Passed Saving Item sets

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 62 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8627

Saved item sets.

As per previous post from http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32664 I thought I would give a clear explanation of this after having a word with Diggo.

The idea here is to have already preconfigured sets saved that can be chosen from at a later stage when doing a specific job. Currently a player has to change each item of clothing one by one for a specific job.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1453/itemsets.png

There is a script on the west forum where you can save configured sets and load them from a drop down menu in a player's inventory. Would be nice to make this official and a feature within the west game.

Saving a set would work as such:

1. Player equips items and clothing for a specific job, dueling, construction, item sets or just to look pretty.
  2. Player then can save this set and specify a name.
  3. Player can do this with a set amount of different items/clothing.
  4. Player decides to do another job. In the inventory menu there is a drop down showing all names of preconfigured sets that player has previously saved.
  5. For example - Dancer dress set has been chosen which automatically equips the clothing and items for this set.
  6. Players that have purchased new items or clothing can edit or delete configured sets they have created.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/690/savingitemset.png

Another idea could be is that all current item sets have the option to equip all clothing belonging to the set automatically. For those who don't have certain clothing it gives that piece a miss and continues to equip the rest of items.

Diggo11

As you probably figured discussion period as of now, voting begins in a week.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Some pics I did for The Yellow Dart's version of this idea from ages ago, which seems to have disappeared.

Attachments

• inventorysets.jpg
    inventorysets.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
  • inventorysetscreate.jpg
    inventorysetscreate.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 85

DeletedUser

I would vote yes for the idea, though it's already possible to do it through scripts.

DeletedUser8627

I would vote yes for the idea, though it's already possible to do it through scripts.

Yes, I'm aware of this.

But I feel it would be better if this was an official part of the west game.

DeletedUser

i think no one will say NO to this idea cuz this will just make the game easy to play !! YES for me !!

DeletedUser

The voting period isn't started yet.

I wood say, change the visual aid a bit and I'll give it an 10 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Anything that can be implemented as a GM script will always work better if it's actually a part of the game, as long as the devs don't change things too drastically, plus it makes it available to everyone, regardless of browser. It could also be implemented as part of an effort to reduce the server load if clicking inventory only loads your saved sets and a link on that page must be clicked to open the full inventory.

DeletedUser

Anything that can be implemented as a GM script will always work better if it's actually a part of the game, as long as the devs don't change things too drastically, plus it makes it available to everyone, regardless of browser. It could also be implemented as part of an effort to reduce the server load if clicking inventory only loads your saved sets and a link on that page must be clicked to open the full inventory.

Yes I know, but my point was it was not quite necessary to get those saved sets done right now. The bad thing about GM scripts is you can't bring them with you on another computer. I feel strange playing the west without all the nifty additions GM has.

DeletedUser

Just noticed this, what a great and non-gamebreaking idea. Nice to see. Yes vote here.

DeletedUser

it also could be integrated into the game in such a way that everything in inventory wouldn't need to load, which would help there server load decrease.

Status
Not open for further replies.