RP Discussion Roleplaying Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser3717
  • Start date

DeletedUser3717

P&P

The idea of P&P is to post about ongoing conflicts in the attempt to spread information, ideas and even rumors in order to help yourself or harm your opponents. P&P can be a valuable tool on the forums and bring a new element to the game.

All P&P should be done in character. No personal attacks or flaming are allowed.

Talk about you Roleplays here, This isnt a roleplay discuss about roleplays in this section what you want to be added what you want to be changed.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like this it is a good way to communicate on a wide scale, Thanks Jordon

I personaly think that the other RPer's aren't putting good work out there, The reson my work is so far spread is because i sit there for hourse with a word document in front of me and type a story then i convert it into a Role play, And i'm not bosting but i think my work come out very well and way over my ecspectations, Sorry fail spelling.

Edit: It's Jordon. Croman ;)

DeletedUser

You do try to make good work my friend, but there are three pieces of advice you really need to try.

1: Punctuation and spelling. Most IMPORTANT!!!

2: Number of sentences and sentence structure. I usually go 7-8 sentences per paragraph which is at least TWO paragraphs per post now.

3: And one of the most important, ALWAYS make sure you have good RP. Johann is a good one, but theirs always someone who can easily destroy a thread by spamming. Ever hear of Wert?

DeletedUser

No, but i know quite alot of people that are sending me PM's for specific threads...With most of my threads i type them up in Microsoft word first and then check spelling...

Don't try and ecture me though, i have better skills than most of course with the exception to you and some others...It wasn't that long ago when i was like Wert, jamesrebel ECT.

DeletedUser

ROFL this could take a while:

You may reply to this but i hope you like reading...XD

Well, In my opion the 4 main Roleplay skills are manditory to a long and happy time as a roleplayer: Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar and post structure are the most important things out of the many others are things like: Timezone (When it is set), Common sense (90% of the world dosen't have it why is it called Common sense?) And many many more, But what people don't get with me is that i adore those skills.

Although mine are not perfect i try my hardest and people notice, I was never the best person for spelling but i have gotten alot better over the time i have spent here, When i first got here this place was infested with horriable skills within the basic roleplayers arson!

But no matter how much i try it seems it is not working very well at getting them to see how much it imporves with long posts and all of the skills listed above.

Few imagine holding your breath while typing that!!!! XD

DeletedUser

I agree with every point you made. XD

I have been doing rpgs online since I was twelve or thirteen and it is always such a welcome relief to see players who actually make an honest attempt to immerse themselves in the story universe instead of "I'm going to throw my half-dragon mermaid sorceress into this RPG and make everyone love her lolol" or "My soldier is the elite of the elite and CANNOT DIE EVER. He has only two emotions: angry and MORE ANGRY. " players.

DeletedUser14280

Can I join this discussion?

Name: Celxius
Race: Feline drake
Class: Telepath
Mini-Bio: Celxius is a genius, formulating brilliant plans and ideas that can change the world...except that he rarely, if ever, acts on them. Laaazy!

You know what I like to do when I'm trying to create a good character, now?
I like to have a little quirk, such as an incredible fondness for chocolate.

I think that really good advice you could give to anyone who's starting an RP would be:
"Think of your favourite character in a movie or book or game, pick out one of their special qualities or quirks, then give that to your character."

What I actually do myself, is think of a sterotypical character (wise king, savage indian, talking dog), and add something to make it original once more.

...Wait, did I contradict what I said earlier?

DeletedUser

ROLF yea course you can stay, But i don't know if you did contradict...What did you think you contradicted?

ROFL.

DeletedUser14280

Well, I said that I like to have a little quirk in my characters, then I said that I like to take sterotypes and edit them.

Hey, think we could make a Metroid RP?
You could play with whatever tech you wanted, and have lots of aliens.

Deleted User - 819397

A metroid one would be cool, definitely. I'm a stickler for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. For my posts, I always try to do something to advance the story...although I admit sometimes if I don't have a lot of time, the quality of my posts drops. I only started one RP...and it went well, but unfortunately, people without such refined and sophisticated posting ideas and methods spammed it and went off topic. I was glad when Jordan locked it, actually. I'm trying to think of an idea for my second RP, so look for it soon!

I agree with what was said above, though. I would add that advancing the story-line is highly important too, since single line posts and even some long ones do nothing for the story. I agree with you Doctor No...god modding and pointless characters ruins perfectly good threads. Anyway, I salute those of you doing well, and for those who recognize a little of yourselves in the negatives pointed out here, try doing what we've said...you may be surprised what a difference it makes.

DeletedUser14280

Ooh, ooh, I just had an idea.

S.M.I.T.E.
Special Monster Investigation & Termination Establishment.

Placed in a fantasy/high tech setting, this could be an RP where you form a party of skilled adventurers to locate and destroy aberrations that threaten the world.

*cough, cough, D&D*

How does it sound?

DeletedUser

I'd like to see anything that takes place in space or the future, im a sci fi fan myself

DeletedUser

Well this discussion should count scurge of the west out, Due to the fact we are talking about skills with Roleplay, Which he has none of!

I'm sooooo pissed off right now, This is starting to get on my nerves i just want to jump through my screen and stragel the god-dammed people to death, I wish they had micraphone chat on this because it would take me soooo much time to type my thoughts, They should have luve chat with a micraphone enabling system so i could talk with my mic while others could type, i would be talking for hours trying to explian my thoughts and feelings, Right now i am lost in my mind and do not know what i am typing? Ok i do now but i didn't due to the fact that it is sooooo complicated even myself cannot unravel my mind on this matter...

(Can you put a sound file as an attachment?)

DeletedUser

Well this discussion should count scurge of the west out, Due to the fact we are talking about skills with Roleplay, Which he has none of!

I'm sooooo pissed off right now, This is starting to get on my nerves i just want to jump through my screen and stragel the god-dammed people to death, I wish they had micraphone chat on this because it would take me soooo much time to type my thoughts, They should have luve chat with a micraphone enabling system so i could talk with my mic while others could type, i would be talking for hours trying to explian my thoughts and feelings, Right now i am lost in my mind and do not know what i am typing? Ok i do now but i didn't due to the fact that it is sooooo complicated even myself cannot unravel my mind on this matter...

(Can you put a sound file as an attachment?)

when you get your thoughts together your free to rant :p

Deleted User - 819397

You could make a novel of them, coming january Father Corams problems with noobs; the quest for Captain Steve's gold

Scurge...this kind of thing is why Father Coram is mad at you. You can't stay on topic. The topic is about RPs and what you should aim for when posting, not about books. I have to say, when people get off topic it annoys me as well. I still advocate people looking over the keys to posting we've all mentioned.

Father Coram...try to explain your anger. You might give us all insight on rping.

DeletedUser

ROFL, I feel like a RP guru!

Well, I don't know how to put it into context

:unsure: I dunno, It would be alot easier if i could record it and attach it to a post on here...:unsure:

:dry::huh:

DeletedUser

Scurge...this kind of thing is why Father Coram is mad at you. You can't stay on topic. The topic is about RPs and what you should aim for when posting, not about books. I have to say, when people get off topic it annoys me as well. I still advocate people looking over the keys to posting we've all mentioned.

Father Coram...try to explain your anger. You might give us all insight on rping.

I do admitt I do sometimes get off topic, its not me trying to ruin the conversation but I will try to be more focused