Roadmap 2015 Q1

• Thread starter DeletedUser34315
  • Start date

DeletedUser34315

Q1:

Duel system improvements
Is not duelling the essence of The West? And because we know you just love duels we decided it is about time to make some duel system improvements. The duelling levels will be capped at four hundred and fifty. When you lose a duel one third of the duel experience you would have gained for winning will be deducted. It is going to be worthwhile to duel regularly, as when an active characters does not initiate any duel within forty five days they will lose 3% of their current duel experience each week. Good news is that duel motivation will never fall below 3%. Duel protection will be extended to seventy two hours and will be cancellable after twenty four hours by challenging another player at a reduced cost, but the job knockouts will no longer afford duel protection. And last but not least, items will be able to have duel level requirements and use bonuses that will reduce your duelling level. But if you think that this is all, you are wrong. More duel changes and balancing improvements will follow. Sounds good?

Item upgrading
What is the need to store three pairs of shoes, when you can have one super one? This is the idea of an item upgrading feature. You forge three exactly the same items into one higher tier item, and all items that have stats can be upgraded to become SUPER one day. As in real life, this will cost money and does not guarantee success. For upgrading items you will have to pay with dollars and upgrading can fail, when it does you keep your items but lose money.

Item Shopoptimization
Shopping should be a pleasant experience so we decided that the shop needs some pleasure optimization. Therefore, we will do some screen design improvements like clearer categories for a better overview. We will promote special offers better, so you will not miss a good bargain. There will be changes in prices of some items, couple of items may disappear from our offer and some may change their stats. We will analyse and optimize chests and their drop pool too.

Adventures optimization
What can be more fun than cool Adventures? Therefore we want to get more players into the Adventures, and for example an Adventure tutorial could be helpful for that. We will add more rewards to the Veteran Shop so you could use your Veteran Points better. Adding achievements are also planned so you could have clear goals when taking part in Adventures. Moreover, we will solve technical issues in the Adventures very soon.

Players reactivate players
Do you have an in-game friends that are no longer playing The West? Help us reactivate them and get cool rewards for that. First we will log all necessary data, and then…We will create a feature that would list all inactive players that you might know and then you will be able to contact them via our mailing system.
I like the forge new items thing, could be neat. Adventures sure could use some optimization- they can lag a ROG laptop. Honestly, the only big change of this quarter has already been rolled out, and seems overall positive to me.

DeletedUser29831

And because we know you just love duels.... DaTwista, I have to say you are a brave man.:D

Mor duel changes, can work both ways. But some will complain anyhow. ;) Since I'm not duelling, I really don't care.

Item upgrading sounds interesting. Depends on how it is implemented. And maybe there will be possibilities to get some gear sold in the market again.

Item optimization. What I really would like to see, is a list of what you might get in the chests. Also removing some of the idiotic stuff they got there, like piece of note part 1 and low-price shineys.

Adventures.... well, can't be bad, can it? What a hype, with a complete lack of follow up. So have to be good.

Players reactivate.. is this to avoid paying for adverts? Dear Inno, most players I know left because the game is dying. I don't think you will get many of them back to worlds that are deader than when they left. But let's try

DeletedUser8627

Oh yes, I just posted and ran quickly out of this thread :p

Well the first part of the duel changes are done, and looking at other parts of the roadmap not released yet, I'm sure players will be rather pleased overall.

One of the main things I'm personally looking forward to is the item upgrading. I have played many MMORPGs and most offer some sort of item upgrading. I would love to see less sets coming into the game and more upgrading options on the current sets. If planned carefully, this could target collectors and crafters alike, it could be very big and a fun part of the game!

DeletedUser

One of the main things I'm personally looking forward to is the item upgrading. I have played many MMORPGs and most offer some sort of item upgrading. I would love to see less sets coming into the game and more upgrading options on the current sets. If planned carefully, this could target collectors and crafters alike, it could be very big and a fun part of the game!

i'm curious to see more details of this but i have one big fear: success chance for really good items will be really low and will cause much frustration.

like with loot chests. i opened around 100 of them and no rifle or horse inside. but i see plenty of low level players with those items.

other changes are not so relevent (except maybe new adventures) but since it's only Q1, it plenty enough work to do.

DeletedUser34295

I'm highly looking forward to the item upgrade system! As Da Twista mentioned, it's part of many and most MMO's and I think The West could benefit from such a system. Not to mention, I'm happy it's been announced, since I'll know avoid selling off any duplicates so that I won't regret it in case they get useful :p

DeletedUser35533

Duel system improvements
I don't like dueling or getting dueled but I do think these changes are good for the game.
Item upgrading
I like upgrading but there should be a limit to how far things can be upgraded I don't want to get koed by a rusty gun some madman +ed to 1000.also I don't want upgrading that can fail,please let us stay away from generic money pits and mechanics from facebook games and other generic mmos. or there could be chance of failure but the upgrading would be free, instead 2 out of the 3 items would be destroyed (2 being the weaker ones) that way upgrading would still have a cost and upgrading 40k items would not cost same as upgrading a 100$ item.
Item Shopoptimization
can the town shops be upgraded so that a maxed shop has all the common shop items?
will we know what items will be removed so collectors can buy them in advance? will this optimization include price changes on crafting chill,gear,etc and maybe removal or price change on crafting bags and other items that are clearly not worth their price?
Adventures optimization
what it needs is different kinds of adventures, the tutorial is fine. it would be nice if devs or the twdb team figured out that set is best for it and gave us a way to pick it out.
Players reactivate players
NO. seriously I don't want to be badgering people. is not the referral system enough? how about instead we figure out who is not sending back hearts during events?

WHAT ABOUT 2014
what about the railroad and all the other stuff on the 2014 roadmap?

What about quests?
will there be more decorative or useful items for quests?will more quests have clothing requirements so that old shop items are not useless?

What about ranking and exp?
the ranking is a joke right now and the only way to get to level 150 is by daily log ins.

What about crafting?
so whats up with it?nothing really useful can be crafted and we still can't learn other crafting professions.IMHO its a bad joke that I have to wait for 70 weeks and not miss a single crafting opportunity to get that "crafted X green difficulty" achievements, Im getting there but still. same with the "level by doing X" when you hit 140 no activity would get you enough exp in one day to level by doing it even if you where at 99%.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF GAME THIS IS
generally the west works like a long term strategy, you work 3-6 months for some stuff(or so I was told) but these days missing a single event can set you back hard.tombola made even the new 200 items useless in less than a month.Im ok with either but lets pick one type of play or the other. Im not saying I don't like tombola but I don't even have time to get the items before the new one comes along.during last easter I could not even reach the showdown set gun and don't get me started on the day of the dead.I would say Im a very active player so if I can't do it I don't see the majority being able to do it.

are system requirements staying the same?
with all the new achievements like in construction,less duel protection,fort player inactivity and need to jump from one skill set to the other will the reskilling be as hard as it is now or will there be changes?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36432

Alright, so how much real life money will we have to pay in order to partake in these upgrades, particularly with regards to dueling weapons?

Also, hearing there will be more dueling changes is very ominous and disturbing. Will this be another nail in the coffin for us duelers? :(

Reyne

I like DanteNightroad's suggestion of upgrading town shops to the point where they carry all the available common items. It will give builders something to work on besides churches.

DeletedUser33353

Also, hearing there will be more dueling changes is very ominous and disturbing. Will this be another nail in the coffin for us duelers? :(

Hopefully not. I look forward to a good challenge in dueling. As it stands now.....only a few good builds to choose from.

Deleted User - 1278415

I'd like to see the traveling fair revamped a little. The items on there are getting stale. Ive got about 10 hats that are about worthless.

It would be nice if we can trade in 3 traveling fair hats for a super 1.

DeletedUser22685

I'm hoping the future duel improvements that were alluded to involve reverting or at least fixing the formula to bring back some build diversity. If so, I really don't care about the rest of the roadmap because that will be the single greatest change in the last four years.

Item upgrading has the potential to be both good and bad, so I'll wait until we've received some more solid information about it before passing judgement.

I'm guessing the shoptimisation is referring to the bond shop and it sounds pretty minor, but hopefully it will no longer be so crowded by all those items that nobody ever buys.

The adventure changes will probably be minor too if they'll be released within the next two months, but I'm glad the rewards will finally be getting some much needed attention.

I'm really not a fan of the last part. Getting a constant stream of those "The Wild West misses you!" emails just for deleting a character is bad enough, but giving players the ability to spam other players just seems like overkill. I'm sure there will be some reasonable restrictions, but the only thing I can see coming out of this is a bunch of annoyed ex-players.

DeletedUser36559

Is there any info on P2P trading? It would be a great change.

DeletedUser8627

I'm really not a fan of the last part. Getting a constant stream of those "The Wild West misses you!" emails just for deleting a character is bad enough, but giving players the ability to spam other players just seems like overkill. I'm sure there will be some reasonable restrictions, but the only thing I can see coming out of this is a bunch of annoyed ex-players.

One good thing about this would be us not getting constant tickets about people lending items out and those players disappearing from the game. Many times players have approached support looking for contact details for players who have gone inactive.

DeletedUser

Is anything going to be done for those who dont really want to duel ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29831

I'm hoping the future duel improvements that were alluded to involve reverting or at least fixing the formula to bring back some build diversity.

Yep, that would be awesome. Not everyone with the same gear, except those with the few specials.

Is anything going to be done for those who dont really want to duel ?

I don't think so, since it is pretty easy to get KO'ed. And let us not turn this into another duel bashing.

DeletedUser22685

One good thing about this would be us not getting constant tickets about people lending items out and those players disappearing from the game. Many times players have approached support looking for contact details for players who have gone inactive.

That's assuming anyone who receives an email from those players will actually bother reactivating their character to return the items.

Deleted User - 1693871

I'm assuming there will be some kind of mechanism where the West sends the mail without the player sending it getting to see the other player's email address. Otherwise there will be data protection issues if the West releases player email addresses like that.

djogani

I like duelling change improvements, because now people who don't want to be duelled can duel someone after a FF when they have low hp so that person can K.O. them and have 72 hours of duell protection instead of 48 hours from old job K.O.

asdf124

I'd like to see the traveling fair revamped a little. The items on there are getting stale. Ive got about 10 hats that are about worthless.

It would be nice if we can trade in 3 traveling fair hats for a super 1.

I wonder what if the level items are included in the upgradable category, if so, would that mean upgradable set bonuses as well?

DeletedUser1121

I'm assuming there will be some kind of mechanism where the West sends the mail without the player sending it getting to see the other player's email address. Otherwise there will be data protection issues if the West releases player email addresses like that.

As far as I know, it uses the current mail system, so the sending address will be the west.
What exactly will be in the message or how it will work, that is something we need to wait for.

But trust me if i say the privacy rules in Germany are very strict and InnoGames is fully compliant to those rules.