sad, silly or just lame market prices

DeletedUser

Y'know... I've seen a few items that are selling for pure gold... platinum... diamonds... whatever. And are worth absolutely nothing.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this a few minutes ago:

26968161.png

DeletedUser

Honestly dunno why - nicks are visible and it's obvious propaganda from me.
But... I don't care actually. Not my job. ;)

DeletedUser

Honestly dunno why - nicks are visible and it's obvious propaganda from me.
But... I don't care actually. Not my job. ;)

If it develops into an obvious propaganda campaign, it'll be changed back.

DeletedUser

People always pay high prices for rare items.This is just an attempt from the sellers to convince others that the piece of coal fits that category and is something special.
Not just world 13 ,every world i play in has that.

Quite in character actually,this is what charlatans used to do in the old west.

Besides why not pay 1000-5000 for a memorabilia (i am assuming you want to open the doors at the correct time so you will not be able to get the coal otherwise) you are level 9X so it should be chump change for you anyways.If it's not then that's really sad and lame LOL

DeletedUser

Not just the lump of coal also some other items such as

Tequila:
Immediate purchase price $1000
Purchase price:$24
And you can get it from picking agaves.

insane....

DeletedUser

And you can get it from picking agaves.
Lots of builds cant do Picking agave so i guess it's worth the price.Also even if you can do the job, time =money.High end job can make 800/per hour+exp+high end loot so paying 1000 is worth it in this case.

In general no matter how insane you think the prices are,there is in fact a good chance the prices are right,right in the sense that someone out there will buy it.Right here and as always is relative.

The market is self correcting,there is a fee that you must pay and it's high when the price is high.In other words the market punishes the players that post bad prices.

Remember market prices don't have to be right for 99.99% of the population,they just have to be right for 1 buyer.

DeletedUser22685

Why would I? They said it's not propaganda thread. ;)
It's not, unless you're trying to say your market prices are much more reasonable than those given in the original post. Which is why I didn't expect you to tell jvas off in this thread, but in-game. I'm sorry, perhaps I should've been more clear :razz:

DeletedUser

You missed the point, I ought to say may market prices are not reasonable. :razz:
Propaganda doesn't work in only one way. ;)

DeletedUser

Personally I don't see why anyone shouldn't charge whatever they please for their items. If the price is too high, the fee costs them a lot and they lose. If the price is too low, well, they gave someone a bargain. Happens in RL all the time, I ought to know, I've been in retail for 25 years.