Scrolling for mobile

DeletedUser30707

I'm using my mobile to log into the game. the browser ia Opera 11.5 for mobile. I know thats its slow and boring but helps me queue up jobs and sleep when i'm away for a couple of weeks.

The mobile does not alllow scrolling. The arrows on the screen and the mini map help in moving around the map, but the real problem comes while managing inventory or putting up items while in market. The arrow to scroll down is not given. This single arrow would make mobile playing a lot more convenient if u guys can put it there.

DeletedUser

That's the problem of mobile browsers, so you're searching for the solution on the wrong site.

DeletedUser30707

That's the problem of mobile browsers, so you're searching for the solution on the wrong site.

instead of clicking and dragging the main map u can also click the arrows provided at the centre of all 4 map sides. it'll be slow but solve the purpose. i'm just asking for a similar arrow button while browsing inventory. can u plz explain how it is a mobile browser issue ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30707

Gartner research suggests that by 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide. And don't forget other visits from devices such as games consoles like Nintendo Wii, DSi, web-enabled TVs, in-car browsers and the like.

Many customers are already using mobile devices as their main method of Web access, particularly in emerging markets — the July 2009 Statistical Report on Internet Development in China states that "'the proportion of [people] accessing the Internet by mobile increased enormously from 39.5% in late 2008 to 46% in June 2009', while the proportion of using desktops and laptops decreased". That translates to 150 million people. In the developed world, many have a mobile device as their secondary method of accessing the Web while they're out and on work.

DeletedUser

Then hopefully by 2013, mobile browsers will be the equal of PC browsers, but until then developers can only do so much. Ten years ago cross browser javascript usually meant completely different scripts for different browsers and even for different versions of each browser. You can't expect developers to do the same thing for all browsers for all devices for all versions for all operating systems.

DeletedUser

the issue you're referring to is a mobile browser issue, not a game issue. That mobile browser doesn't recognize the associated javascripts. Try other mobile browsers, see if you get lucky (not likely, as all mobile browsers suck at this stage in mobile app development).

DeletedUser563

Yes to this idea but I would suggest a plain text version of the game. It is massively annoying to sometimes be at a worksite and then not being able to connect to the game although you have internet on your cellphone. And then usually I anyway sit around for 3 to 4 hours.

Noobmic

Then hopefully by 2013, mobile browsers will be the equal of PC browsers, but until then developers can only do so much. Ten years ago cross browser javascript usually meant completely different scripts for different browsers and even for different versions of each browser. You can't expect developers to do the same thing for all browsers for all devices for all versions for all operating systems.

That's wrong I do JavaScript for over 6 years and I never wrote this kind of code and also who write this type of code should find another job. At least for JavaScript/Web you should code a thing and work everywhere + minor adjustments (maximum of 1% of code for specific browsers).

Regarding the idea, I agree with it.

DeletedUser8627

I'm using my mobile to log into the game. the browser ia Opera 11.5 for mobile. I know thats its slow and boring but helps me queue up jobs and sleep when i'm away for a couple of weeks.

The mobile does not alllow scrolling. The arrows on the screen and the mini map help in moving around the map, but the real problem comes while managing inventory or putting up items while in market. The arrow to scroll down is not given. This single arrow would make mobile playing a lot more convenient if u guys can put it there.

As Hellstromm mentioned, this is a browser specific issue. There are work-arounds though.

What mobile phone are you currently using and which OS is installed on this phone?

Noobmic

@Da Twista - it happened for me when I had HTC Desire with android, opera and FireFox browser.
Now with Samsung galaxy S2 with default android browser I have the same issue.

My conclusion is for every Android default browser ... and others.

DeletedUser30707

As Hellstromm mentioned, this is a browser specific issue. There are work-arounds though.

What mobile phone are you currently using and which OS is installed on this phone?

samsung galaxy ace, the OS is android 2.3 gingerbread.

DeletedUser20647

Stop using that overrated Opera. Mobile versions of it are terrible, unless you are using the ancient Symbian OS.

Firefox and Miren should allow you to scroll.

DeletedUser

A browser app named Dolphin does a decent job of allowing you to play The West, as you're able to do and participate in everything (sans fort wars if you're using an iPhone). But, seriously, the game isn't designed for phone play and I just can't see creating a workable app for this game.

DeletedUser30707

A browser app named Dolphin does a decent job of allowing you to play The West, as you're able to do and participate in everything (sans fort wars if you're using an iPhone). But, seriously, the game isn't designed for phone play and I just can't see creating a workable app for this game.

uhm i need something only for queing not for fort fights atm

DeletedUser

much in the way of how this game is designed, making it difficult to utilize mouseclick bots and such, gives good indication it isn't likely they'll provide a phone app that makes botting easy. That's part of the problem here, and one of the main reasons why i think it unikely they'll make a phone app anytime soon.