Votes: 34 91.9%
  • removed

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

well in the west people shot down people in the streets even if they were workers it was considered fair if they were challanged and not shot in the back so what you all are trying to do is make it were builders cant be dueled becuase they are week, this is part of the game get over it it wont happen like that its just not fair to othere

DeletedUser

You've been reading too many romance novels. Those dime store books have not told an honest story of the west, but rather a fictional story of the west.

Simply put, although there were duels fought in the streets, no one in there right mind would stand to an opponent if he could shoot him in the back. Better still, shoot him where there were no witnesses. There is nothing in this game that even remotely represents justice or the truth of the west. We are unable to refuse a duel. If challenged, we have no choice but to fight, and in the dumbest way possible, facing our opponent.

Now, I understand that you want to just go around killing people, but how about this for the Sheriff, the Mayor appoints him, the Sheriff can appoint deputies (Number dependent on the population). If an outsider calls the worker (not adventurer) out to a duel, there is a chance that law enforcement will step in and break up the fight, putting the offender in jail (most of the time), and sometimes the worker. If the challenge was to an adventurer, after the duel, the sheriff might for a possie and chase done the person who attacked his adventurer.

One must never forget that justice did actually exist in the West of the 1880's. It was even romanticized by radio and television dramas in the 1950's and 1960's.

DeletedUser

Good Idea, but Impractical!

th_AAAP.gif

DeletedUser

Who said there was? It's a game, not a history textbook.
When someone tries to sight history for their reason for inaction, then I must state the fact of history. This is a game, my point was in response to someone who made the repeated claims that there was no form of justice in the Western territories.

I personally think that this idea might be a bit of a challenge for the programmers to accomplish, since they didn't consider it at development in the beginning.

DeletedUser

maybe have the sheriff a town member that is a dueler only and he is elected that position , any one that comes into town and duels players that sheriff will step in for that player and take on the duelist but get more level on his side.

DeletedUser20569

New angle on the sheriff job.

Sheriff is named by town founder. He/She gets a +25% bonus to appearance in duels. (tin star)

Anytime a player challenges a town member worker or adventurer (duelers and soldiers are on their own) to a duel there is a 50% chance that the sheriff will duel them instead.

When the sheriff wins the duel the challenger is put in jail for 2 hours. Jail is simply a 2 hour job with no exp, $$ or luck and the cancel button is shaded out.

When the challenger beats the sheriff he/she is unable to stop any duels for 6 hours and the workers and adventurers can be safely attacked.

note: Players can attack the sheriff normally and the same outcomes go into effect, while if the sheriff initiates the duel it has no effect.

Also there could be an option players could choose like a check-box whether they want to be protected or not. Some ninja worker/adventurer builds like to be dueled and beat unwary dueling classes without using any energy.

Great post, only thing I would add is that a Sheriff miay be able to go to his own town saloon to duel people camping in his town instead of leaving town.

DeletedUser

one problem is dueling level..

depending on dueling level there are people you can't touch because they're too low...

would that hurt the ability of that 'position' from doing its job? probably? then you'd have to assign deputies that are lower than you to 'get' the bad guys if they're of a lesser level..

that could get to be a pain to administer

DeletedUser14029

really, perhaps the appointed person will have an 'avatar' (YES, idea came from the movie). he cannot control his avatar, 'cept put on clothes (only one piece per body part is needed because dressing up his/her avatar is like setting his dueling set, thereby only need one piece for himself and avatar), and his avatar will fully recharge hp within 8 hours after K.O. (like a 5* hotel effect), HP is continuously recharged if not K.O.ed, of course. Then implementing previous ideas, each time someone dueled a town it has a certain chance, that increases overtime for continuous farming in a set period of time of meeting this 'Sheriff-Avatar'

how's that o_O

DeletedUser

A sheriff would be cool. I would think more along the lines of:
- The sheriff and/or town member decides whether or not the town member is protected by the sheriff.
- If the sheriff is able to duel, he will take the place of anyone who is protected by him.
- If the sheriff is sleeping, he can't protect anyone.
- If the sheriff has less than 50% health, he can't protect anyone (so the sheriff won't go constantly KO).
- The sheriff gets possibly: +% health recovery, +dueling skills
- big towns could have multiple sheriffs. But they can't protect each other.

DeletedUser

Since the OP is obviously no longer around, this thread is kinda not gonna work...

DeletedUser

Robbos, I agree with that just a bit. Maybe something like having to stay for a certain amount of time, otherwise you loose points and money for abandoning you r town. I do not know but something like that...

That's like evony where when you quit your alliance, you lose prestige. Although prestige doesn't help you in battles. It just makes you look strong sometimes.

What about this idea. There is a sheriff quest and a bandit quest. In the sheriff quest, there would be several parts. Once you complete so many parts, you can be sheriff of towns with a certain population or you get certain advantages. But then once you complete all parts of the "Sheriff Quest" you get all sheriff advantages and can become sheriff of any town that will hire you. The bandit has to complete the bandit quest, bandits that do certain parts of the quests like the sheriff get certain advantages, but unlike the sheriff, a bandit can attempt to rob any town, but bandits have to complete the bandit quest to receive full benefits.

Another idea for the sheriffs would be having a deputy quest. Completing the deputy quest would qualify you to be deputy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am totally against any suggestions that will allow us to steal money from our enemy's town treasury. Once money is banked it is there for good.

DeletedUser14029

agreed. Stealing from town treasury is pushing too far, too far . . .

though Sheriff's existence is perhaps to help ward off 'farmers'. Kinda discouraging to play The West when this guy visit you every 48 hours or so, reap your exp, knock you out then go after the other guy (I am NOT suggesting no-duel class or anything like that, just a measure to help ease the pain) >.<

DeletedUser

A sheriff would be cool. I would think more along the lines of:
- The sheriff and/or town member decides whether or not the town member is protected by the sheriff.
- If the sheriff is able to duel, he will take the place of anyone who is protected by him.
- If the sheriff is sleeping, he can't protect anyone.
- If the sheriff has less than 50% health, he can't protect anyone (so the sheriff won't go constantly KO).
- The sheriff gets possibly: +% health recovery, +dueling skills
- big towns could have multiple sheriffs. But they can't protect each other.

I fancy your idea and would really like to see it posted in another thread. I mean in one post you have managed to summarize a very plausible suggestion. The sheriff could be appointed in the Mortician, just to make it simple and easy to add to the game. As for Multiple sheriffs, maybe the Mortician can be build to lvl 2 allowing every town to have up to 2 sheriffs. But the level upgrade should be extremely expensive.

To be a better challenge I'd actually say the Mortician could have 3 levels. 1st level for dueling, 2nd level for first sheriff, 3rd level for second sheriff. An expensive addition to your town and also a boost to probably the best dueler.

DeletedUser

I fancy your idea and would really like to see it posted in another thread. I mean in one post you have managed to summarize a very plausible suggestion.

I'm not allowed to make a new thread because it's in the "previously suggested ideas"-list :unsure:

DeletedUser

You can make one. The dude who digs 11 things and the monkey guy won't care. Back in September, I had an idea for a farm. It was on the previously suggested list, but I made a new thread anyway, since it was only similar in name only. Now that idea has received much approval from the community. It's not worth adding new suggestions or anything to a dead thread, so you're better off starting a brand new one, which you can control since you'd be the OP.

Diggo11

You can make a new thread should your idea be vastly different or the OP is inactive, so long as it conforms to the Guidelines for Posting. You can always PM me if you are unsure ;)

DeletedUser15169

I vote yes for the sheriff. Well tought idea and a good one. Hopfully we can do somthing with it

Status
Not open for further replies.