Rip-off chests :(

DeletedUser

You know the chest that says, "Contains an item up to $5,000"? They really DO MEAN UP to $5,000. Three times I've bought this chest and three times the value of the item has been around the $10 mark. Well, I suppose TECHNICALLY $10 IS UP TO $5,000. What a rip-off. :(
Post-Edit: From now on, I'm gonna stick with the ones that have a MINIMUM value. That way I CAN'T be ripped off. :(

DeletedUser20647

You know the chest that says, "Contains an item up to $5,000"? They really DO MEAN UP to $5,000. Three times I've bought this chest and three times the value of the item has been around the $10 mark. Well, I suppose TECHNICALLY $10 IS UP TO $5,000. What a rip-off. :(
Post-Edit: From now on, I'm gonna stick with the ones that have a MINIMUM value. That way I CAN'T be ripped off. :(
Yeah, I agree.. now that they introduced all these new items, the chance to get something good (geronimos, al's belt, adah's belt, etc) has dropped drastically.

DeletedUser6752

Yes, but if you know there's going to be junk inside, why would anybody bother to spend more than say $10 on it in an auction?

DeletedUser

You can still be ripped off... the Premium chest can contain a Lincoln's tophat now which used to be available in half the tailor's in the world

-xq

DeletedUser19518

Someone open a premium chest and found a Golden Buffalo ...

DeletedUser16008

now that they introduced all these new items, the chance to get something good (geronimos, al's belt, adah's belt, etc) has dropped drastically.

This and that its pretty clear on the description

For Example

the premium chest

This chest contains very rare items worth at least $8000 and very old items such as all 3 keys and pieces of the note parts one and 3. so wheres the surprise a gold buffalo worth 13k drops ?

Items UPTO the value of $5000 stated you think would be in the region of about 2.5k on average im sure no one will be that ecstatic about that but youd have to buy loads for it to even out

You are complaining about what is clearly stated on these chests and it is a total lottery within these chests ranges and items....

As gaga says the more stuff added then the lower the odds of a good drop. simple dilution by added items.

In effect its a lottery lucky dip which given that a chest isnt a shop, you know what the range is before you purchase and you are gambling with chance, your complaining about being ripped off gambling if you lose ? :blink: Thats a pretty funny thing to say.

DeletedUser

This and that its pretty clear on the description

For Example

the premium chest

This chest contains very rare items worth at least $8000 and very old items such as all 3 keys and pieces of the note parts one and 3. so wheres the surprise a gold buffalo worth 13k drops ?

Items UPTO the value of $5000 stated you think would be in the region of about 2.5k on average im sure no one will be that ecstatic about that but youd have to buy loads for it to even out

You are complaining about what is clearly stated on these chests and it is a total lottery within these chests ranges and items....

As gaga says the more stuff added then the lower the odds of a good drop. simple dilution by added items.

In effect its a lottery lucky dip which given that a chest isnt a shop, you know what the range is before you purchase and you are gambling with chance, your complaining about being ripped off gambling if you lose ? :blink: Thats a pretty funny thing to say.

Of course there is a gamble, but to add items to premium chests that have been so common that you could have bought them in shops for more than 3 years with no information or warning whatsoever is just bad customer treatment.
These items just doesn't jump up in value in the market either, so they have absolutely no value compared to most other items in the Premium chest, and should stay in the lower chests, and people who gained them should be reimbursed in some way.
And, if Inno decides that they actually should continue to be part of the Prem chest in old worlds, a clear statement of the changes should be made to old worlds so that we at least know what crap we might get if we bother to invest in a prem chest ever again.

DeletedUser19518

Tbh, i dont know someone that want to pay nearly $25 (real cash) for a Golden Buffalo.
So how Inno motivates players to spend cash in the game? Is this example the right way?
I think there is a gap right here and we can see it. We are not talking what is correct or wrong but how this game is gonna be better and not worst. ;)
Would never like to feel like someone who spend 79,99 euro, buy 3 prem chest and find 3 Golden Buffalo.

DeletedUser

Well, look at it this way. You were buying the Black Jacket. That was the 'key selling point' of the promotion.

The 3 chests and 1000 bonds, you really should be looking at those as an extra incentive.

Of my 3 Premium chest, I got 2 things which to me personally, were junk. Not worth the real-life cash. But hold on, I can't and won't complain because you know what, I spent the money to get the coat, not the 3 chests.

Of course, I do understand that if I had spent similar money to buy enough nuggets to get 3 premium chests (let's call it regular mode) and then managed to find 3 'common but expensive' items, yeah, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Looking at it from the middle, I can see that Inno has created a minor problem (potentially) for themselves. I figure that now, no one will buy premium chest since the chances of finding 'common but expensive' items is so much higher now. That being said, no one is forcing you to buy premium using real money, they are available via bonds which are free.

DeletedUser

Well, look at it this way. You were buying the Black Jacket. That was the 'key selling point' of the promotion.

The 3 chests and 1000 bonds, you really should be looking at those as an extra incentive.

Of my 3 Premium chest, I got 2 things which to me personally, were junk. Not worth the real-life cash. But hold on, I can't and won't complain because you know what, I spent the money to get the coat, not the 3 chests.

Of course, I do understand that if I had spent similar money to buy enough nuggets to get 3 premium chests (let's call it regular mode) and then managed to find 3 'common but expensive' items, yeah, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Looking at it from the middle, I can see that Inno has created a minor problem (potentially) for themselves. I figure that now, no one will buy premium chest since the chances of finding 'common but expensive' items is so much higher now. That being said, no one is forcing you to buy premium using real money, they are available via bonds which are free.

You make a common mistake with your assumption that other people do things for the same reason as you do, and then argue as if your assumption is correct. They don't.

This has nothing to do with the Black Friday sale, and in particular nothing to do with the Black Jacket. The sale just made the number of chest sold sky rocket and thereby make the problem visible.

The problem is with the chest(s); InnoGames has changed them, and lessened the value, without proper information. I.e. they sell a product which had a certain value, which now is reduced. If you bought some goods that always were delivered at 1kg for a given price, and then suddenly you find that the vendor, charging the same, had reduced the goods to 0.75 kg without stating anything in the shop, on the shelf where the goods are stored or on the goods itself, most people would feel cheated and would go back to the shop asking for a refund.

I have no problem if changes are made, and then communicated so that I can make a conscious choice. The only decent thing to do, is a reimbursement for those who where cheated out of their money.

And, honestly, why not provide a list of item per chest and the probability of getting each one? There is no reason to keep the information secret if you run an honest and decent sales operation.

-xq

DeletedUser

The problem is with the chest(s); InnoGames has changed them, and lessened the value, without proper information. I.e. they sell a product which had a certain value, which now is reduced. ...
-xq

While I genuinely sympathize and empathize (remember, I got 2 'junk' items from my 3 premium chests) I have to say you're kinda wrong there.

Inno hasn't changed the value of the premium chest. What's happened is more items are now more expensive than they were before. That means you're less likely to the get same 'highly wanted items' as before. Look at it like inflation. Remember when practically no one had ever seen Wyatt Earp's Colt buntline? Imagine how boring it would be if that were still the case today?!?

And look, it's written in black and white, you'll get stuff with a value of at least $8000 and rare/old stuff. That means EVERYTHING in the game, including rare and weird items, not just shinies and named. Look, if you got a copy of the TW-Times, would you value that or call it junk? What about the +8 FMS Harmonica? If you got a Precise Winchester, is that value or junk?

It's a gamble, pure and simple. And let's face it, what's a reasonable alternative? Make a chest called 'Supreme Ultimate Best Stuff In The Game' chest? Price it at 4000 nuggets? Then what happens when you get your second Rudolph? Or Billy The Kid's Skull Belt (which sounds great on paper then you realize it utterly worthless as a regular everyday item, but not to a collector).

DeletedUser

While I genuinely sympathize and empathize (remember, I got 2 'junk' items from my 3 premium chests) I have to say you're kinda wrong there.

Inno hasn't changed the value of the premium chest.

That's were you are wrong. They have for the old worlds... The bullet, buffalo, Lincoln's(maybe there are even more items moved from the shops to the Premium Chests???) have been in shops for more than 3 years in Briscoe, longer in older worlds, a little less longer in W15, W16. Those items aren't worth the face value in said worlds for most people. They already own them. All other items from the Premium chest can be sold at higher than face value, thereby providing some value back if you already own them or don't want to keep them. It clearly states Very Rare or Very Old items; the stuff mentioned above aren't very rare or very old items. (From tw-db: [FONT=&quot] Golden Buffalo: Total items: 50457[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; Golden bullet: Total items: 34735;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lincoln’s tophat: Total items: 81359. Tell me what's very rare about that???)
[/FONT]
A premium chest cost somewhere in the range of 20-30 euros depending on how you buy it, and to include such items significantly changes the value of the product they sell. I dislike the feeling of having been cheated, and in this case I truly feel like I have been.
From a junk chest I expect to find junk and some good stuff, from a less than 5k chest I expect that, from a Fancy chest I expect stuff above 10k. From a Premium chest, which is marketed as the most expensive and valuable chest, I expect to find stuff with value higher than common shop items. (It doesn't change the value of the product to just remove it from shops and raise the price a little bit; it is still a common, shop-item for months to come)

If I had know up front that changes had been made, I would have considered a second time if it was worth it. Since Inno prefers to keep their chest products a secret, and not divulge the items you actually can get, I suppose a full disclosure wouldn't be possible, but at least information that they have changed the items in the prem chest to include shop items would only be decent. Heck; we, who have played this game for years, the loyal good customers, deserves as much.

The reason I bought the chests were to get more shots at getting a Howdah; knowing that it would be even less likely that I would get it, AND that I also could get items that up until two weeks ago everyone could buy in shops, and therefore have no value at all to me or most other people in W14 would at least have influenced the decision process.

I think it is time that Inno starts to see the players as customers as well as players.

-xq

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

Items from town shops have ALWAYS been available in all chests. This isn't something new that Inno just implemented, as your complaint seems to be claiming. the fact that Lincoln's Top Hat is now available from the Premium chest is ONLY because of its increase in purchase price with the last update.
In addition, the term 'rare' has NEVER been in relation to how many of that item are in circulation throughout all the worlds. It's a calculation of how difficult it is to get it to drop from a job. You could get a yellow pistol belt as easily as you could get Buffalo Bill's soft leg guards. If the item is worth more than $8k, it can be found in one of those chests.
I'm not happy about the change in prices or the dilution of the box contents either; but I don't buy boxes for nuggets and haven't bought any for bonds within the past year, maybe longer. It's a losing proposition, unless you're just starting out and ANYTHING is an exciting find.

DeletedUser8627

The point of the matter is, when we advertise campaigns such as these, we do not and never will advertise the contents of the chest. If you receive any chest from a promotion, that's simply what was advertised, and that is what will be placed in your inventory. What a player does with the chest is up to him/her.

The transaction between you and InnoGames ends when the items are placed into your inventory.

DeletedUser

The point of the matter is, when we advertise campaigns such as these, we do not and never will advertise the contents of the chest. If you receive any chest from a promotion, that's simply what was advertised, and that is what will be placed in your inventory. What a player does with the chest is up to him/her.

The transaction between you and InnoGames ends when the items are placed into your inventory.

And the point is NOT related to any campaigns, and to answer the disappointed players with such a response just clouds the issue.

The fact is simple, InnoGames changed a costly product, the premium chest, to include items that has no significant value with no information up front. As stated, Lincoln's and the other former shop items are NOT very rare, and can't be considered very old either, since that would mean that any product that has been in the game as long as them could be considered old and thereby be placed in the premium chest as long they meet the minimum value.

Disappoint: You are wrong regarding the premium chest. It does not contain common items like the belt you mention. Up until now it has only contained named or other rare (or very rare as it has been changed to now) items. And none of the items could be bought in a shop. They still can't, but that doesn't make the aforementioned items rare in any sense for the next year or two in old worlds.

-xq

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35143

Well, that isnt a healthy relationship XD

DeletedUser

Thats how business work. Accepted. ;)

If I treated my customers like that, and reduced the value of the solutions they buy, without informing them and/or without reducing price, I would be out of business, or at least lose business quite quickly to my competitors so it's really not how business works.
The bad thing here is that InnoGames admits to the reduced value after finalizing the sale, but refuse to compensate for it. Very disappointing and terrible business ethics in my not so humble opinion.

-xq

DeletedUser8627

Hmm, where did we admit we reduced the value?

Adding new items to the premium chest is not reducing the value of the chest.