server crash after fort battles

fergusferret

can someone please sort out the issues with colorado crashing after every fort fight .. things are now starting to get worse with a crash 3 times in as many minutes. the last crash making it impossible to do anything at all, including refresh.

Wondertje

The crash made it impossible to refresh? Sounds more like your browser/computer crashed then, rather than the game itself. The game might of course be responsible for crashing out your browser if it caused something like a memory leak or something.

Abydos1

Server Crash after Fort Fights

can someone please sort out the issues with colorado crashing after every fort fight .. things are now starting to get worse with a crash 3 times in as many minutes. the last crash making it impossible to do anything at all, including refresh.
I can concur with the ferret here but I'm not sure if it only happens in Colorado...nevertheless it should be looked into. The browser was not an issue here since we all got booted from the world for a few minutes. Also of note it is really difficult to connect to the server at the beginning of the fort fights as well. Good luck finding the solution.

Pnevma

Is this only on Colorado or do you experience this on other worlds too?
While Colorado was lagging, Arizona was working fine. I don't know whether a(n almost) full large FF in AZ crashes AZ's server...

The crash made it impossible to refresh? Sounds more like your browser/computer crashed then, rather than the game itself. The game might of course be responsible for crashing out your browser if it caused something like a memory leak or something.
I think he means that, after the crash, the game wouldn't load after refreshing the page (for a few minutes). At least that's what happened to me...

fergusferret

yes I usually say what i mean and yes the server crash was on the game end not my end. my computers can handle 3 fort fights at once usually and w11 was working fine with no glitches into the fort fight at the start nor at the end when the battle report is shown.

this last battle on the monday was a bad one as lots had issues with access at the start and then not a single member managed to do anything other than close windows or move them.. messages were unable to be sent and then the whole lot just died and kicked all fort fighters out, regardless of computer power.

I tried to log in a number of times after being booted and the server was having none of it despite showing as online.

Last edited:

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
How long does this generally last? A few minutes or even a few hours?

Last edited:

fergusferret

How long does this generally last? A few minutes or even a few hours?
this problem is relevant to the numbers in the battle .. thus a high number of players online will cause the fort fight to not load for up to the allotted 3 minutes before the shooting phase starts and after the battle the timing was up to 6 minutes on the monday with 3 crashes and no access for me at least. the usual state is about 3 minutes at the end, regardless of the players online.

in w11 there are no such problems in fort fights. the map comes up and the positions are there within 30 seconds and at the end the graveyard comes up and no glitches, crashes or anything else.

Abydos1

Server freeze/crash after FF battle

this problem is relevant to the numbers in the battle .. thus a high number of players online will cause the fort fight to not load for up to the allotted 3 minutes before the shooting phase starts and after the battle the timing was up to 6 minutes on the monday with 3 crashes and no access for me at least. the usual state is about 3 minutes at the end, regardless of the players online.

in w11 there are no such problems in fort fights. the map comes up and the positions are there within 30 seconds and at the end the graveyard comes up and no glitches, crashes or anything else.
Yep the ferret is right, it froze or crashed even when I was not signed up for the latest FF battle.

Dr4ke

Fairbanks lagged on some fights too in the last few weeks but in the last days that I have attended fights everything was fine.