Shopping Passes

DeletedUser

in next update it will not be needed cause of market.
the market will allow you to trade and you can message founder/council for the item and they will buy it from the store and put it up for trade(with their +fee) and you can claim it. founder then can deposit fee in bank.
or
you will be able to look for them in market and pick a cheep on. rather than ori. price + fee.

DeletedUser

the market will allow you to trade and you can message founder/council for the item and they will buy it from the store and put it up for trade(with their +fee) and you can claim it. founder then can deposit fee in bank.
or
you will be able to look for them in market and pick a cheep on. rather than ori. price + fee.

I like the proposed idea better than the "market" simply due to the fact that a shop pass in the general store can be bought & used on my time rather waiting for a 3rd party to be online.

1000000000000000000% more so if the "market" is anything like the trader in the inventory now. You got a better chance of winning millions in the lotto than having the item you want showing up.

Deleted User - 1278415

or

I thought there was a sign on the market saying sorry doesn't work at this time, so dont complain.... or some regards. But that the headhunter Sheriff feature should probably make it in the next version.

Deleted User - 1278415

Wont know at this time... that is the beta world stuff... and kinda borderline spoilers. So we have to wait for 1.29 to find out if market and headhunting make it into the final version of 1.29 or get held up for 1.30 or never.

DeletedUser

I thought there was a sign on the market saying sorry doesn't work at this time, so dont complain.... or some regards. But that the headhunter Sheriff feature should probably make it in the next version.

it doesn't anymore. at the top now says "Markt"

^^^borderline spoiler:)
i think they have it figured out.

DeletedUser22575

Thats what I do, may be he dont do this and the "campers" go there and fill ther pockets, anyway i think i dont like shoppin passes thing because this would end debtors, embezzlementers, pettifoggers and smartasses. yeah, that'd be horrible for the town, but debtors, embezzlementers, pettifoggers and smartasses were a part of the west i believe.

Exactly.

There is nothing wrong with the present shopping system, other than some don't pay for the shopping, they can read your forums, and can build possible to sabotage your town to their towns advantage.

These are problems every town faces and there is already a solution to these problems.

Don't issue any shopping passes.

But everyone wants their cake (the shopping pass money) and to eat it also (no problems). So lets have something else added to the game so its a perfect little boring world. Meh.

You got problems from shoppers go cure them, its called a duel button. Its your town ...take responsibility for it by taking action to protect it instead of looking for a built in game system to do it for you.

DeletedUser26406

I know it's quite a bore having to leave your town and them join another town,shop, leave that town,wait 2-4-6-8 hours then rejoin your town.
On the other hand if you have a market you won't need to go shopping near as much and it isn't such a bother.

So my vote would relay depend on if there's market.

DeletedUser

Your not gong to stop people from getting the best gear. They know this thats why the only thing they could do was make it time consuming and annoying. the current set up doesn't really make it difficult to go shopping in a different town simply annoying.

In the long run the time restraints as well as the 400% outsiders shopping fee are 100% pointless because as I said b4 your not going to stop any one from getting the gear they want. They might as well just ditch the 400% and have every one pay the same amount everywhere regardless of what town if any they belong too. That would take the least coding & save every one some time , dervs too.

DeletedUser

I like this. It will stop people that enter a town under a shopping pass and never leave.

DeletedUser

Unless the person is bad at math and/or doesn't plan ahead, or they forget to take into account the cost of the pass, and it turns out they don't have enough cash for the item. I've never heard of anyone doing that with the current system, but more people would be buying passes than would use the donation system.

I'm not saying it should be longer, I'm just saying...people are stupid. ;)

OFF: You're just like House :laugh: "People are idiots" :laugh:
ON: I like your idea, it would be easier to buy those passes , than asking for invitations... and we shouldn't wait so many hours before entering a new town.
And, cmon..3 hours is more than you need to have a look on 3 shops...
5 stars from me ;)

Deleted User - 1278415

Thankfully I dont think this is necessary anymore.

Now with the town market and travelin trader you shouldn't have a true reason to leave town to goto another town for a shoppin pass.

DeletedUser24160

Not true
Many items are not for sale in the market!
This would give a good reason for a shopping pass!
Shopping passes will moderate the use of the market!!!

DeletedUser

Just wait until the merchant sales it or you see it in market, this thread is months old how come it never went to the voting stages ? oh well who cares, it's not really needed.

Deleted User - 1278415

the reason it never went to voting is because it was prior to my time. The staff was busy with different things then.

Also the idea may not have had proper support, or been well organized to make it to vote. If ideas are not updated or maintained then they are forgotten about or loose support.

With this idea I agree that about a year ago I wanted shopping passes, but now i think you have more choices... that honestly I dont even need to join a town to do my shopping at member prices through the merchant or traveler. Just be patient and if you cant then look around for towns... but I dont think the devs should waste their time kickin people from towns after shopping.

I just dont allow new shoppers in my town unless I know the shoppers.