Discarded Restrict Access to Constructing Town Buildings

Do you agree with this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Next in line of succession takes over.

I do belive current mechanisms cover this problem.

DeletedUser

My problem is not that people waste money building at low levels, but that no one is putting money in there to begin with. I need to start dismissing people soon.

DeletedUser

You need to tell new and prospective members what is expected of them for taxes before letting them join. That is the fair method. Then you can hold them to account for noncompliance.

DeletedUser

Rather than limiting WHO can build, why not just create "rules" regarding building. That way anyone that meets the rules can build, without having to ask permission. You probably would need 3 rules:
Minimum motivation at start.
Minimum labor points at start.
Be able to create a assignments list (like for jobs), you choose which are the next 2-4 building levels to work on and ALL work is done on that building, until it is completed.

Also, regarding taxes. Why not create a tax section of town hall, where the taxes are taken out automatically.

DeletedUser

not all are good as a leader. this will help the little man. im in favor of it:)

DeletedUser

all in for it. i got duelers who build cause they want the gunsmith up rofl they try but fail cause they get like nothing done

DeletedUser

This shouldn`t be obligatory. I think the townb founder decide if he wants to control it or not; But yes this is a good idea, but maybe it should be connected to a building? I mean the town founder (and maybe councillors) may check in the construction menu building able to be constructed using city funds

DeletedUser

Totally agree on this one. Its so irritating when non-worker waste you twon money by trying to build by themselves.

DeletedUser2692

I like the idea of the founder just picking who can build. Simple if you are not on the builders list you can't build. But you have to put money into the treasury so the builders can build.

DeletedUser

I prefer this idea to that . Anyone can build , but You have to be a builder to use town funds .

DeletedUser

This sound more reasonable. But if you don't have the necessary skills, then why bother? Its just a waste of money.

DeletedUser

But as long as it is their time and their money , they should be able to waste as much as they want .
Some people , particularly low levels , want to "work for the town" . They feel left out if all they do is donate .
This option allows towns to best use their resources , and the players to feel as if they are doing their part .

DeletedUser

yeah i think the best way to implement is not restricting building but restricting access to the treasury funds.

DeletedUser

I had problems with members of the town that built the wrong building :(.So yes this option would be welcomed.

DeletedUser

town treasury restriction definately. building restriction no if they wanna waste their own money then let em.

I agree!! i never understand treasureys, i think its cause most i play wiht just want the credit for building that building!! duelers should stick to being duelers workers to building the town etc!!

DeletedUser

Who can build should be determined by the FOUNDER. Add a checkbox, if they want to let someone else decide, too. In one of the towns I am in, I am the "head" builder that decides who builds what and we had a problem today where some low level constrution person used who knows how much of the fund with very little result. :-(

Founder should also determine if non-qualify players can use their own money to build or not. Yes, it is their money, but they are also part of a TOWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.