Rusty or Precise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy Jack

OK, this is driving me crazy. Today I got an alliance forum post claiming that if we even dare try to wear a rusty to a fort battle, we will be labeled as a noob & not even get rank.

Precise Crossbow 120-192

Rusty Percussion Rifle 126-226

Both from drops & the best I have at the moment. The rusty appears better to me. My question is is there a hidden value to precise that makes it better, or do I go with the listed damage?

Same for dueling weapons?

What's the scoop on rusty, regular & precise anyway? I realize each step is higher in damage, but something else?

DeletedUser25632

Precise is always better.

It's pretty simple really, if you're able to equip Rusty Percussion Rifle that means you're at least level 45

While that does 126-226 if you were to get a Precise Musket level 43 requirement, it's 126-266

Therefore making that one better by 40 more damage. If you do not have that one in your town, ask your Alliance to put one up in the market as I'm sure one of the towns has that weapon.

For every Rusty weapon you can equip there is always a Precise one around the same level that is much better.

Higher your max damage on your fort weapon the more damage you're capable of putting out therefore helping your team much better.

Bad Billy Jack

Thankx, JonOfTheWest!

But, aren't you just perpetuating the falsehood? I understand about getting a better weapon. However, I gave two examples & it appears that you have verified that I should be using the rusty gun.

True?

DeletedUser

Yes, but the point is the people saying to get a precise gun or your a noob want you having that precise musket.

Rusty guns dont have any special defects its just the damage that JonOfTheWest was talking about

Bad Billy Jack

Sorry, but that is exactly my point. The elites always talk about the BEST (re FF builds threads), but us NORMAL Mortals don't have the cash to do that. We make do as best we can.

When I read that alliance thread, I took it to mean that I had better bring my weaker precise crossbow & this is false.

DeletedUser25632

but, precise does not have higher aim, correct?
Correct, there is no difference in aim with a weapon.
Thankx, JonOfTheWest!

But, aren't you just perpetuating the falsehood? I understand about getting a better weapon. However, I gave two examples & it appears that you have verified that I should be using the rusty gun.

True?

Out of the two examples you gave if you couldn't get a precise musket then yes, the rusty percussion rifle would be better for you as you're unable to get a better upgrade but like I said there is always something better than a rusty weapon around the same level that is available that will grant you more damage and that is what your Alliance wants.

If you do not have a better weapon at your town or cannot find one in the market ask your Alliance if they have it in their shops or if they have one themselves and see if someone will put one in the market for you.

Here is a link to find some better Guns if you wish: http://weststats.com/Items/left_arm/

DeletedUser

Sorry, but that is exactly my point. The elites always talk about the BEST (re FF builds threads), but us NORMAL Mortals don't have the cash to do that. We make do as best we can.

When I read that alliance thread, I took it to mean that I had better bring my weaker precise crossbow & this is false.
Best you can is buying the best gun you can wear. ATM as Jon suggested, the best gun you can wear is a PRECISE one. You don't have it and in your inventory the best is a rusty, fine. But don't expect generals to pick you to stay in the battle when they have to chose between you and someone the same level but with the BEST gun he can wear.
That is the point of that thread in the alliance. It is a tough job to chose who participates in the battle and who doesn't, when the battle is maxed out and you have to chose. There are a lot of things that matter and the gun is one of them. As simple as that!

Bad Billy Jack

Sorry, Duduie, but what you just posted is one of my serious complaints with this forum. All talk by elties for elites. Nothing for us middle/lower people trying to learn the game.

What we usually get is "learn to use the search"

We can read figures & prices.

The standard spew about precise weapons being the best, is a LIE & if you cannot understand this one example, then this forum needs improvement.

The best weapon is the one showing the most damage. THAT is the fact.

DeletedUser

The best weapon is the one with the best average. So I disagree. You can complain as much as you want. I was not excluding you for being a middle/lower player trying to learn. I was telling you how selection when needed is done. And if one general has to chose between you with a rusty and an equal level with a precise better than your rusty, then he will chose the other one, not you. This is how it works. Put yourself in the general's shoes. Would you rather keep in the battle with you a player who is not an experienced battler and has a rusty weapon compared to a trained player with a precise better weapon? I think you will understand now the point I was trying to make. Is not that people exclude lower players, but when they have to, they chose bigger and better over smaller and weaker. A level 100 can do way more damage in a battle than a level 40, as easy as that. And when the choice comes between 2 level 40's, is the one with better weapon, more health points and online who stays.

I understood your example and from the precise and rusty you have, the rusty has the bigger average. But in the same time in some shops in your alliance there is a precise gun better than your rusty for your level. A general doesn't know what you have in your inventory and that is your best. A general knows there's always a precise one that you can wear better than your rusty. So I don't understand your complaint when it comes to exclusion from a battle based on a rusty weapon. If you will not make efforts to get the best for your level, then is nobody's fault but yours when you get booted from a battle.

Bad Billy Jack

I was just gonna ignore, since I got my answer, but apparently you still didn't get the message, Duduie. Again, you are talking elitism.

Our alliance cannot even fill up a fort battle, something I think you are unable to understand. Perhaps some of you have been playing this game for too long & have totally forgotten what is was like when you were a Newish Player. You assume waaay too much.

Anyway, I thank you! Be Well! :)

DeletedUser25632

I was just gonna ignore, since I got my answer, but apparently you still didn't get the message, Duduie. Again, you are talking elitism.

Our alliance cannot even fill up a fort battle, something I think you are unable to understand. Perhaps some of you have been playing this game for too long & have totally forgotten what is was like when you were a Newish Player. You assume waaay too much.

Anyway, I thank you! Be Well! :)

She understands the question and we all get what you are saying, but when your fort battles do become full or if you were to join another battle that was full, they would choose someone with a better weapon IF it came down to it, in most cases it doesn't.

But please remember this, the more damage you're able to do(Based off Skills & BEST weapon you can get) the more XP you get and the better the chance for you to receive a Chest of which will have an item in it. So, to maximize your XP gain and better chance for a Chest you should always equip the best possible weapon & gear you can.

Bad Billy Jack

Actally, you both missed the point. We are a large but inexperienced alliance of tiny towns & have now dug up 6 hatchets & lost all of them. <g> But we are improving. We don't have any L80+ players yet & cash is hard to get.

You both keep saying get better weapons. We know this. We also need better gear, better speccing, etc.

We don't have nuggets to burn like premium players, but I did buy 800 during your sale. I am a L62 Adventurer on my first world & since we built our town up from bare dirt, I am even specced for building <OMG>.

I have also been ranked in every battle so far.

This thread was all about the bogusness of the word "precise" & both of you forum mods blew the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.