Discarded Restrict Access to Constructing Town Buildings

Do you agree with this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

Even bitter and sarcastic on the eve of christmas. You crack me up Ulthor.

Have a good one tomorrow by the way, and anyone else reading this.

DeletedUser8054

This is my idea of how it would look:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I believe putting restictions on town funds to certain town members is an awful idea. Doing this takes some power away from cetain town members, I like the idea of checks & balances. Suppose you & the mayor of the town have different ideas about what should de devoloped next then what?

DeletedUser

The "Mayor" wins . If You disagree with how the founder wishes for his town to grow , You offer Your opinion . It is accepted or rejected . Then You stay or You leave . All this idea does is allow the "Mayor" to stop people from using town funds to advance personal desires .

DeletedUser

My point exactly, so after a player has dedicated tons of money & time his only opption is to walk away & leave it all behind. What happened to the ideas of our founding fathers & the democratic process!

DeletedUser

If you want a democratic process, join a town that works that way.

Personally I find that looking for a good town to join in the first place is the key. Make sure you get along w/ the person/people running the town, that way you wont be wasting your time and money on a town you dont like.

DeletedUser

i like mads way its easy direct to the point an new low low levs kill out money bad hahaha

DeletedUser

At first i was opposed to this idea, but then the more renegade players in my w1 town just build things willy-nilly without regard to our construction plans.

I feel any player could build anything they wanted, out of their own pocket, but Towns' Treasury funds should be limited to a select management team only...

It has been proposed in this thread regarding bank transactions... Started out as a bad idea, but gets progressively better in the end.

Basically it outlines 2 more uses for the Towns' Treasury:
1) for posting Bounties on renegades
2) Used for Bailing out your townsfolk from other towns' Jailhouses (click here for rough draft of proposal)

I decided to post in this thread because i am seeing more use for Mayors' to limit and restrict players from accessing town funds...

DeletedUser

Renegades and wasters. Dullards and malingerers-they should all have a place in this game.

DeletedUser

So after this big discussion, what is the general outline?

I want it to go forward as soon as possible. :)

Btw, what happened to the idea of restricting which buildings to build? Making certain buildings off-limits until you plan on building them?

This way the players can still build if they choose - but its a lot more guided. I know some of my townspeople wont be happy when (edit) I decide to not let them build. ;)

DeletedUser

I do like the idea of a Mayor being able to select who is on the construction crew.
But i think that placing a stop-hold on certain building is too much of a limitation.

Here's the deal: A town gets maxed when a town gets maxed, so upgrading one building over upgrading another is just tit-for-tat. Having issues with your adventurer's pumping construction points toward the hotel, while your duelists are upgrading the Gunsmith, when You've explicitly told them to upgrade the residense.... So you your real workers get boned as the treasury no longer has the funds to supply those workers with the cash needed to build what they is asked...

^That's the general point of this topic.

So the vote is for whether a mechanic should be installed that allows the Mayor access to select players to construct buildings from the treasury.

However if a player wants to construct a building out-of-pocket then they should be always be allowed to... Making certain buildings 'off-limits' would just be too much control.

DeletedUser

The real question is. When on earth will this be put into the game?
my residence keep doing the same mistake and keep wasting our money! i cannot control 40 people and i have to send out a reminder every week to stop construction!

So again, when will this option be put in the game?

Can we do it now? why wait? in development? it's been on voting for a month and half.

DeletedUser

It's because the dev's are German and have to use translator to understand whe we "Yanks" are on about (lol)

No seriously though... Our ideas are second priority. We could vote and discuss for the next 12 weeks and still would not hear any result from the almighty Developers...

In the meantime Bedouin, perhaps if you stopped trying to 'control' your workers, you'd have better results... (just a thought)

DeletedUser

This is a GREAT idea.

Town founder/mayor/council should have control over town treasury. Don't restrict people beyond that; let them waste their own money if they want. Just protect the kitty. :D

Beautiful. Make it so.

DeletedUser5046

The real question is. When on earth will this be put into the game?
my residence keep doing the same mistake and keep wasting our money! i cannot control 40 people and i have to send out a reminder every week to stop construction!

So again, when will this option be put in the game?

Can we do it now? why wait? in development? it's been on voting for a month and half.

you can discuss tat matter on the uhm...town forum right?
is there a list on who are those building wit bank money?

DeletedUser

I just set up a thread titled 'Construction' listing each of the buildings, people assign themselves to that specific building and therefore, will concentrate on that building they have chosen to construct.
They then have that freedom of choice and can be happy with it and the more that assign themselves to whichever building, the better!

Of course, this means that those who construct don't have to donate as they're going to earn money to build their chosen building.
The ones that don't list themselves I would just ask that they donate to the treasury whenever possible to allow others to speed up construction.

Of course, this does mean that it can take longer with less people and be very tedious, but it gets done eventually etc.
This is an effective way for me to have an organised construction system.

DeletedUser

U know i never really thought of that i mean im in a starting town and the money thats in the treasury now is money that i put in it as the founder my town members use their money to build with as do i. i mean what is the treasury for anyway no other money from other bldgs and services goes into it or does it

DeletedUser

I think that what I've suggested here http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=2245&page=4 is also a superset of this idea so why not implementing it by introducing permissions like this:

----------------
[ ] none
[ ] forum
[ ] forum and hidden forum
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] inviting players
[ ] inviting and kicking players
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] treasury access
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] town log
[ ] town log and treasury logs
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] promoting
[ ] promoting and demoting
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] town administration
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] multiple telegrams
----------------

Then you create ranks (templates). Only founder will be able to create ranks. Someone with promotion / demotion permission can only promote / demote someone to / from ranks that are subsets of permissions of his own. That means that when you can't invite someone you can't give rank with that permission. Founder will have all right automatically and he can't be assigned a rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.