• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date

DeletedUser9470

Proposal
Show duellable players on the mini map

Current Workaround
Guess work.

Details
I find using the duel tab to search for players is a help, but it takes ages to sort out the order in which to duel players so as to save time.
you will end up doing 1 duel and then having an hour gap before the next, because of the distance between both duellable players.
this issu isnt shown in the tab so i would like this idea to be implemented so that players can choose targets and areas a lot more easily.

Abuse Prevention
no loopholes.

Visual Aids
showingduellableplayers.png

Summary
Players would benefit in knowledge with more info on their game.
This would make gameplay easier and more fun and thus appeal more to the general public.
THIS WOULD BENEFIT EVERYONE, even builders, as they could choose non congested areas to work in, so as to avoid being duelled.

The player can enable or disable as he sees fit, in exactly the same fashion as showing:
Other towns, Ghost towns, Your town, Fort, Own forts, Alliance forts, Other, You are here!, and Quest giver.
Choice of colour is irrelevant, I leave for inno to decide.
If there are duellable players at your own location then you would be able to see that in the duel tab. the spot on the map would remain yellow, indicating the players position.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? biblical system says no.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Nice idea benefits duelers and non duelers alike.

Itll get a yes from me.

DeletedUser

i'll say yes it gets advantages from everyone non-duelers and duelers and it may come in handy sometimes ;)

DeletedUser

I wonder what kind of server resources this idea would require. It seems like it could be resource intensive generating the minimap layer of duelable players.

DeletedUser

I wonder what kind of server resources this idea would require. It seems like it could be resource intensive generating the minimap layer of duelable players.

barring those restraints, i like this idea

DeletedUser22685

Looks like a great idea to me.

Would you check which player is which by clicking on their position on the mini map and clicking the player icon or would there be a pop up as you hover your mouse over their dot on the mini map, similar to the way the alliance map works?

DeletedUser22493

That would also be my only objection to this idea. If its not a problem, you got a yes from me.

DeletedUser20104

It would be better to show that on the duel screen where we can see the 2 duelers

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 16

DeletedUser

It would be better to show that on the duel screen where we can see the 2 duelers

I do agree in a way, but that would take away from the "THIS WOULD BENEFIT EVERYONE" aspect of the idea if you couldn't see duelers and jobs on the same map.

DeletedUser9470

I do agree in a way, but that would take away from the "THIS WOULD BENEFIT EVERYONE" aspect of the idea if you couldn't see duelers and jobs on the same map.

its to show all players that are duellable, not only duellers.

i was thinking about the hover over pop-ups showing names but i think that defo would be too much strain on the servers.
but small dots i think would be awesome, especially if in the drop down box you can decide to turn it on or off...

DeletedUser

it would be cool if you can cancel or accept seeing this like other towns in the mini map sometimes its a pain to see the map so full :ranger:

DeletedUser20104

I thought it would have less strain on the server :p

DeletedUser

Hell Yeah!

I really like the concept of seeing people on the minimap right beside me.But what if you are in a town and there are players who you can duel?Will it be both yellow and green?:blink:

DeletedUser22685

it would be cool if you can cancel or accept seeing this like other towns in the mini map sometimes its a pain to see the map so full :ranger:
I assume it will work the same way as the other mini map dots in that you can choose to disable them just by clicking them in the key to the right of the mini map.

Harsha..

One of better ideas i would say - i'm all for it

yes, there can be a server overload, but i'm pretty much sure that the devs would find a way to get over it by creating a new system to keep track of players relative positions on the map

DeletedUser31859

This should be brought into action. good idea man. It will also benefit new players.

DeletedUser22493

Not very realistic..
..but that not why id object to this..

..I just don't want dueler to find me.. :tumble:

DeletedUser9470

Not very realistic..
..but that not why id object to this..

..I just don't want dueler to find me.. :tumble:

maybe you can attribute different colours to certain people so that you recognise them on the map straight away...maybe an update to this idea?
:D