Sick One

DeletedUser31931

Maya did a quick once over of the apartment before leaving to make sure that she hadn't been seen, and with two minutes left on the timer before chicken time, she exited the apartment and left the building. Then she saw the announcement. The Russian did not know fear, but she did know a major problem when it was staring her right in the face, and this certainly was. She needed to get back to the safe-house and stream the broadcast through some untraceable bounce-points from there. She got on to the next bus and sat there and in her head, began to run through her options.

DeletedUser28032

"Straight Highland Park...make it a double please" Sera said chipping her own order onto the end of Doc's; although her friend didn't want to drink she felt in serious need of one at the moment. Taking her drink over to the booth she sits down and takes a large mouthful of the whiskey, savouring the strong flavour as it burnt its way down her throat. She had practically finished the drink and considering getting another when Vincent entered the club placing an Irish coffee in front of her as he does so "Thank you Vincent" she said sounding a little more like herself now that the alcohol was beginning to take effect; draining the last of the whiskey in a single long mouthful before giving him an apologetic look "Sorry...I had a run in with Maya...she ain't the mole buts she’s crazy and carrying a gun" she said in way of an explanation "Oh Doc...Be a dear if I start running my mouth just slap me or something" she suddenly asked the other woman with a smile and only half joking when she said it.
It was before any of them had chance to begin discussing how they were going to get to the safe house when the news bulletin was announced, Sera's heart stopping in her chest as she expected their identities to be broadcast across the news for all to see. There weren't many people within the club but one of them thought to call the police then they would all be done for. Thankfully however no photo's followed the announcement only promises of their release very soon "So Fox darling where exactly is your uncle's cabin? Because me and Dana are so looking forward to seeing it" she purred at Vincent not exactly sure why she had adopted such a subterfuge or chosen the characters from that particular show only that they needed to be somewhere else and get there unseen. The announcement could just be a bluff but then again only Sera had thought to wear any form of disguise so maybe they did know who they all were?
Picking up her Irish coffee she takes a long drink; trying her best to keep the others from seeing her hands from shaking.

DeletedUser

"I hate to end this before it begins, but I think we need to get out of here immediately...before they post our pictures" Doc said quietly to the pair seated beside her. "Vincent, lead the way man, and take us to safety." Doc pulled her hair loose again, and allowed some to cover a little of her face. She then grabbed money from her wallet, stood and as casually as she could, walked over to pay the bar tab. "While you two are finishing up, I think I'll take a quick trip to the ladies room." She didn't even wait to hear their response. Doc's brain was in overdrive now, calculating what their chances were. But, per usual these couple of days, she didn't have enough input to make very valid assumptions. Nevertheless, she kept trying, and... she wasn't giving much for their chances.

DeletedUser13682

Any hopes of them staying and relaxing a bit were gone. A minute or so after Vincent had sat down and the group began enjoying their drinks, a special news bulletin appeared on the television. It simply stated that the government had identified the terrorists responsible for the attack on the factory and would be releasing the identities within the hour. Why not reveal them now? Why this wait? Maybe the government wanted them to slip up and make the catch that much easier. As Sera asked him where the cabin was (Fox? Like that one Claymation movie?) as Doc decided to head to the bathroom for some reason. “It’s a nice little cabin in the woods. Used to be a hunting lodge, but my family repurposed it. I think it’s about time to head there myself. Vivien, why don’t you grab Dana, and I’ll get us a cab.” Vincent took one last sip of Irish coffee (it wasn’t even half done [how sad]) and stopped by the bar to pay his tab.

Outside, the rain had started to fall. Vincent didn’t remember that from his weather forecasts; consequently he now had no umbrella or rain coat. Luckily the awning kept the rain off him. After shooting off a quick text message, Vincent ran over to an idling taxi. “Here’s the address,” Vincent said, showing the cab driver his phone, where an address a few blocks from the safehouse was displayed. “There’s two women coming with me. Wait here until they come. I’ll flag them once they get outside.”

DeletedUser

The Verdant

The screen in the bar flashed again, with the new headline of 'TERRORIST IDENTITIES RELEASED'. The background noise of the bar sank considerably, letting the voice of the news take control.
"The identities of the terrorists involved in yesterday's attack have been released earlier than expected. A Federal Unity spokesperson announced just a few minutes ago that not every participant had been identified, but still some identities have been released."
A panel of five faces appeared onscreen. From left to right the captioned names underneath them listed their identities. Huang Lee. Ethan Milligan. Katy O'Heaney. Maya Voril. Eddie Pearson.

Maya

The bus was generally as silent as it had been before the newscast. But it couldn't be said that the other passengers hadn't noticed the broadcoast, and consequently it also couldn't be said that a few of them hadn't noticed the similarity between the ID'ed face of 'Maya Voril' and the face of the strange woman sitting on her own.
As a black SUV pulled up into the slipstream behind the bus, some passengers began to murmur, making slight fearful gestures with their fingers toward one person in particular.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: X-Files actually; Fox Mulder and Dana Scully)

With the imminent release of the identities of the terrorists it was decided that it would be best if they got the hell out of dodge whilst they still could; Vincent telling her to grab Doc and meet him outside whilst bestowing the pseudonym of "Vivien" upon her, which considering she'd just called him Fox was probably fair.
Taking a large mouthful of the Irish coffee before then regretfully abandoning it on the table Sera gives a single nod in reply to Vincent before getting up and heading for the Ladies with her bag slung over her shoulder. It was just as she was about to push open the door and see if her friend was alright that the names were announced causing her to become paralysed with fear until all of the identities were listed. To her relief however many of the faces belonged to the dead with the noted exception of Maya.
With the news that Maya's name had been released Sera enters the Ladies room in search of her friend calling as she does so "Hey Dana are you alright? Fox is waiting for us outside so we need to get going...just...just let me make a phone call first" she said adding the last part on as the severity of the situation struck her.
Pulling out Maya's encrypted phone she dials the single programmed number and waits until either Maya or her voice mail answered "oh hey there..." Sera hesitates finding herself unable to follow the protocol laid down by that woman. No, there was no way in hell she was going to call her mother and so opted for a different option "...sis, Dad knows you went to the party and is seriously pissed at you so you'd better lay low for a while, I'll call you later bye" ending the call she wonders if what she had just done was for the best after all the woman had broken into her home and held a gun to her head and then threatened to do the same to her friends. But on the other hand the police were after her and she knew their names and so like it or not she had to warn her. Their lives depended on it.
Once Doc was ready she'd head outside and meet up with Vincent and hope that this safe house was as good as they hoped it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Doc finished relieving herself, just as Sera entered the ladies room looking for her. "I'll be right out...all this drama made nature call." Doc heard Sera make a quick phone call, but she couldn't really hear what was said, as the toilet was flushing at the time. The older woman, went over to the sink, washed her hands, ran cold water over her face, and said "ok, I am ready.. we must not keep Fox waiting." She still struggled looking at herself in the mirror. She wasn't used to the red hair yet. She wasn't as calm as she appeared. Her hands were shaking, and her voice quivered a bit. Now she was worried that Vincent would leave without them. Always something to worry about...

Together they left the ladies room, made their way through the bar. She had taken her backpack with her, so she only needed to grab her suitcase. They headed outside and she thought it was good that it was raining. People will be more concerned with staying dry, than paying attention to them. She glanced around, saw the waiting cab, with Vincent inside waving them over. "Come on, Fox is already waiting for us in the cab."

DeletedUser31931

This was not good, the newscast had named her, and given her photograph. She'd been through two identity changes already, so at least she shouldn't flag on Department sensors as an ex-agent as she'd made certain to clear out all photo data-banks with her on. The bus was staring and pointing now though, at her and at the black SUV. It was back. Maya ran through her options in her head, quickly calculating. If she got off now she was a sitting duck, if she stayed on now at least there was a chance that they wouldn't make a move until she got back to the safehouse, but if she didn't get off now, the bus could easily be re-routed. That was the decision maker. Muttering "Da zdravstvuyet revolyutsiya" (Long live the revolution) grimly under her breath, she hit the next stop button, the next stop being only fifty metres away, things were about to get interesting.

DeletedUser28032

“Hey it’ll be ok” Sera said placing a comforting arm about her friends shoulders hoping that she sounded more confident in that statement than she felt. The day’s events had shaken her and she wasn’t entirely sure what to do; only that they had to do something or they’d all end up in a cell assuming of course that they weren’t simply gunned down in the street.
Following her friend out of the ladies room Sera quickly makes her way across the near deserted club towards the main door, pausing long enough for Doc to collect the rest her bags before making the dash through the rain to the waiting taxi.
Sliding across the seat to sit between Vincent and Doc, Sera waits for the other woman to get in and for the taxi to get moving; quietly relieved to find it was a different cabbie to the one that had brought them here, before speaking in a low voice “How far away is this place Fox only…I think we may have a problem”

DeletedUser13682

The rain slowly quickened as Vincent waited for the other two to arrive at the cab. After a few minutes, he began to worry that they had skipped out on him, or worse, picked up by the police. While he waited, Vincent’s phone bleeped a news message. The terrorist identities were revealed. Only five of their group were revealed. Some were already dead. Some were still living, probably. Though if Maya was still alive, Vincent worried that she would do her best to bring him, Doc and Sera down with her when she got caught. They really needed to get to the safehouse quickly. Vincent was just about to reenter the Verdant and look for them when they appeared outside. Vincent rolled down the window, and waved for them to come over. “Hello, Dana, Vivien. Was worried you got lost in there.” After they entered the cab, Vincent indicated to the driver to drive. “Don’t worry. Not too far. Anyway, no problem here.” Vincent held up his phone to show them the news article. “Damon came through on time. The party is still on.”

DeletedUser28032

"That’s good to know" Sera replied with a broad and entirely fake smile as she leaned across to look at the news bulletin on Vincent's phone "...oh while I think about it I gave my friend a call, you know the one you said sounded like Putin in drag?" she continued hoping that Vincent would realise that she was talking about Maya. She still didn't know what to do about Maya because on the one hand she didn't want her to find their safe house yet on the other hand she didn't want her to be captured by the police and reveal their identities.
As Sera dwelled on this rather horrifying conundrum, the taxi threaded its way through the traffic before finally arriving at a rather unremarkable house in the suburbs; a quiet place with neat lawns and painted fences, far enough away to be peaceful without being secluded.
With her backpack slung over her shoulder Sera steps out of the taxi and onto the path; checking the street for any sign of a tail as she does without even realising she was doing so "So Fox shall we go in? I take it you have the key right?"

DeletedUser

The Safehouse

The house was a strange, looming thing. When you first saw it it appeared perfectly normal, like the kind of cheap clone that a lazy video game coder would use. But the more you looked at it, the more that preconception decayed. For instance, it was hard not to notice that there were many panes of glass missing from the windows; some boarded up, others just gone. Then there were the scorched bricks, shattered pieces of glass across the lawn and the stains on the front doorstep. Behind them the taxi pulled away, and after a motorbike roared past the street became silent again, and the house loomed.

Maya

As soon as Maya stepped off the bus it closed up and moved again, its occupants anxious that the 'crazed anarchistic extremist terrorist' was away from them. However not long after the bus stop was vacated it was filled again, this time by a black SUV, which pulled in and stopped. The engine wasn't turned off, but the front passenger door did open, and a man stepped out. A man wearing a casual grey suit with fedora, and with his hands in the air.

DeletedUser31931

The bus was away, good, she didn't want that to be a roadblock, it'd be a shame if it ruined her getaway. The black SUV was pulling in, she had around ten seconds to plan her escape. Traffic? No, they'd just shoot out the tires, there was a parked motorbike, she could weave through traffic... no pointless, they'd just follow her on CCTV until she got off and pick her up then.
She was a little bit stuck in this situation it seemed, maybe her best chance was to wait it out, they probably wouldn't know where the gun was, but that wasn't much, they'd just search her. Then again, if they had, somehow (and god knows how), managed to drag out her files, they'd know that it probably was best to not attack her, she was probably one of, if not the, best shots in the city.
As the SUV stopped in front of her, the door opened and a man stepped out wearing classic Department uniform, probably a detective or undercover ops agent by his clothing.
His hands were in the air, probably ready to attempt to disarm her if she pulled a gun, never in a gesture of surrender, because Department agents worth their salt never did that, they just let you think they did until they put a bullet between your eyes.
"Good evening Agent, are you here to arrest me then?" She stated bluntly, her voice betraying nothing, but her gut was preparing for fight or flight, however, this conversation first would act as a nice pause. Meanwhile, she had taken a step back away from the man as she'd been talking, out of arm's reach.

DeletedUser13682

They had arrived at the address Vincent asked for, a nice looking, upper middle class suburban house. After paying the cabbie, and waving goodbye, Vincent looked at it. It was a nice place, but this was not their final destination. Sera seemed to think this was, however, and prepared to head up to it. “Sorry, Vivien, this isn’t where the party’s at. There’s where it’s at.” Vincent pointed down the street, a couple blocks down, where a damaged house stood. It seemed that it had been recently attacked and abandoned, after a fire had decided to singe some of its exterior. “It’s not much to look at, but that’s the point. It’s abandoned, but should look different on the inside. Come on. Oh, either of you need help carrying anything? I’ve already got my things there.” Vincent waited for the other two to get ready to go, and recover from the probable shock of finding out their safehouse actually looked like a hate crime target.

DeletedUser

As they arrived at the location that Vincent had given to the cab driver, the older woman gathered her things and got out. She put her rolling suitcase on the ground and pulled open the handle, slung her backpack over her back and was ready to follow Sera up to the house. As she took her first step, she heard Vincent tell her friend that the party was elsewhere. She looked to see where he was pointing, and it was a couple of blocks down the road. How clever of him. This would be the address that the cabbie recorded as their destination, not their real one. At this point, Doc didn't really care what the place looked like, as long as she could rest. But, she was grateful when he said that it wasn't going to be as awful as it appeared. "No, I don't need any help, thanks for asking" Doc replied to Vincent. "Let's go check out our new digs."

DeletedUser

Maya

"No." The man in the fedora said. He spoke with a plain, toneless American accent. Keeping his hands in the air he walked towards Maya, stopping a few feet away. "You're not going to be arrested. You're an Operative, just like me." The man took another step. "You may have gone away for a while, and you may say to yourself and others; 'No! I'm not one of them! They're evil! I'm a dashing revolutionary!' But you still are an Operative, no matter whether you're in or out of the fold, whether or not you admit it. You will always be one of us, that's why we're not arresting you."
Behind him the rear passenger door of the SUV opened and a man wearing a gas mask and urban camo fatigues stepped out holding an SMG. He left the door open.
The man in the fedora stepped back a pace. "You won't be leaving here in chains. You'll either be in a bag in the boot, or sitting with us on the back seat. We know you're still loyal to the Unity, we know you want to help us, so let us help you. Where are the terrorists, and who are the ringleaders?"

DeletedUser31931

They'd found the files, she was discovered. She thought she'd been good, covering her tracks, all the false identities, the lies and the running, she'd even fled New York for a while, she'd done everything she could, but she should have known, she'd always known it in her heart, you don't leave the Department, you can't leave it all behind. All of this, though... and now she was torn... the loyalty to her Old Family or New, the Department had been good, she had brief memories at the beginning the pain and the guilt, she knew they existed but she no longer felt them, she had slowly become one of the Department. They were wrong though! She wasn't part of them! She wasn't part of the enemy! She was a good person! She had to be with all the things she'd done! Then the truth slammed into her like a sledgehammer as she thought of everything she'd done as a Freedom Fighter and of who she had always been. Da zdravstvuyet revolyutsiya, the words seemed empty and hollow now, there never really had been a revolution, had there? Still, she owed one thing to the others in her group, she could not let them go, maybe she could even try to get a way for them to go free, but only if they got caught. She pulled out her mobile phone from her pocket (not her link to Sera but her mobile phone) "Half of these are black market dealers but the upper brass called me on it yesterday, I couldn't trace it by myself but maybe you can. Do I get to keep my apartment still or have you changed regulations?" She asked the Operative, she was returning to the fold.

DeletedUser

Maya

The man in the fedora took the phone and nodded with approval before placing it in the inside pocket of his jacket. Upon her request regarding her apartment he signed. "I'm afraid that the DIA went through your apartment, and well... since they're Internal Affairs they left it in a lot of pieces. So sorry. But for now you'll be staying in cardboard boxes with the recruits at HQ until suitable accommodation can be found. Now, would you like to step this way?" He gestured back towards the SUV, where the man in the gas mask stepped back to leave the rear passenger door open for her.

DeletedUser31931

Maya didn't really have much choice at this moment in time, they were letting her keep her pistol which was nice of them. As the man gestured for her to get in the car, two things caught her attention, firstly was the man in the gas mask, if he was to be her driver then that was worrying, so if worst came to worst the gas couldn't be remote triggered, too dangerous, instead it'd have to be local and there'd be an off switch, she could just shoot him in the head and abandon in need be. "I'm assuming that if they've found the safe-house all of my gear all be waiting for me, that stuff does not come cheap and even Internal know that much." She said and then waited for a response before sliding into the car.

DeletedUser

Maya

The man in the fedora shook his head and sighed again. "Yes, the DIA knew how.. specialised your gear was. But DIA are thugs and have no respect for technological beauty."
After Maya got into the back of the SUV the man in the gas mask slid in next to her, closed the door and set the SMG down in between his legs with the safety catch firmly 'ON'.
A few seconds later the man in the fedora got into the front passenger seat and nodded to the man in the driver's seat, who was wearing a tracksuit and earpiece. The man in the tracksuit turned in his seat to face her. "Welcome back tovarisch!*" He said, a little too loudly, before turning on the engine and pulling back out onto the road with a lurch.
The SUV wove through traffic, its presence causing civilians to move aside, though they probably didn't stop to think why. The SUV looked official looking, and that was enough.
A few minutes later it pulled to a halt outside a storage unit overlooking the area that Maya had been picked up on.
The man in the gas mask pulled open the door opposite Maya, revealing a short woman wearing combat trousers, a zipped-up leather jacket and pattern webbing, carrying a tactical rifle bag. The woman climbed into the SUV and placed the bag in a compartment underneath the seats. As the doors were closed and the SUV moved again she reached across the back of the car and offered her hand to Maya. "Hi." She said with a pronounced Italian accent. "I'm Swift. Nice to meet you."

*comrade