Rise of the Sentinels

• Thread starter DeletedUser28032
  • Start date

DeletedUser31931

"Well at the moment anything could be possible. I think that even this kidnapping goes further back than the girl's plans. Something else could have planted the idea in her head but at this point I'd be open to believe anything. I don't know who we can trust but I know that overall we can always trust each other. I would trust you guys with my life. Going back to the other sentinels. I know of one man who is still fighting age. He was recruited and trained with me. I'm sure if we pass near where he now lives we could acquire his help maybe. We keep in regular contact. And I would know where to go if we wanted to train new sentinels but that is a discussion for another time after we get the girl home safe and sound to her father.

DeletedUser

"I don't know whether or not the girl is calling a bluff. face it, we didn't even know that Khal Ryder and his little army of Jazdec's was as powerful as it was until we encountered it. it's entirely possible." Galen said. "Oh, and another thing, when we land, as the Alder brothers are keeping the girl hostage so they can be sure of the money, I think one of us should stay behind to keep an eye on her."

Deleted User - 819397

Mark left the room with a nod at Kaella's suggestion. He may have been the one to put Isolla in a cage, but he hadn't been around for the rest, so the plan made sense logically. He made his way down to where she was being kept, then made himself known to her casually. "I'm assuming you felt that ripple of energy earlier." he stated. "I've been told you're a mage yourself. Are you ok?"

DeletedUser31931

Ben heard what Galen said and he turned to Galen and said "That's not possible. We can't do that. She wants to show us something and only she knows what to look for. If they want to keep her hostage then they will have to sort out an agreement. For all we know they could attack the one of us that we leave behind and find out who she is and make off with her. I don't like it but I suggest we sneak her off with the use of magic. Mark might be able to figure a spell out which could do that."

DeletedUser28032

Princess Isolla
Waking to the gentle rocking of the ship and the coppery taste of blood in her mouth Isolla groggily pulled herself up into a sitting position with an ache in her head and teeth marks in her tongue though thankfully they were only very shallow.
Looking about the cabin Isolla was vaguely aware of someone speaking to her through the door as she tried to recall the images that had flashed through her brain, images that only a few moments ago had been crystal clear but now she struggled to recall even the vaguest of shapes from them.
"Come...come in" she called, climbing up off of the floor and onto her feet as the door opened behind her.
Brushing the dust from off of her new dress she turned to find the priest stood within the doorway "Oh...its you...what do you want?" she asked quietly her voice full of mistrust towards the man she'd hoped would be her saviour

DeletedUser

"Ben, we agreed with them that she'd stay with them until we returned with the ransom, if we go back on that we'll be stabbed in our beds just like that." he snapped his fingers.
"if we try and sneak off with her when we make land then they'll hunt us down, and they'll have their vengeance. all I'm saying is that one of us should stay behind with her to make sure she doesn't try to do anything stupid like escape or tell them who she is. and they wouldn't attack the one of us left behind. that's not the way we rogues work. look, just trust me on this, they want that amnesty more then anything." Galen explained.

DeletedUser31931

"Fine then" Ben said grudgingly "This is your area, I never dealt with any pirates apart from my own. I just don't like it. That's all."

Deleted User - 819397

Mark half smiled, half grimaced. "The others tell me you're a magic user...that means you felt the magic pulse a minute ago as well. I just wanted to make sure all was well..."

DeletedUser

"Good. which one of us will stay behind then?" Galen asked. finally Ben had come to his senses.
suddenly there was a knock on the door, it opened to reveal Ulric Alder.
"'Hello folks, been having a nice chat have we?" he smirked.
"That's none of your business, keep to your side the of the bargain and we'll keep to ours." Galen replied coldly.
Ulric chuckled. "I just thought yer ought to know that we're nearing our destination."

DeletedUser31931

After Ulric had left Ben spoke up.
"Damn it. I'll stay, You'll need Mark with you as he is the more skilled magician and if worst comes to the worst Dashel is good at actual battles like me. Also if the girl will need a magician here in case she tries to escape however her magic shouldn't be great considering the fact that I shot her through her casting hand which can severely weaken someone's ability.

DeletedUser28032

Kaella
Looking round at the brother Kaella nodded once in understanding though she could hardly believe that they were already there, it had only like a few moments ago that they had boarded the ship back in Blacksands.
As Ulric left them once more Kaella tunred her attention back to the conversation at hand "The only problem with that Ben is that Mark healed her hand so I doubt that will slow her down...beside I don't think she'd be stupid enough to try it anyway" even a powerful mage couldn't fight of twenty armoured men by theirselves "So what we're saying is that either Ben or Dashel is to stay behind with her then? what do we do once we reach her father?"
----------------------------------
Princess Isolla
Nodding her wearliy Isolla perched herself on the edge of the small bed inviting Mark to sit by patting her hand "Yes I'm...I'm a mage though don't let my father hear you say that.... he's not exactly pleased about my... abilities" truth be told he had been downright appalled at the prospect as he simultaneously threw the mage who had discovered her gifts out of the castle and had messengers dispatched in a bid to have her married off before the news got out very few princes wanted to marry someone capable killing them with a word.
"As...as for that...pulse what was that? I've never felt anything like it before in my life it felt as if my head was going to explode....wait....are you saying you felt it too?....I thought you were a priest?"

Deleted User - 819397

Mark sat calmly, trying to put her at ease. He smiled at her question of his being a priest conflicting with being a user of magic. "Many priests know holy magic, which, although functioning differently than all other brands, is still magic. For all that though, I'm trying to pick up arcane magic with mixed results, and I was recently introduced to nature magic, though I haven't had much time to experiment with that one. As to your question as to what the pulse was, we only have speculations, but they're rooted in fact. Turns out I was fooled during my separation from the rest of the Sentinels. I was captured by Khal Rhyder, and I met a man who asked me to help him when I escaped. I did and he revealed himself to be an arch-being. I, being who I am, assumed that meant angel. Therefore when he asked for my help, I was all too happy to. In return, he introduced me to nature magic. I then recovered the artifact he wanted, then we went our separate ways. I recently found out I helped one of a race that wants our destruction. I'm assuming the pulse was them using the artifact for whatever it is the purpose was."

Mark's head was down by now, head in his hands. "If we all die...it's my fault. I can't believe I was so stupid to blindly follow someone who I knew nothing about." He was quiet for a time, then changed tack. "I can understand what you did, running away. What people don't understand, they fear. From what I know about your father, he is not a fan of magic in the best of circumstances...and in his daughter? He would have been terrified for his own position..." He fell silent, lost in his own thoughts.

DeletedUser31931

"Kaella, I doubt her magic would still be that strong since any damage at all to a mage's casting hand will severely weaken their ability and I doubt Mark 100% healed her hand. On another note if I am to stay here I suggest we try to keep in contact. Maybe Mark might be able to come up with an idea for that when he comes back." Ben said.

DeletedUser

"Either way Ben and the crew should be able to deal with any attempt to escape. as for when we reach our employer, we tell him the jist of what happened, and that if he doesn't give the Alder brothers 150 Gold and amnesty then his daughter will probably wind up dead." Galen explained.

DeletedUser28032

Princess Isolla
As she listened to Marks story Isolla felt sympathetic towards his plight which was kind of confusing as sympathy wasn't an everyday emotion for her. However what confused her even more was his account of the race he'd helped "Wait...no...you can't of...I saw them, they were on a fleet you can't have brought them...unless" Isolla sat in horror as the most obvious explanation began to materialise in her head.
She was about to tell Mark her horrifying discovery when someone banged loudly on the door before bellowing that they were about to make landfall and that they were wanted on deck "You should go...I'll wait here, its not like I am going anywhere"
---------------------------
Kaella
"Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge once we reach it" Kaella said as she got to her feet and pushed open the small door leading out onto the deck.
As she stepped upon the swaying decking of the ship, Kaella's long dark hair began to whip around her head as it was caught by the cool night air, the strong smell of salt in her nostril's.
"There it is Talamh Bui..." Ulric said gesturing towards the dark smear that was the coastline as they sailed into a small cove where they would beach their shallow bottomed craft "You have two days to come back with the money else we kill you're friend and then sell her to one of the pleasure houses" Isolla was quite an attactive girl and young so the brothers wouldn't have any problem recouping their losses that way not to mention the money they'd get from selling Ben's armour "You'll get you're money"
"Good because I am not a patient man and I don't like waiting around"

DeletedUser31931

As they walked out onto the deck Ben strung his bow and walked over to Ulric "I don't want to talk to you that much, I'll warn you that our girl is a mage and so I suggest that you keep someone watching her every hour of the day because now we are on land it would be very easy for her to attempt to escape. If she does I suggest that you tell me. I will take up residence outside her cabin and if you attempt to trick me or attack me in any way I can assure you that you will wind up dead. I used to be a pirate, I know the tricks you will try to use."

DeletedUser

"Don't be too cocky Ben. you don't know all the tricks in the book." Galen growled in Ben's ear as he walked up beside him. he spoke louder so that Ulric could hear. "We'll get your money, don't you worry, just don't try anything. if you do, you'd be rich but you'd be dead."
he heard a coarse laugh form behind him. up walked Ellerc. "All mouth, you are. but remember, you've got two days."

soon the ship had landed in the cove. Galen, climbed over the side of the ship and jumped down into the shallow surf. he waded ashore onto the pebbled beach. time to fetch a ransom.

Deleted User - 819397

Mark left the Princess and returned to the deck, lost in thought. What was it that she had wanted to say? Shrugging it off, he returned to the rest of the group, jumping off the ship after Galen. Wringing his robes as he left the water, he asked Galen, "So, what exactly is the plan to get her back?"

DeletedUser31931

Ben walked up to the Princess' cabin and pulled out his sword and a whetstone. He began sharpening his sword. "And so the wait begins." he thought as he sat there waiting for the others to go fetch the ransom.

DeletedUser

"We tell our employer what's going on, and deliver the ransom and the amnesty, it's the only way." Galen explained as he trudged up the pebbled cove towards narrow pass that led upwards onto the plains of Talamh Bui. "Dashel, Kaella, come on! We haven't got long!" he shouted back at the others.