Script Several GM scripts

DeletedUser

I've installed the scripts giving the full screen function and the buttons for the buildings in the town. The town that I'm in has a Fort so there's also a Fort button alongside the newly installed building buttons. I now find that when the Fort button is clicked the pop-up giving details of the fort slips behind the side buttons and so can't be accessed.
(Hope you can follow that) :unsure:
Excellent scripts though, especially the full screen one.

URL%5D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, we know about the bug, it will be fixed after comeback from holiday :)

DeletedUser

edit: I also noticed that the icons you made are a bit darker than the other icons. I don't know what causes this, but I am able to fix it for you, if you are interested. It would be nice to give something back, since you have helped me out!

edit2: I tested your duel exporter, it's pretty sweet. Took me some time to figure out how to use it though! I hope you are ok with that I put the duel exporter into my Greasemonkey script, it should generate some traffic for your page. Best regards.

DeletedUser

Yes, we know about the bug, it will be fixed after comeback from holiday :)
I made a small addition for this myself. The following places the popup to the right of the buttons and just inside the map view (to be added below the list of calls to 'addGlobalStyle' in 'The West Fullscreen skin' script.
Code:
addGlobalStyle('#scroll_to_fort_list { margin-left: 125px; margin-top: 135px;}');

DeletedUser

How does a "non geek" type like myself go about making changes to the full screen view that I originally added to the standard layout of "The West" ?

DeletedUser

How does a "non geek" type like myself go about making changes to the full screen view that I originally added to the standard layout of "The West" ?
I don't really think I follow you. If you've made changes before, why couldn't you do so again now, going the exact same way (editing the relevant GreaseMonkey script)?

DeletedUser

All I've done before is imported the script from the site, I haven't done any editing of an existing script.

DeletedUser

All I've done before is imported the script from the site, I haven't done any editing of an existing script.
Oh ok...

Well, to edit an installed script you simply take the following steps:
- Right-click the monkey icon (bottom right of the Firefox window)
- Choose "Manage User Scripts..."
- Select the script you want to edit (in the left column)
- Press the "Edit" button (here you might be asked to choose a text editor, you could go for notepad.exe - use windows search to find it, then browse to it)
- Make the changes, save the file, reload the page to see the changes, rinse repeat.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the 'step by step' instructions ArmEagle - them's the sort of instructions I need :D

Now having done as you said and hopefully having put the line in the right place I find that the fort button has been removed from its original position but I can't find it located anywhere else?!? :blink:

Am I looking in all the wrong places?

DeletedUser

Your duel exporter is down buddy, what's up? :)

I don't know why it didn't work. It works now.
The site is hosted on a cretenious server, I'll change hosting soon.

edit: I also noticed that the icons you made are a bit darker than the other icons. I don't know what causes this, but I am able to fix it for you, if you are interested. It would be nice to give something back, since you have helped me out!
I'll maybe sometimes fix it, but now I've too much more important things to do. :(

edit2: I tested your duel exporter, it's pretty sweet. Took me some time to figure out how to use it though!
Sorry, I'm not sure I understood what you want from me (sorry, my English :unsure:). Do you want to I expane you how the publisher works? Or what?

I hope you are ok with that I put the duel exporter into my Greasemonkey script, it should generate some traffic for your page. Best regards.
Yes, of course, thank you.

I made a small addition for this myself. The following places the popup to the right of the buttons and just inside the map view (to be added below the list of calls to 'addGlobalStyle' in 'The West Fullscreen skin' script.
Code:
addGlobalStyle('#scroll_to_fort_list { margin-left: 125px; margin-top: 135px;}');
I was on holiday, I'll fix it (if it isn't already fixed by my friend).

DeletedUser

I don't know why it didn't work. It works now.
The site is hosted on a cretenious server, I'll change hosting soon.

it stopped working for me yesterday or the day before and it's still not working!

Sorry, I'm not sure I understood what you want from me (sorry, my English :unsure:). Do you want to I expane you how the publisher works? Or what?

What I meant is that perhaps you should add to this forum how to use it. This is what I wrote:

How to use the EXPORT DUEL BUTTON:

1. Open your duel report ingame and switch to FLASH view.
2. Close ALL other popup windows (also close the Reports window behind the duel window).
3. Press the Export duel button.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the 'step by step' instructions ArmEagle - them's the sort of instructions I need :D

Now having done as you said and hopefully having put the line in the right place I find that the fort button has been removed from its original position but I can't find it located anywhere else?!? :blink:

Am I looking in all the wrong places?

IGNORE this lot, I found what I'd done wrong and it's working just fine now!! :)

Once again thanks for the simple instructions!

DeletedUser

Very nice!

Only complaint: When a town has multiple forts and you click the fort icon it tries to display the list of fort names. When I run it on fullscreen it displays the fort names in a bad location (behind the toolbar to the left) and I can't use that button to view my forts. It would be nice to still use the fort button.

Ultimate dream-like fantasy (too good to be true) wish for a script: I wish there was a script that would allow you on the map to see a number next to the town telling you how many people in that town are in range and awake for you to duel (thus eliminating having to click through all those town screens to find a town in which to duel someone).

DeletedUser

'Go to Town' Button

Would any of clever types be able to incorporate a 'Go to Town' button thus by-passing the need to go to your town then click on the sign post?

DeletedUser

Very nice!

Only complaint: When a town has multiple forts and you click the fort icon it tries to display the list of fort names. When I run it on fullscreen it displays the fort names in a bad location (behind the toolbar to the left) and I can't use that button to view my forts. It would be nice to still use the fort button.
Check an earlier post of mine: http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=296038&postcount=44
Or be patient enough for the script developer to update it himself.
Ultimate dream-like fantasy (too good to be true) wish for a script: I wish there was a script that would allow you on the map to see a number next to the town telling you how many people in that town are in range and awake for you to duel (thus eliminating having to click through all those town screens to find a town in which to duel someone).
I'm not sure whether there are any limitations to what is allowed with these scripts. In another browser game it was pretty simple: UI changes are fine, automation of multiple steps/automatically pulling pages is not. I think your suggestion would fall under the latter. The script would have to pull up some pages by itself, parse it and show some info, all automatically.

And anyway, death to duelers! :)