Should religion be illegal?

• Thread starter DeletedUser8950
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yes.

No quit your OT bull.

Then defend yours. You have shown no evidence of anything expect that you are a master-basher, who seems to never get banned for it.

On Topic:
And david, you took my somewhat already exagerated point, and blew the living fire out of it. You knew what i meant, evolution can no more be proven then you say God existance cannot.

DeletedUser

Scientific evidence points to the conclusion that animals managed to have genetic mutatitions for better or worse that led to expansion of numbers and the dieing out of previous or inferior creatures. That's the simpler version.

DeletedUser

Ok I believe that religion was originally created to give people a reason to not just kill each other for their own amusement and give people a way to unite as a civilation...a lot of countries have been based on religion and whether or not it actually florished still depend on the people. My main point is that religion was created to get people to work together. Im antheist by the way

DeletedUser21720

it definitely has contributed to a lot war/death. however...if you're talking USA? That would obviously contradict what our country was founded on.

Even those who dont believe in god would have to agree with me there. just as i can believe, you can choose not to. Freedom.......

DeletedUser

This is no place for Atheism/Theism debate, but there is no true proof of evolution, and to believe all of this is an accident takes far more faith than to believe everything was simply created. Most with an open mind would agree that it is easier to believe that a creator with no beginning created all that we know, than for the odds of life showing up out of nowhere.

The literal of odds of life creating itself are literally

1 out 10 followed by one billion zeros.

Im sorry but that is much less likely than for life to have been created. And that's not counting the odds of all of the variables of Earth size, shape, density, and the rest of the things that help to support life on this planet.

One researcher said, "The odds of life coming about out of nowhere could be compared to a perfect dictionary being formed by an explosion in a printery."

And im the one with no logic?

It doesn't really take faith, just logic. Is it really hard to believe that genetic mutations can occur, changing an animal?

An open mind? That's kind of funny, considering 99% of religious folk, including yourself are very close-minded.

It IS easier to believe in a god than the theory of evolution. Exactly the point. Religion makes things easy, and understandable; and once people actually think for themselves, and logically, they dismiss religion. Blondie, do you know; I could fill a room of 100 religious people, and ask them why do you believe? And AT LEAST half of them would say, "It comforts me", or "IDK, my parents believed in it". People have faith, cause they're trying to be comforted, they can't accept death, nothingness, or even the thought of not having someone watching over them. People want to be invincible, and always 'safe', but it's not possible.

So you're right, religion, and you're beliefs are easier to believe; and that's exactly the point, and the sole reason for believing.

Just because something is difficult, or the odds of it are near impossible; doesn't mean it can't be done. It isn't the year 927, we can actually explain how things are, how things came to be, etc. as logical people without resorting to calling people demons, saying we were magically made of clay, and there's a huge guy in the sky.

------

On-topic.

Don't really think banning religion will solve anything. Like earlier said, it would cause massive amounts of problems. Even when we can actually control people, they'd still believe. And knowing religious people, they embrace their god even more when they're in times of trouble. Some may reject him, but others will just wait for the 'miraculous return of JESUS CHRIST@!@!@'.

Don't really think it'd be possible to ban religion in the first place, especially if your in America.

But don't worry! Remember the words of the great Stephen Hawking, - "Science will win, because it works." It might take centuries upon centuries for people to dismiss religion, but at least it's a good end to wait for.

DeletedUser

It doesn't really take faith, just logic. Is it really hard to believe that genetic mutations can occur, changing an animal?

An open mind? That's kind of funny, considering 99% of religious folk, including yourself are very close-minded.

It IS easier to believe in a god than the theory of evolution. Exactly the point. Religion makes things easy, and understandable; and once people actually think for themselves, and logically, they dismiss religion. Blondie, do you know; I could fill a room of 100 religious people, and ask them why do you believe? And AT LEAST half of them would say, "It comforts me", or "IDK, my parents believed in it". People have faith, cause they're trying to be comforted, they can't accept death, nothingness, or even the thought of not having someone watching over them. People want to be invincible, and always 'safe', but it's not possible.

So you're right, religion, and you're beliefs are easier to believe; and that's exactly the point, and the sole reason for believing.

Just because something is difficult, or the odds of it are near impossible; doesn't mean it can't be done. It isn't the year 927, we can actually explain how things are, how things came to be, etc. as logical people without resorting to calling people demons, saying we were magically made of clay, and there's a huge guy in the sky.

------

On-topic.

Don't really think banning religion will solve anything. Like earlier said, it would cause massive amounts of problems. Even when we can actually control people, they'd still believe. And knowing religious people, they embrace their god even more when they're in times of trouble. Some may reject him, but others will just wait for the 'miraculous return of JESUS CHRIST@!@!@'.

Don't really think it'd be possible to ban religion in the first place, especially if your in America.

But don't worry! Remember the words of the great Stephen Hawking, - "Science will win, because it works." It might take centuries upon centuries for people to dismiss religion, but at least it's a good end to wait for.
Oh, well played, Sir.

Blondie is right about one thing though - no scientific theory is ever proven.
That's what makes science open-ended and non-dogmatic - it's all about best fits and has the humility to question its own findings. I find religious explanations unimaginative and off-the-shelf whereas open-minded investigation into the way the world works is both exciting and rewarding.

As for criminalising religion - it's not even a sensible subject for debate unless you first define what you mean by those terms.

DeletedUser

Further, xcentric, people actually dismiss God because it is too hard for them to grasp, they can't imagine a being that has no beginning and no end. So they take the easy way out, atheism.

Not to mention, I chose this way of life, by having an open mind.

There is more faith than so-called logic in your gapped theories. Logic dictates life comes from life, and not from chaos. And that can only be stopped once you get to a supreme being.

I have faith, because of the future of this Earth, that i wish to take part in.

DeletedUser

Further, xcentric, people actually dismiss God because it is too hard for them to grasp, they can't imagine a being that has no beginning and no end. So they take the easy way out, atheism.

Not to mention, I chose this way of life, by having an open mind.

There is more faith than so-called logic in your gapped theories. Logic dictates life comes from life, and not from chaos. And that can only be stopped once you get to a supreme being.

I have faith, because of the future of this Earth, that i wish to take part in.
If you can imagine a being that has no beginning or end Blondie, well, good for you, but it's not an argument. When I leave my house in the morning I take the door because it's an easy way out. I don't have problems with easy ways out, but if you want to climb up your chimney I'm cool with that. If you went into religion with an open mind that's great - just try not to close it behind you.
And the universe may look like chaos to you, but I have studied physics and I see patterns, incredibly intricate and surprising, of which life is one. I haven't yet seen a supreme being in it but if I do, I'll let you know. Until I do, I'll keep on enjoying this wonderful life sticking to what I know and heeding the biblical injunction "Judge not, that ye be not judged".

Btw, your sig is most un-Christian! :)

DeletedUser

A note to those on the side of supporting religion, don't use scripture or other religious writings when arguing your point. It's hard but they want you to use that because there is no supportting evidence that somebody didn't put it down after a long happy hour. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if more than just christianity was being argued over here...

DeletedUser

Besides the fact that the Bible was scientifically thousands of years ahead of its time. And foretold the fall of World Powers before it happend.

DeletedUser1121

well, in the defense of history..
World powers have fallen before and i bet they will again.

DeletedUser1121

i am not that good in bible discussions since i don't know enough of the book to discuss, but you made me quite curious. I know it is getting off topic, but please post or pm me some detailed quotes out the bible that have predicted the falling of a world power.

DeletedUser

Besides the fact that the Bible was scientifically thousands of years ahead of its time. And foretold the fall of World Powers before it happend.

This is the most fantasticulous claim ever. Back it up or walk the walk of shame!

[Edit]Blondie has replied in a new thread. See you all over there!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OMG, consecutive postings - I'm turning into a nut.

Blondie has thrown in the towel on his new thread, so don't get your hopes up that he is going to prove the validity of the Bible after all. As soon as a reasoned argument was presented he threw all the bricks out of his pram.:unsure:

DeletedUser

Your 'answer', Blondie? :-

"Yeah, whatever.....stupid ......bull......not been proven..... conspiracy theories."

Form without substance. A posting is not an answer. Bigotry is not argument. Assertion is not proof. Dogma is not fact.

I know religious folk who are bright and congenial but you are not one of them. You clearly have nothing more to learn here on earth so enjoy the rapture when it comes. I have better things to do than talk to parrots. I hate being rude but when people are ignorant AND opinionated it brings out that side of me.

DeletedUser

If it can't be proven i don't believe it, and I don't believe what can't be proven.

I was a bit hasty in my response. I appologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.