right thing and that their deaths were for the greater good Sera still couldn’t help but feel a little guilty. She’d told them ten minutes, the digital display upon the bomb said ten minutes but the timer inside actually said six minutes, just enough time for them to clear the area before going inside to meet their doom. It was a dirty trick but one she felt justified in playing after all why should she play fair when they wouldn’t?
Re-dialling the number she takes several deeps breaths before putting on a cheery voice for whoever picked up the line even if it was only the answer machine “Hey it’s me Vivien, just thought I’d call and let you know I am coming over, also we need to talk… I think I may have done something a little reckless”

DeletedUser

Maya

The warning klaxons continued to wail and in the distant corner of the car park a squad of black-clad shock troopers hurried to lock down the exits. The room was filled with a multitude of vehicles, most common being the ubiquitous matte black Department SUV. However the one closest to the entrance was an unmarked brown saloon car. With remarkable convenience the car's doors were wide open, and the engine was still running, welcoming any persons who would wish to make a quick escape.

Inside a Garage

Two men sitting on motorbikes were cleaning sawn-off shotguns. One wore head to toe biker leathers, and the other wore jeans, a T-shirt and black kerchief. With trained hands they took apart the weapons and reassembled them perfectly. Once satisfied they put them down, and the one in the kerchief attached an earpiece comm, winding the wire down the back of his neck and into his T-shirt. Meanwhile the other biker loaded molotov cocktails and frag grenades into a messenger bag.
Eventually having prepared themselves they raised the garage door, and roaring feircely, they rode out onto the abandoned suburbia of downtown Manhattan.

Lexington Plaza

A news helicopter circled the lone building amidst the ruins of former Midtown Manhattan.
"Y'ud have thought that they'd haave got round ta rebuildin' these places." The young cameraman shouted to the grey-haired news reporter over the blades of the chopper. "You may be too young to remember the war son." The newscaster replied in his monotone voice. "Most times it's more convenient to just leave the ruins and build elsewhere. The government is too busy fighting goddamn anarchists to focus on building civil infrastructure nowadays." The newscaster glanced down at the ring of SWAT and bomb disposal troopers surrounding the building, before turning to the cockpit. "Can we get closer to the building? We've still got six minutes before the bomb goes off. Might as well get a good shot."

Downtown Manhattan

The bikers roared through the streets, the one with the kerchief repeatedly checking their location in juxtaposition to a blip on a screen held out in front of him. They passed by a couple of blocks before the guy with the kerchief signalled a stop. Letting the bikes roll to a halt by the drive of one particular street where they dismounted. The guy with the kerchief pointed to a particular dilapidated house, which they began walking towards, after taking out their shotguns.

The Safehouse

Inside the dilapidated house the phone echoed with the sound of Sera's voice, calling to anyone who cared to listen, as well as drowning out the sound of any footsteps outside.

Lexington Plaza

A squad of IED disposal troopers ran at the double towards the building, carrying between them a bomb robot. Above them the news chopper circled dangerously close to the building, just trying to get the best shot. The IED troopers sweated inside their suits as they entered the foyer of the former grand hotel.
"Okay fan out, let's spread out and find whatever those twisted rebel scum planted. We've got six minutes so let's get to work!" The squad leader bellowed as the troopers fanned out, aided by the remote controlled robot.

Downtown Manhattan

The two 'bikers' approached the front door of the particular house, inside which a woman's voice could be heard, perhaps from an answerphone, perhaps not. Either way the pair crept to the front door, and stood calmly on either side. The man in biker leathers pulled a molotov cocktail out of his bag, and prepared a lighter. Meanwhile the man with the kerchief slowly placed the muzzle of his sawn-off shotgun against the lock of the door. On the count of three, his finger squeezed the trigger.

Lexington Plaza

Just as the first IED disposal trooper cried out that he'd found the bomb, and there was four minutes left, the building exploded. From outside it was definitely true that the news helicopter got the best shot, as a flying piece of debris hit the blades and sent it spiraling down towards the ground. All with the camera rolling, catching the deaths of every reporter and crewman aboard.

DeletedUser31931

As the door burst open her eyes scanned the room in a second and assessed the situation. The car was there as promised and there were no guards nearby. They were, however, locking down the exits which was not a good thing. She had to move quickly, she noted in her head which door was the one they would lock down last and, having done all of this in about a second flat, then began to move. Opening the back door of the car she put Eddie inside the back of the car and put his seat belt onto him. Slipping the safety on on the AUG she put in the back of the car with him saying "If you can use your arms then pick it up and provide me some covering fire, but don't die, you're the purpose of this rescue." With that she pulled the P95 off of her back and slipped it onto the passenger seat with the safety on, so it wouldn't go off into her leg. Shutting the door she recalled everything she knew about driving and the few courses she'd done with the Department on escape driving. It wasn't really her forte but with her reactions she could adapt to most situations. The car was, thankfully, automatic which gave her one less thing to worry about. She put it into drive and then floored the accelerator, the squealing of the rubber tyres on the floor giving away their position. As they accelerated towards the gate she swerved into the next lane, giving the police a harder target to hit. Switching between lanes dodging pillars and parked cars she rammed at full speed, narrowly missing two or three bullets that shattered the windscreen. As she approached the final gate she had about ten metres to go and she straightened the car ducking and waiting for the sensation of going up the ramp or stopping before raising her head again.

DeletedUser28032

The whiskey coursed down her throat as she sat within the dimly lit bar, the alcohol going a long way towards calming her frayed nerves and growing paranoia. When she’d received no answer from the safe house Sera had taken just enough time to dismantle the phone and put it in her bag along with the other items from the lock box before then leaving the school, arming the charge on the door as she went. She’d seen no sign of anyone watching her; the skies devoid of helicopters full of SWAT troopers or surveillance drones, and the narrow country lane outside of the decaying remains of the school completely devoid of traffic. Yet she’d still spent the entire walk into town checking over her shoulder terrified that at any minute a black SUV would come roaring out of nowhere to whisk her away to some unspeakable hell hole.
Checking her watch she finds that it is almost time for her to catch the bus. Finishing her drink with a single long swallow she picks up her bag and heads out of the door and makes her way to the bus stop. Her route home was a complicated one but one she felt necessary for instead of simply taking the bus directly into the city she would take it to another small town on the outskirts where she had left her car and then drive it to a rented garage on city’s outskirts before then either catching another bus or hailing a cab to take her the rest of the way home hoping that the different modes of transport and convoluted route would throw off anybody trying to track her down.
The car in turn had been bought with cash through a private sale and then a new set of number plates had been bought from a scrap dealer in another town with neither town containing either the school or the garages she used meaning that nobody should be able to recognise the vehicle or its new owner.
Walking down the street wondering why the hell she’d thought wearing heels had been a good idea Sera slows as she came to a crowd of people gathered around a shop window. Standing on tip toes she watches aghast with the rest of the crowd as they witness the news helicopters final moments before dissolving into static as the bomb, her bomb exploded.
Sera left before the news team had time to show the pictures of the unfortunate helicopter crew; she didn’t want to see their faces or hear how they had been loving husbands and fathers it was bad enough already without that they weren’t supposed to be there! It was only supposed to be the police, they deserve it not some hapless cameraman! Her mind wails threatening to push her into despair No! It’s not your fault if they hadn’t been there none of this would have happened …do you really believe that Sera? No but if I don’t I’ll go mad.
When the bus finally arrived Sera pays her fare before then taking a seat by the window, once she reached her stop she’d try ringing the safe house again, if she didn’t get an answer this time she’d have to try and think of something else.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Afraid that I can only reply for Maya until Johann or Chloe reply with news on happenings at the safehouse.)

Maya

Three black-clad security personnel let rip with P90s as the car approached the barrier. Concrete blast doors were slowly moving across the exit. But Maya could swear that they seemed to be moving slower, and stalling more than they should. So instead of smashing into a concrete wall, the car broke through the barrier and narrowly stream through the closing gap. Miraculously, after the car was through the blast doors sped up and slammed shut, conveniently blocking the passage for any pursuers. Outside the facility there seemed to be a distinct lack of police/military (not really much difference nowadays) who should have immediately formed a cordon. Overhead where there should have been gunships there were a fleet of news helicopters, focused on the solitary little brown saloon car.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Agreed with tiger)

Maya grinned as the security personnel let rip with P90s at the car, ducking down the bullets flew over her and Eddies' heads, ripping through the glass in the window. As she felt the car smash through the barrier she pulled on the handbrake and spun sideways, kicking it into gear again she sped off. There was no military there right now, courtesy of the Department, but they could not keep the pretence up for much longer without it becoming suspicious. She already had a fleet of news helicopters chasing her so she knew that things would be slightly difficult, although the car was pretty indistinguishable, except for the bullet holes and smashed windscreen, which could be fixed. She sped up and rounded a corner, heading between buildings, going through as many parking lots and the like as she was able to, the car was under cover, making it impossible for the news helicopters to follow her.

She couldn't exactly ditch the car now, it would be very hard to transport Eddie around in his current state. Running through a list of possible locations in her head, she remembered an apartment that the Department had used to use that they used no longer, they wouldn't be disturbed because the Department would ensure it and it was the nearest thing to them. She pulled the car out onto a main road and drove down it as fast as she dared, leaving it about four minutes later, she then turned through a sprawling complex that was surprisingly emptier than she thought it would be. As they arrived at an apartment complex she awaited the moment of truth. She got out of the car, picking up the P95 from the seat beside her where she had placed it, and then made her way to the door cautiously, before inputting the apartment code. The door swung open and she stepped inside, the floorboards creaking slightly under her feet. The apartment appeared empty, so she swung the P95 onto her back and then went out and opened the back door before muttering to Eddie. "We're here."

Picking him up she brought him inside the apartment before placing him on a sofa. She shut and locked the door, adding a second code to ensure that they could not be disturbed. She went to the weapons cabinet and opened it, unsurprisingly it was empty, the apartment had clearly been clear out, though they still had running water and gas. She pulled out two glasses and poured herself and Eddie a glass of water, knowing from past experience that he would probably want a glass, and it would be easier for him if she drank too. She discarded any feelings she had for him left and prepared herself for what was to come. She put the glass down next to him and said "I couldn't find any vodka, sorry. I need your help Eddie. The Department has a list of names, it's one part of a list of the Rebel faction leaders, and you have another part. I got orders from above to rescue you by any means necessary and find out which names they had. I need you to write me down what you know, it's vital to the Rebellion. Eddie, please help us."

DeletedUser

Maya

Eddie laughed a little as he lay on the sofa. Some blood was spat out of his mouth by the act. "The rebellion? What is this, gorram Star Wars?" He chuckled again, more blood coming out. Taking the glass he weakly took a few sips. Placing it down again he looked right at Maya. "Thanks fer gettin' me outta there. I don't think I coulda lasted much longer before givin' up names. I deeply appreciate it, and I owe you. But ya know I won't give you names just like that. So here's what I wantcha to do. I wantcha to pass me a phone, and step outta the room for a moment. The less ya know, the better it is for the both of us. If you gimme that phone, and I'm gonna call in some guys. They'll know what to do.Will ya do that?"