Submitted Seeing more player information on battle map

Should more information be shown prior to fort battle start?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This is a pretty simple idea that might belong in the Minor Ideas Thread. But, I put it here, because I wasn't sure. I would think this would be an easy thing to implement.

Proposal

Include player level, rank, and character class in the mouse over box in the fort battle map. This would help people know what players are and are not going to make it into a battle.

Current Workaround
Right now in order to figure out if a spot on the map is occupied by someone who will be in the battle, you need to find the person on the map, then go to the recruiting page to find out if they are ranked. If you are not an officer with access to the recruiting page, you have to jump through quite a few more hoops.

Details
This is a pretty simple idea, really. We already have a box the pops up with the list of players at a location. All we need to do is add the players level, character class, and rank.

Abuse Prevention
No abuse issues that I can think of.

Visual Aids
Current mouse over box:
playerlocationcurrent.jpg

Proposed mouse over box:
playerlocationnew.jpg

Summary
In battles where there are more players than can fit into the battle, it is difficult to know what spots are filled with players that won't end up making it into battle. The end result is that there are often gaps where someone would have started if they had an easier way of knowing who was ranked in the battle. Providing this information makes it easier for people to get organized before a battle and have everyone line up in the desired location.

DeletedUser

Player level - no, what's that for? Instead of that maybe you should put health. ;)
Class definetly yes but would be nifty to see equipped fort weapon.

All in all, we need it, level, HP, weapon... If it's too complicated then doesn't really matter, but class is essential.

So yes and 5 stars from me. :)

DeletedUser22575

This is a pretty simple idea that might belong in the Minor Ideas Thread. But, I put it here, because I wasn't sure. I would think this would be an easy thing to implement.

Proposal

Include player level, rank, and character class in the mouse over box in the fort battle map. This would help people know what players are and are not going to make it into a battle.

Current Workaround
Right now in order to figure out if a spot on the map is occupied by someone who will be in the battle, you need to find the person on the map, then go to the recruiting page to find out if they are ranked. If you are not an officer with access to the recruiting page, you have to jump through quite a few more hoops.

Details
This is a pretty simple idea, really. We already have a box the pops up with the list of players at a location. All we need to do is add the players level, character class, and rank.

Abuse Prevention
No abuse issues that I can think of.

Visual Aids
Current mouse over box:
playerlocationcurrent.jpg

Proposed mouse over box:
playerlocationnew.jpg

Summary
In battles where there are more players than can fit into the battle, it is difficult to know what spots are filled with players that won't end up making it into battle. The end result is that there are often gaps where someone would have started if they had an easier way of knowing who was ranked in the battle. Providing this information makes it easier for people to get organized before a battle and have everyone line up in the desired location.

good idea. would have my vote.

Deleted User - 1278415

yep very nice idea. Let me know when you think its ready for a vote.

DeletedUser

Good Feather, I'm not sure there's a lot to really discuss about the idea. I guess there could be some discussion on what items to include in the pop up box. I chose level, character class, and rank because I thought they would be the most use and accessible. This information is on the recruiting page and is displayed in the who is online in battle chat section.

Displaying things like HP and fort weapon could be useful, I imagine this might be more difficult to get, and there really just isn't room for this in the box. The purpose of this proposal is less about who to rank, and more about getting people more information so they can position themselves better pre-battle.

I imagine it could be voted on pretty quickly.

Deleted User - 1278415

Then we need people discussing exactly what information is needed

I like to be able to see class level and rank.

HP would be bonus... but that might cause privacy.. like spies who arent marked as traitors would be able to see how much health they have and duel them while they have stepped away from the gate to do a job near the gate.

As for weapon.... granted this would be nice but doesnt really bother me since players can change their weapons prior to the battle.

Online/offline - might be nice somehow... like using the existing black text for offline, and green bold text for online. That way your not cluttering up the interface.

DeletedUser9470

its great as it is. havent seen anyone against so far. lets just do simple smon says and then we can debate complicated stuff next year.

DeletedUser

I think the character class, level, and rank are really the most important things. All the other bits of information you really need to worry about privacy issues. People might not want others knowing their HP, and certainly not their online status.

DeletedUser22575

I think the character class, level, and rank are really the most important things. All the other bits of information you really need to worry about privacy issues. People might not want others knowing their HP, and certainly not their online status.

I agree with this and it looks ready for a vote to me.

DeletedUser

Why do you want know the rank? Level and class, yes, but rank no. A rank don't say of someone is good in fortbattles. I prefer the number of HP :)

DeletedUser22575

Why do you want know the rank? Level and class, yes, but rank no. A rank don't say of someone is good in fortbattles. I prefer the number of HP :)

if they had an easier way of knowing who was ranked in the battle. Providing this information makes it easier for people to get organized before a battle and have everyone line up in the desired location.[/I]

^^ By being able to see who was ranked or who was not positions in the towers and on the walls could be filled in by players who were ranked.

In other words this would make it much easier to know who to stack on.

Status
Not open for further replies.