Separate Dueling World

gunner86

Proposal
I am proposing a separate dueling world which will be for dueling. It will involve quests / jobs / crafting and duel battles.

Current Workaround
At the moment we have :
1. World is more fort battle oriented than dueling.
2. We have high %age of luck factor in dueling.
3. Have to catch each player individually instead of dueling all town players at same place (like town saloon).
4. Duelers (does not mean dueler class players) have less to do in fort battles.
5. Duel motivation changes recently and duel level caps.
6. Players can stay townless and do jobs / quests etc.

Details
1. A separate world for dueling. No fort battles will be held here. Tho players will be free to do jobs, quests, crafting & dueling. Following changes i am proposing are only for dueling world and not for regular worlds.
2. Bringing back old dueling formulas only for this world. It involve bringing tactics / appearance builds and old resist builds formulas. Less stress on luck factor will be help in encouraging dueling a lot.
3. Earlier we used to challenge players at their town saloon. I propose to bring this feature back for dueling world. It will encourage duelers to raid enemy towns. by visiting one place rather than moving all over the places.
4. On the top i said there will be duel battles. For dueling world i want to propose dueling battles where battles will take place between duelers of different towns / alliances by dueling. It will not be like current battles. Players on opposite sides will duel each other and team with most wins will win the fort. In these battles, a player will be give a specific rank, lets say "commander" who will set offliners duels. There will be no towers or flag in the fort like in regular forts. Like in regular fort battles, you cant use buffs once these dueling battles will start.
5. I suggest to do away with duel motivation and duel levels. In dueling world, players will duel on basis of their experience levels so all will be equal.
6. There will be a cap of level 25 after which a player has to join some town or make his / her own town. Since this is a dueling world every player need to join town and part of fun. If any player decides not to join town he/she will be transferred to robot towns until they decide to join some other town. In real west every person is under risk :laugh:

Abuse Prevention
I dont see any loophole or abuse here.

Visual Aids
This will involve some changes in current fort maps and i leave it to developers as they think ok.

Summary
Changes in dueling system over the years has reduced players interest and many players quit. Dueling is essential feature of west but it is more like battles now. There were many features which were changed after non duelers complained of abuse by duelers like constant dueling. But with a dueling world players interested in dueling we will not see anyone complain if we bring these features back. It will attract more players who are interested in dueling and want some team play with fort battles through dueling.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Damned good ideas there - particularly like the ride into town mob handed and fight a team...

Good luck with it

Billy the Biscuit

Pankreas PorFavor

As a one time event (like we had with speed world), I say yes.
But if we're talking about moving duelers from other worlds to this newly opened world permanently, I say no.

DeletedUser

sounds good. Maybe add the alliance vs alliance battles should be like Rush to Tombstone adventure.. only on a larger scale, and with the dueling mechanics implemented in the world :)

DeletedUser25802

because we'd all be duellers on this world i suggest the towns be fully built automatically, no wasting time on building :)

also a non skill buying world! no cheating by pumping up your SP! :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29238

like the idea

edit: thanks for bullets :)

DeletedUser36085

totally like this idea (W1 should be made a duel world since all forts are held by DOGS anyways and to make it active again)

DeletedUser

Would you keep dueling on the rest of the worlds? Would this be a premium world, in which a person can add extra points via nuggets? My finally question is would there be more bonds for the amount of duels that an individual completes during the day? (You duel 10 times a day then you would get 10 bonds, just an example).

gunner86

Would you keep dueling on the rest of the worlds?

Dueling in old / regular worlds will stay like it is now. My proposal is for a new world. However i am open to make one existing world (which is dead in terms of battles) as dueling world.

Would this be a premium world, in which a person can add extra points via nuggets?

My preference is dueling world should be a classic premium world, where players cant buy skills using nuggets. But to be honest i can only state my preference here, it is up to developers to agree or reject the idea or agree to what they feel is feasible.

My finally question is would there be more bonds for the amount of duels that an individual completes during the day? (You duel 10 times a day then you would get 10 bonds, just an example).

I suggested duel battles in place of fort battles. I expect players to get same amount of bonds / exp from duel battles we currently get from fort battles. With bonds from duel battles i dont think players will get less bonds. Players KOing other players in duel battles will win more bonds than other players.

DeletedUser29835

I do like the sound of this idea.
I also think it should be a no buying skills world.
Not sure what i think about bringing back the old duelling way, kind of like it and kind of dont.
Not sure if it will in the long run make duellers leave the other worlds.
I can allready hear the complainers saying,"if you want to duel go join that world and leave me alone:"
But i deffenetly like the idea!

DeletedUser36979

Nice idea.

But not sure it a good way to go, since if this is made for those that love duels, then a pacifist world should be made for those that hate duels, where dueling is 100% NPC-dueling or quests reworked so duels aren't needed for them... :blink:

But the duel-battle idea could be implementet as an event, or maybe a tournament to see who is currently the best, could be part of the fair, so it comes regulary.

DeletedUser35533

1.every player type thinks their style is neglected, fort fighters are saying adventures have killed fort fighting ,etc.
2.have not dueled in a long time but does not seem like there is much luck involved + without some of it people would just pick one build and 1 set.
3.what? why? you can't even duel more then 4 (8?) people with 1 energy bar.
4. what? they are the ones with all the critical hits that can take away tons of hp
5.whats wrong with it?
6.yes , you like dueling and they don't + without townlessness we would have tons of abandoned characters getting dueled for months. townless players pay a penalty by having slower regeneration and bigger banking fees,+ hotel fees unless they are an adventurer

Details
3. was that 4 years ago?
6.how would people changed towns?

it will never happen, devs have their eyes in another direction but if it comes up for a vote I will vote no.

gunner86

1.every player type thinks their style is neglected, fort fighters are saying adventures have killed fort fighting ,etc.

I am a pure hp fort fighter in 3 worlds, w1, 11 and colorado and like fort battles. But i also miss dueling and town raids we used to do with fellow townies and friends. Dueling is one of important feature of west which is on decline now.

2.have not dueled in a long time but does not seem like there is much luck involved + without some of it people would just pick one build and 1 set.

I did my share of dueling before and after dueling changes and any other player who did can tell you the difference. Now it is more about aim / dodge which is luck. Earlier it used to be about different builds with range of gear choice.

3.what? why? you can't even duel more then 4 (8?) people with 1 energy bar.

As i said before, players used to do town raids. They used to visit enemy towns with their friends and duel them till they ko them or get koed themself. Dueling at town saloon used to give a advantage of dueling all enemy town players at one place. With rule changes, duelers have to catch each player at map where they are. This rule resulted in reducing interest of duelers from this aspect of the game.

4. what? they are the ones with all the critical hits that can take away tons of hp

By duelers i meant players who are skilled for dueling and not dueler class players. With less hp and nothing in leadership they offer little in battles. But in duel battles forts will be won on basis of number of wins and not on basis of players left alive at end of battle which will keep players motivated to stay as duelers and discourage them to tank up for fear of losing duels but staying alive in battles.

5.whats wrong with it?

Duel level or motivation is needed in regular worlds to make sure duelers dont abuse dueling by dueling same players constantly. So by raising their duel levels non duelers they cant duel same players over and over again (tho i agree zero mot duelers succeeded to abuse this too). I am talking about a world which will be dedicated for dueling. Players will join for dueling and will be ready of getting dueled. I dont think there will be need for duel motivation or duel level in such a world. Players will be available to duel if they are within exp level like a 100 level player can duel 80-120 or so like it is now.

6.yes , you like dueling and they don't + without townlessness we would have tons of abandoned characters getting dueled for months. townless players pay a penalty by having slower regeneration and bigger banking fees,+ hotel fees unless they are an adventurer

Why cant we have some real west experience? in old west anyone can be dueled. As for abandoned characters i dont think players will keep dueling them over and over again.

6.how would people changed towns?

If a player leave town he / she will join robot town. If he / she gets town invite he she will be able to join straight from there or able to construct his / her own town.

it will never happen, devs have their eyes in another direction but if it comes up for a vote I will vote no.

I agree that it might never happen, but worth trying. Would be better if you make your mind after some discussion then straight no.

PS. talked with few players and they said inno will never implement it as there will be less cash in comparison to regular worlds. I feel if any enemy town has 20-25 duel target players on town raid will use premium energy, character premium and shop buffs for energy, hp and damage in more quantities. We are not talking about just one or 2 dueling towns here we are talking about one world dedicated to dueling.

DeletedUser33342

I am wondering how many players you would get in. If you know you're a decent dueller, not high class, than you also know your ass would be kicked if there was a world like that, where in the worlds from today i can win plenty of duels. so i won't join. And can you explain where the difference is exactly between your world and the current ones?
I know this world will be boring as hell :) less targets, more ass kicking and more frustrations.

DeletedUser

Gunner thanks for answering my questions. However, I see no point in adding a world just for a dueler's to duel. I am a dueler on Az and have about 135 W's, with this new dueling system if I get ko'ed due to me being a njub (not having enough hp) I can wait 24 hours to duel again. However, during that time period I fort fight. I also quest. How would you use that time in this world?

DeletedUser36559

You could end up having every single player doing jobs,quests and crafting rather than dueling. Duelers blame Fort Fighters for killing dueling, Fort fighters blame adventurers. Sure old formulas had less luck factors but with everything having either Cullen or Doolins with roughly the same builds what do you expect luck wise. If you could challenge players at their town saloon some players will get KO'ed every 24/72 hours non-stop especially if they are not a good dueler. Duel battles sound very similar to adventurers unless you had something else in mind. If someone prefers to be Townless I don't see why we should force them to join one.

foscock

Banned
It seems like a lot are missing the point, This world would attract people whose main focus is dueling.

Duelers don't spend much time doing jobs, quests, etc.

Duelers would be the last ones to intentionally stay on ko.

Duelers would not go townless, what is the point of that?

If your preference is to be a ko'd, townless quester then you wouldn't join this world, so there's no reason to cater for that.

If you are just an average dueler that hits easy targets you probably wouldn't join either.

The battles wouldn't have to be "just like adventures", although perhaps the Adventure engine could be used. I would expect the duels during battles would be much the same as duels are now - you both take your 8 shots and move on to the next duel. Add some graphic representation of the teams and their hp. Maybe shorten the length of time to duel to 5 minutes or less.

I would suggest shortening the ko time to maybe 8 hours also.

HelenBack

I like it... :)

I would love to go back a few years in The West... Bring back the town raids in the Saloon... Take away the Hotel Cooldown... and take away the PANTS! :D

Oh and no skill buying... Let's go old school. :)

I think a lot of the old world duelers who left when they didn't like the updates may even return if there was a dueling world.

DeletedUser33342

I can't see what this would add to the game, No vote from me.