Seasons Changing Competition

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Autumn/Spring Graphic Competition

I don't know about you guys but it's starting to warm up down under. Trees are blossoming, birds are cheeping and the lawns are being mowed for the first time in months. This must mean spring has sprung.
As for you guys in the northern hemisphere, the leaves are dropping, it's getting cooler and soon snow will be covering the land. This means that Autumn has invited itself back.

What I want you to do is design a graphic which portrays either or both of these seasons. If you choose to do both you can do 2 different graphics or you can blend the seasons into 1 graphic. But however you do it you can't enter more than 2 graphics into the competition. In 2 weeks time this will go to a vote to determine the winner of the graphic competition. We do encourage you to let your friends know about your graphic and the competition, however we discourage you from telling them to vote for your graphic as this is unfair for other artists.

The Prize

1st - 400 Bonds + 200 nuggets
2nd - 200 Bonds
3rd - 100 Bonds

The Rules

Your graphic must be no larger than 720 pixels wide by 720 pixels high.
Your graphic must be your own work (It may have stock images/renders, but not already edited images).
It must be specifically for this competition.
It must have your username on it where we can read it.
Your graphic must be of high quality, for example it must not be an image with added text.
We will be analysing each graphic to decide whether it can go into the vote.
We reserve the right to request .PSD (or other layered formats from GIMP or Paint Shop Pro etc.) files and/or source pictures if we believe your entry was not your own work.
It must have a strong connection to the theme.
Your artwork may be disqualified and excluded from the poll at the discretion of a Community Manager and reasoning not listed here.

The Conditions of Entry

You are allowed to enter two artworks.
You may not edit or change your entry; you have plenty of time to create your graphic so there is no need to rush posting your entry. However late entrants will not be considered.

The Theme

The theme is... Autumn/Spring/Both

Time Limit

Entry closes on the 2/10/2013 23:59PM(Server time).

Feedback

Any comments or questions about the rules? Please PM me or alternatively contact Da Twista! Do not post them here!

Last edited:

jarograv

I guess I will break the ice...

Spring:
[spoil]
leona_from_league_of_legends___sotw_entry_by_jarograv-d6ldjcs.png
[/spoil]

Autumn:
[spoil]
cowboy_on_horse___autumn_sotw_entry_by_jarograv-d6ldj4u.png
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

just a thought, as da twista sometimes advertises competitions, this art competition could well use a ingame advertisement as well

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
just a thought, as da twista sometimes advertises competitions, this art competition could well use a ingame advertisement as well

I've passed the message on and an advertisement will be up in the coming days.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I've decided to keep this competition open for entries for a bit longer. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks in case people decide to enter.
If there isn't enough entries this won't go to a vote.

DeletedUser34084

I've decided to keep this competition open for entries for a bit longer. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks in case people decide to enter.
If there isn't enough entries this won't go to a vote.
Yeah, sorry about that but the theme it's pretty difficult for me... and the lack of inspiration doesn't help me... ._.

DeletedUser34315

Well, if we can use photos: Here's one I took in early spring:
Dq9gR6H.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Yeah, sorry about that but the theme it's pretty difficult for me... and the lack of inspiration doesn't help me... ._.

MPpccDN.jpg

cXCYuSs.jpg

Is that inspirational?

I did suspect it may have been a difficult theme so sorry about that.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
This is the last chance for entries.
I'm leaning towards not doing a vote for this because there aren't enough entries. This is unless there are more graphics that come in at the last minute.

DeletedUser34315

D: It must go to a vote!
THE WORLD MUST SEE MY AMAZING ARTIST-Y SKILLS!!

DeletedUser31931

If I have a photo can I submit that as my graphic, just the photo, completely unedited. Unfortunately you'll have to take my word for it as I'm unwilling to hand out the link to my picasa album which I'll be linking it from if that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

Well.. if we can just submit photos :p Colorado has some incredible leaf shots with all this late year rain. I've gotten a couple good ones.

DeletedUser31931

Hmm, indeed. Well that was really my only idea, especially since I have no way to prove the photo is mine (even though I know it is). I suppose that I could provide the link to my picasa web album to the mod, but I don't know if that is proof enough.