Rejected Sell items you get from chest back for half the bond/nugget value of the chest

• Thread starter DeletedUser30224
  • Start date

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 131 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30224

I hear you, but one third voted no, so not sure we can pull any strings here. I'll ask if we can lower the pass mark by 10%. Someone else was already asking me to look into it.

DeletedUser

I hear you, but one third voted no, so not sure we can pull any strings here. I'll ask if we can lower the pass mark by 10%. Someone else was already asking me to look into it.

The poll is not closed, put a link to this in your towns on the worlds and encourage them to vote YES.

DeletedUser35520

first, the vote to adjust the content of the premium chests overwhelmingly passed with close to the same number of people voting, so clearly the concept is the problem here, not the voting. We can almost all agree that premium chests need to be fixed. I want them to be reworked, but lowering the percentage needed seems to be an insult to every other idea that didn't and was not given that possible same opportunity. Why have a vote if the outcome can be manipulated? Why not just ban those who vote no so you can get every idea you like passed? That is an extreme example, but let's not pretend this is a democratic process (as mentioned before) if we are not going to stand by the results, which are clearly stated before all votes, "If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives". I still say the idea needs to be reworked, thought out, and resubmitted as a new idea for vote, but I also don't think we need a vote every other week regarding premium chests. Content, now a refund, is price next, or the option to just pick what you want? Content passed, they are possibly going to allow DOI and Tong to be auctionable, let's give them some time to do those things and while they are come up with better ideas that will pass on their own.

On a side note, why on almost every single vote does someone say that the people who vote NO never speak up, when the clear answer is because then they get attacked by a mob mentality and in this case are told who cares about your vote, we will try to lower the percentage. Just as to me these are discussions, where as many take them as arguments. Disagree with anything I say that's fine, we are all entitled to our opinions, but just because someone votes against you doesn't make them uninformed or going with the popular vote, which in this case would actually be in favor of the idea. Allow an extension, get people in your towns to vote since the deadline is not even up, all of that is fine, but don't deter people from voting and speaking up on future polls just because they do not agree with you.

Also i want to add that would i love a refund on bad premium chests, of course, but if i get calamity jane's belt (as i have 3 times before) out of it and you give me 750 nugs refunded, i am not buying another. Instead I will extend premium services, buy energy, etc... So although Inno may still be getting money, as a business I'm sure their stance is that some will buy the chest as is (with no refund in the current system) and still buy those services which would require the purchase of more nuggets, meaning they make more money. Would refunds mean more players spend in the long term, maybe, but when you use the word refund to a business they only think about what they have now and what they are loosing/giving up in potential revenue. As I mentioned in a past post, change the refund to the ability to toss the item back for another for an additional amount of bonds or nuggets or make it where if you don't like your chest item maybe another random trade item appears that you can exchange for it once you open, so if you got a gold buffalo necklace but could trade it for crooks pants. Sure, not great, but its better, etc... there are ways around the refund that can make players a little happier, maybe not as much, but they are more likely to get some form of approval with developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34767

Bad idea, and would set a bad precedence.

I do find it funny that the 5 or so people promoting the idea on this thread just assume the 30 or so people who voted no, are uneducated or don't understand the idea. You could just as well argue the other 55 or so people who voted yes, just vote for everything or follow the leader and don't know what they are voting for.

Point is, there are rules for a reason.

p.s. I didn't vote on this one either way as I don't have a strong feeling on this one and I'm not going to skew the vote one way or the other just to vote. I also don't think this has any chance of being implemented even if it does pass.

DeletedUser30224

I was talking about a rule change not for this thread but in general. I care less for this particular proposal as I never ever buy premium chests or in fact any chests. The problem is with how easy it is to highjack a proposal. It is rarely the case that we have more than 100 votes for a proposal, and if only 20 of those vote against it, that's it, it fails. Do you consider that fair? We have 80% rule to prevent flooding developers with ideas. If we send 5 ideas per month instead of 15, we have a much better chance that at least some of those ideas will be looked into and implemented (my theory only). Normally the majority of the votes should win, but that will not work for the above reason. That is why I was thinking about lowering the value by 5-10%. Nothing definitive yet of course and if it will be implemented, then only to new ideas.

I'll keep you informed of course.

DeletedUser34767

I'm fine with whatever percentage the forum mods and developers can agree on as long as it is the same for all ideas.

One of the posters ahead of your posts talked about passing it on anyway even if it did not meet the 80% threshold, so I misunderstood your comment as being to lower the % on just this item.

I agree with you, that the threshold needs to be somewhat high, or else a flood of ideas will lead to them being ignored due to too high of a volume.

The biggest problem with the voting is that on any specific vote, the number of players voting on an idea is very very small compared to the number of people playing the game and you cannot be sure that the people voting are a fair representation of the general population. That is why reading not only the vote thread, but the entire discussion thread is very important.

Deleted User - 1693871

I was one of the ones who voted No, and Rick has pretty much stated the line of reasoning. If some sort of "Do you want to keep this item or swap it for another random one" button was proposed instead, that would have more chance of passing as it keeps the players happier (until they get something worse when they swap lol).

Also, it is not as if this vote has failed by a narrow margin of maybe 1%. It is currently failing by a much larger margin than many others that get rejected. Why should a change to voting rules be considered simply to try and get this idea through to developers? Better surely to amend it to something that Inno would be more likely to consider, and try again.

DeletedUser

Buying a chest of any sort carries a risk that you will be getting something that YOU don't need. The game has a solution for getting rid of the items YOU don't need but that may be needed by others....it is the Market. The biggest group of individual to will benefit from this proposal would be the nugget buyers while the non-nugget buyers will lose ultimately lose the opportunity to purchase (even at outrageous) prices those items not needed by those who originally received them.

DeletedUser19518

Paylyn, it is sure that market is the way that non premiums like me can buy everything they need. Market will continue to work as it works. Beliveme, 95% would like to sell for millions or trade Howdah for Innobelt but 95% wont buy Golden Buffalo.

DeletedUser19518

This poll will close on 17.01.14 at 22:22 so dont forget to vote this proposal! Glad to see that we are close to 100 Yes! If this proposal get over 3/4 as positive than we have to think if 1/4 or 1,01/5 can control what 3/4 or 3,99/5 would like to happened.

DeletedUser34767

This poll will close on 17.01.14 at 22:22 so dont forget to vote this proposal! Glad to see that we are close to 100 Yes! If this proposal get over 3/4 as positive than we have to think if 1/4 or 1,01/5 can control what 3/4 or 3,99/5 would like to happened.

With the 35 No votes already out there you are going to need 140 Yes votes for this to pass ( 80% ) and 105 Yes votes to hit 75%, for whatever that number is worth.

All provided no one else votes No in the meantime.

Good Luck. :)

Ripwise

I have just voted yes! I think there should be this option now when there is so many "bad" items in the chests!

DeletedUser19518

Thanks to everyone who voted and to them who will vote. This process need to update and all of we would like to see more mate take part in this Voting process. Loading.. to Yes!

gunner86

voted yes

as a non premium player, i was saving bonds for tombola event but with no option to use bonds in christmas tombola, steel chest / premium chest are only options to use bonds for me

DeletedUser19518

My feelings is that Until the end of this Voting process all and more mates are gonna vote. So YES will go over 100..

DeletedUser19518

With the 35 No votes already out there you are going to need 140 Yes votes for this to pass ( 80% ) and 105 Yes votes to hit 75%, for whatever that number is worth.

All provided no one else votes No in the meantime.

Good Luck. :)

Ofc I am waiting to see you voting here or at least to use the right of vote. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.