Should religion be illegal?

• Thread starter DeletedUser8950
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Blondie I'm not saying I'm against any type of religion or anything because I do hold beliefs. Because you believe I'm going to say this: Religions can't be proven. Thats why you have to believe in them. I don't want to start a religious debate cause this thread is about religion banning.

DeletedUser

If it can't be proven i don't believe it, and I don't believe what can't be proven.

I was a bit hasty in my response. I appologize.
Yep, you riled me up. Apology accepted. I apologise for any offence given too. Let's just agree that we see the world in different ways. I just can't get my head around Christians who seem judgemental. opinionated and arrogant because that's pretty much the opposite of how Jesus lived and taught.

DeletedUser

I just can't get my head around Christians who seem judgemental. opinionated and arrogant because that's pretty much the opposite of how Jesus lived and taught.

Yeah that's true. I can't deny it. Its the few bad apples that ruin the bunch, and in other cases almost never the shiny apples that save the rest. Nobody is perfect but we can all at least try.

DeletedUser

In this case im the bad example for a Jehovah's Witness. Im not as humble as I ought to be. If you talk to any other Witness, you'll find they're much more humble than I am. We actually have a book entirely dedicated to Jesus, and how to follow his example. Im studying it right now, actually.

So don't wrap your head around me, cause apparently mine's a bit too big anyway, wrap your head around a watchtower, please, don't shun us before you really know us.

On Topic:Since the government banning religion starts the end of this system of things and the working towards a paradise Earth, then i guess im for it. :D

DeletedUser

In this case im the bad example for a Jehovah's Witness. Im not as humble as I ought to be. If you talk to any other Witness, you'll find they're much more humble than I am. We actually have a book entirely dedicated to Jesus, and how to follow his example. Im studying it right now, actually.

Nothing is scarier than a god damned Jehovahs witness knocking on your door at 3'AM in the morning. If you think torturing people with a pretty face and a bribe of pie for an invite into the house only to tell the homeowner that their religion, regardless of whatever the hell it is, will send them to hell (even if it is one of the christian sect. religions) is humble, then excuse the hell out of me but I'd rather be a cathlioc Alter boy for a night at the Vatican on Swimsuit week.

DeletedUser

First, we don't believe in hell, second, we don't knock on doors at 3 AM, and third, no offense taken.

DeletedUser

1. Yes you do. Don't try to slither your way out of the knothole, I've been told by plenty of you people that salvation rests only on the hips of the Jehovahs Witnesses and yada yada yada yada.

2. Yes you do. Don't make pretend that you don't, I nearly pissed myself when a big lady came to my door at three in the morning with a pie to spread the word of the witnesses and whatnot asking for me to let her in and obviously I had to let her in because she brought pie, damnit.

3. I'd be offended if you were offended.

DeletedUser

1. what are you talking about?

2. We're not supposed to knock on doors at 3 AM, you can't judge a group based on one or two members, but the organization as a whole.

3. Good, i guess?

DeletedUser

2. We're not supposed to knock on doors at 3 AM, you can't judge a group based on one or two members, but the organization as a whole.
Actually, based on your own scriptures, you're not supposed to be judging at all, but of course most every Christian, JW or otherwise, does exactly that.

Anyway, do you truly want us/me to judge individuals based on the actions of an organization as a whole? Am I truly reading that correctly?

DeletedUser

Baning religion for purposes of peace and love between people on the whole Earth-I totally agree with that.There have been so many wars that were provoked by that something called "religion".And those wars have caused hate,anger and alot of "bad stuff "inside all of us.
Religion and race are the only "differences"between people.But thats not true.We are really all the same."Look at them.Look at us.What difference do you see?"
We fought for something that doesnt exist really.And many of you here probably served in the army.
How much silly can it be,when you fight for something that does not exist?The real "religion"or whatever does exist but in a different way.For it you dont have to go to the church or the mosque or whatever.It lives inside of all of us.You hope,you pray,(no matter to whome),you sing,you live,you work,you are.
And people will always believe in something,no matter of that same ban.And that is something that can never be banned.That is unbrakeable.
If religion would be banned for the reasons of peace and love,this would be just like a fairytale.There wouldn't be any wars,people would work together no matter where they are.Can you imagine that kind of world?Can you?
What I am saying is that would be splendind if people would stop hating after baning religions.It would be "just like a fairytale".But that's not gonna happen.People need to change-we need to change inside.Stop and think.Ask-Do I hate people that aren't my religion?Do I hate people that "believe"? The answer leads to the answer on this topic.You can be a Christian,A Muslim,Jewess,or whatever.But if you look on life different,you look at allpeople like your brothers and sisters,then "the religion"does not have effect on you or us even if you are a member of such religion.Then you dont care "who is who"and "who is what".Because you have changed.

So,there is a conclusion to this:
There can be bombs falling out of the sky,fish can talk,trees can walk,there can be earthquakes,volcanoes erupting etc,but baning comes from the inside.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, based on your own scriptures, you're not supposed to be judging at all, but of course most every Christian, JW or otherwise, does exactly that.

Anyway, do you truly want us/me to judge individuals based on the actions of an organization as a whole? Am I truly reading that correctly?

Yes, and where did I say that im judging anybody, perhaps, David, you should ask a Jehovah's Witness what they believe instead of listening to a bias lie, no offfense. "Don't Judge, for fear you might be judged." you're right Hellstromm.

Im not saying never look at the example of some of the people in the organization, but don't focus on the flaws of people, we are all imperfect, and all have our faults, therefore perfectly imitating Jesus is an impossibility for the time being.

DeletedUser

What is your problem, seriously? Please, if you're going to argue someone's belief, it is possible to doo it without insults and sarcasm.

It was on the government and religous leaders at that time that wrongly put Jesus to death, and it was prophesied that they would do so. He was tried on the Sabbath, which was unlawful, they had no real evidence, and they also killed him, on the Double Sabbath. They were at fault, try not to show your ignorance.

DeletedUser

What is your problem, seriously? Please, if you're going to argue someone's belief, it is possible to doo it without insults and sarcasm.
I didn't insult you, don't make crap up.

It was on the government and religous leaders at that time that wrongly put Jesus to death, and it was prophesied that they would do so. He was tried on the Sabbath, which was unlawful, they had no real evidence, and they also killed him, on the Double Sabbath. They were at fault, try not to show your ignorance.
So, you're going to tell me that the "government" and "religious leaders" are not the establishment, or that getting tried on sabbath and getting crucified on the double sabbath isn't just plain perfect?

(that's the cool thing about writing your own history.. you can make things up, therein creating the perfect martyr scenario)

DeletedUser

I find it funny that those that are agianst religion tend to accuse religion of being closed minded and bigoted yet you dont see religous people trying to ban athiesm only trying to protect there rights

while athiests try to go above and beyond at every turn to destroy religion in any way possible

it begs the question whos truely the closed minded one ?

the group that simply wants to be free to choose and accept there own beleifs of the one that wants to silence any beliefs that are not there own ?

DeletedUser

I find it funny that those that are agianst religion tend to accuse religion of being closed minded and bigoted yet you dont see religous people trying to ban athiesm only trying to protect there rights

while athiests try to go above and beyond at every turn to destroy religion in any way possible

it begs the question whos truely the closed minded one ?

the group that simply wants to be free to choose and accept there own beleifs of the one that wants to silence any beliefs that are not there own ?
It's true that some (mostly Communist) regimes have persecuted religion generally, although most religious persecution has historically been perpetrated in the name of (another) religion. Personally I am against all restraint on freedom of belief, whether religious or secular. In my own country and many others there is still legislation against complete freedom of non-religious expression, which can be punished under blasphemy laws. Thankfully, this is slowly changing and at least for the time being they are a dead letter

As for closed-mindedness, I have posted elsewhere the sort of evidence I would accept as sufficient evidence for me to accept the theist position, but I have never seen any theist in this forum acknowledge that any evidence would persuade them to change their position, even within the range of theisms on offer. That is pretty much my definition of a closed mind.

DeletedUser

He was tried on the Sabbath, which was unlawful, they had no real evidence, and they also killed him, on the Double Sabbath.
C'mon you've got to laugh at this!
Like it would be okay otherwise to take an innocent and peaceful man who is also the son of your God and to arraign and nail him up. BUT NOT ON THE SABBATH for crying out loud. That's terrible!:laugh:

DeletedUser

Like it would be okay otherwise to take an innocent and peaceful man who is also the son of your God and to arraign and nail him up. BUT NOT ON THE SABBATH for crying out loud. That's terrible!:laugh:

Do you live nearby Jewish people? Well if you do have ever tried to see what the people who practice Judaism do on Saturday or the sabbath? Well, it's against they religion to do a lot of things considered work on that day including crucifying someone.

DeletedUser

It's true that some (mostly Communist) regimes have persecuted religion generally, although most religious persecution has historically been perpetrated in the name of (another) religion. Personally I am against all restraint on freedom of belief, whether religious or secular. In my own country and many others there is still legislation against complete freedom of non-religious expression, which can be punished under blasphemy laws. Thankfully, this is slowly changing and at least for the time being they are a dead letter

As for closed-mindedness, I have posted elsewhere the sort of evidence I would accept as sufficient evidence for me to accept the theist position, but I have never seen any theist in this forum acknowledge that any evidence would persuade them to change their position, even within the range of theisms on offer. That is pretty much my definition of a closed mind.
ah but i think your missing the point a willingness to change ones belief dosnt make them open minded it only shows a lack of conviction in said beliefs

it would take something rather drastic to change my beleifs but i would never try to eliiminate someone elses right to have or to share there differing beliefs

christans and other creationists for example never fight to remove evolotion techings from school they only fight to have there beliefs taught as a possiblilty as well

yet evolutionists actively fight to keep creationism from being taught as a possiblity

if you view it from an external perspective both are in essence unproveable yet widely beleived theories on how life was created on earth

in the case of christianity its even been around far longer then the theory of evolution

so why is one theory allowed to be taught and the other not ?

its the height of hypocracy

in the end its blind closed mindedness and a desire to silence opposing viewpoints that leads to this behaivor

centuires ago it was the religious groups taht saught to silence science now the science groups seek to silence religion

it was horrificaly wrong when the religous groups tried to silence science and its equaly wrong today for the scientific groups to repeat the same mistakes

DeletedUser

If it can't be proven i don't believe it, and I don't believe what can't be proven.
Glad I was reminded of that quote.
Let me once again point out that you believe in a god and heaven.

That's allright, believers are hypocrites.

That's uncool bro!
I mean, killing an innocent on the SABBATH?!
THE HUMANITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.