Discarded Restrict Access to Constructing Town Buildings

Do you agree with this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3414

In a good town the members themselves would realise their good points.
Even if their character is a builder but their level lower than current members if they concentrate on building skills they can put money into the town and then become one of the main builders later (but this requires a long term stratergy).
The optimum town is the one with the best individuals that can cooperate for the common good!
crumbs!!!

DeletedUser

I think all these people who are saying this rewards bad decision making are missing the point. Even if your town only has 1 other person, that person can waste a lot of town money while you aren't looking. Sure you can kick them when you get back to the computer, but by then the damage is done. So unless you completely trust everyone who joins your town, this is a real issue, no matter how smart the town's leaders are.

DeletedUser

The poll is closed, what does that mean? is it being submitted or dropped?

DeletedUser1105

Gem, summary for the developers:

The following idea is the result of discussions between members of the forum, and it passed a vote with a result of 179 votes to 28. Should you wish to, you can see the discussion here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=7170

Current View
Some people do not like the fact that as town founders, they have no control over how the funds donated to the town treasury are spent.

Current Solution
The current way of dealing with this is to
1) Tell the members via the town forum that they are not the build without permission. This does not work, as I am sure you know. Or
2) Monitor who has built what and when and then kick violaters out of the town. The problem with this is that it is retrospective and the damage has already been done.

The Proposed Idea
That the town founder (and maybe councillors too) be able to control the town treasury and nominate who is allowed to have access to the funds.

How It Could Work
It would work much in the same way as Tribal Wars, in that you can change a players settings to give them the ability to do different things. A town founder could then go through the list and tick a check box next to who they wish to allow access to the town treasury. Then, only those people would be allowed to construct buildings using the town treasury. Anyone would still be able to build out of their own personal cash, they just would not be able to use the town treasury.

Comment
This would greatly add to the game, because it would give town founders/councillors the power to control how the towns funds are used. As it stands, even though a town founder is the leader of the town, they have no way of preventing people from spending the town treasury funds on whatever building they want. Town founders don't really have many abilities at the moment, except promote/demote, invite/dismiss and create/delete forums. it would be better if they had other abilites, such as this control action.

It would still be fair to members of the town who wish to build, as town members could still build out of their own personal funds. It would only be town treasury funds that are restricted. Also, this system would still be flexible enough that those people who prefer it the way it is could set thier town up so that every member can spend the funds, so it would keep everyone happy.

A lot of towns have disagreements over how the funds have been spent, but this would help to eliminate that and allow for better community spirit in the town forums.

DeletedUser

Aargh!!! Why are people stupid... I keep reminding my citizens via Telegrams, Town Description and Forum. Yet not only did some idiot spend $960 on construction (big for my new town), he also spent 8 straight hours on construction. I can only imagine and cry about his motivation level!!!

:mad:

DeletedUser

even for a big town that is much.

poor you.

i whould kick out a player for doing something like that.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately simply kicking him won't bring my money back. I have sent him a telegram to refill his consumption in one week, else I will kick him.

DeletedUser

Not a great time to say anything since it's already been written up, but I'd really like to just see a drop down menu by each building's name. It would have each town member's name, and the founder/s (maybe councillors too in case the founder is gone for any length of time) would check a box by the names of players allowed to work on that building. If no names were checked, the building couldn't be worked on. There could also be something different for accessing town treasury if people prefer that idea, and then all names could be checked on the buildings being worked on so people could use their own money if they wanted to.

DeletedUser

missed the poll vote (kicks self in the rear)
but as for those that think letting them waste there own cash is cool they are forgetting that those funds would have gone into the treasury otherwise to be built with so its still wasting the cash
in a large town it won't hurt as much but in a small town it would still be a major issue
and as for just kicking the player with the case of lead poisoning out of the town is to drastic a move for a small town to even consider.

DeletedUser

Definately restrict access to treasury and to building it would make things so much easier and far less irritating

DeletedUser

Actually, would it not be better if you could restrict certain players instead? therefore the trusted players would not only feel that little bit better but also because the trusted ones will do the right thing whereas some people wont. ^^;

DeletedUser

We need it as soon as possible. any ideas when will it become reality.

3 times have i brought in low level players and they purposely done constructions with their bonus clothes/hat/shoes off for the sole purpose of wasting the town money. all have been dismissing but we really need this option to restrict who can do construction and who cant. just like we can make town members Councilors we can also have a 3rd option as a Builder.

thank u....

Status
Not open for further replies.