resistance 25%

DeletedUser

We know that the effectiveness have not been reduce, so, what is the 25% of damage of a sharp tomahawk XD?

DeletedUser

The sharp tomahawk has a damage value of 65-95. The average damage of one hit to the hands would be 80. 25% of 80 is 20.

Therefore the sharp tomahawk will make an average damage of 20 to the hands, 25 to the shoulders and 30 to the head, if the tomahawk owners vigor has been outmatched by his/her opponents toughness.

Meanwhile, the maximum average damage of the sharp tomahawk is 160, 200 and 240. Which is the damage non-resist builds must face.

The developers might as well changed nothing, because the effect on resist-builds is negligible. The shooting vs. reflex/toughness (and vigor vs. toughness/reflex) race, is as on as ever..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah xD you're right :p, they've done 37 dmg to my head, 26 damage to my shoulders. I won :p but I wanted to know that.
And D.Saint I agree with you, resistance is still the best (only add more vigor).

DeletedUser

get it into your heads, look at world 6, think of the best duelers you know on that server, yourself d saint, ms. sara, elk. none of them are resistance, so why do you insist resistance is imbalenced.

DeletedUser

Gamecmdr,
First thing. Distorted Elk does not count as a dueler by any standard. And you should ask him about resistance-builds, since they are the reason he hasn't been part of a town since July...

Back to the point. Miss Sarajevo and myself win most duels against W6's res-builds because (in order of importance) we are higher in level and we have very well-thought out builds (being able to beat res-builds and equal level non-res builds). If you and I were on the same level, I would have a very hard time.

If the level 99 cap remains, we will be on the same level at some stage. As your reflex/toughness damage reduction works without diminishing returns above 25%, while my dodging does not, you and other res-builds can look forward to beating the crap out of me then.

If the developers wanted to change/reduce the relative effectiveness of res-builds (and evidently they did), they have achieved nothing of the sort with the 25% cap. That is all I'm saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you're wrong, the best build now i think it's a charisma build :S but, I don't know I've never duel one xD (now I win all the duels :p being resistance)

DeletedUser

Gamecmdr,
First thing. Distorted Elk does not count as a dueler by any standard. And you should ask him about resistance-builds, since they are the reason he hasn't been part of a town since July...

Back to the point. Miss Sarajevo and myself win most duels against W6's res-builds because (in order of importance) we are higher in level and we have very well-thought out builds (being able to beat res-builds and equal level non-res builds). If you and I were on the same level, I would have a very hard time.

If the level 99 cap remains, we will be on the same level at some stage. As your reflex/toughness damage reduction works without diminishing returns above 25%, while my dodging does not, you and other res-builds can look forward to beating the crap out of me then.

If the developers wanted to change/reduce the relative effectiveness of res-builds (and evidently they did), they have achieved nothing of the sort with the 25% cap. That is all I'm saying.

d, your not right about that. on world 9 headbanger is a resist build, and hes a higher level with a better than my character who is rangednon resist and i win 90 percent of the time. if people go pure reflex than yeah, shooters are gone have a hard time against them, but melee should be able to clean their clock and vice versa.

and also, if it werent for the level cap (which shold be removed anyway) no resist build would ever be able to level as fast as a shooting build period.

DeletedUser

Game,
Of course there are counters to all builds, I agree, and depending on how you use the points available to you, you might lose to lower level characters that have used their skill points better, regardless of build-styles.

What I am saying if that if the devs wanted to do something about the resist build, and they did, they have failed. The difference between 0 and 25% damage is so small, even for the top-line weapons, that it is insignificant.

And if I look through the worlds I am in, the majority of the top-duelers are melee resist builds. Whatever that observation is worth.

Harsha..

yes, true

melee resistance is easier, as pure vigor duelers have high strength, and so get "free points" in toughness, but, the catch is the weakness to ranged shooters, still you have the advance of high health to them

DeletedUser

I think that the resistance is still DA BEAST :p, you already have ginve the reasons, now it needs to land two hits xD, you don't dodge and you can land 5 hits and KO you opponent :D.

DeletedUser

Game,
Of course there are counters to all builds, I agree, and depending on how you use the points available to you, you might lose to lower level characters that have used their skill points better, regardless of build-styles.

What I am saying if that if the devs wanted to do something about the resist build, and they did, they have failed. The difference between 0 and 25% damage is so small, even for the top-line weapons, that it is insignificant.

And if I look through the worlds I am in, the majority of the top-duelers are melee resist builds. Whatever that observation is worth.

I think what the devs wanted to do is make the resist builds take some damage from all their duels, so instead of like 20 its now more like 150 or 200, not unlike what alot of dominate non resist duelers can acheive.

and its true all builds have counters, but when you say that an equal level normal and rsist dueler fight, the resist dueler always wins, thats just not true. even if that ranged dueler isnt extremely shooting heavy.

DeletedUser

The sharp tomahawk has a damage value of 65-95. The average damage of one hit to the hands would be 80. 25% of 80 is 20.

Therefore the sharp tomahawk will make an average damage of 20 to the hands, 25 to the shoulders and 30 to the head, if the tomahawk owners vigor has been outmatched by his/her opponents toughness.

Meanwhile, the maximum average damage of the sharp tomahawk is 160, 200 and 240. Which is the damage non-resist builds must face.

Two questions, both assume ARM hits

#1. Is the maximum POSSIBLE damage twice the maximum weapon damage, in case of sharp tomahawk 190 damage hit to arm.

#2. Is maximum possible damage determined BEFORE or AFTER resistance is calculated??? example:
If I have sharp tomahawk and 150 vigor, while opponent has 40 reflex & 35 toughness [55 total resistance] the maximum damage possible is:
Option A: 190 damage [150 vigor - 55 resistance = 95 vigor + 95 weapon]
Option B: 135 damage [150 vigor reduced to 95 allowed - 55 resistance = 40 vigor + 95 weapon]

Thanks in advance, :)
klondike

DeletedUser41

Two questions, both assume ARM hits

#1. Is the maximum POSSIBLE damage twice the maximum weapon damage, in case of sharp tomahawk 190 damage hit to arm.

#2. Is maximum possible damage determined BEFORE or AFTER resistance is calculated??? example:
If I have sharp tomahawk and 150 vigor, while opponent has 40 reflex & 35 toughness [55 total resistance] the maximum damage possible is:
Option A: 190 damage [150 vigor - 55 resistance = 95 vigor + 95 weapon]
Option B: 135 damage [150 vigor reduced to 95 allowed - 55 resistance = 40 vigor + 95 weapon]

Thanks in advance, :)
klondike

1: Yes, damage to hands maximum damage possible is x2, to shoulder x2.3 to head x3

2: I think option 1 is the correct way the Maximum hit is calculated as the resistance counters your vigor and thus lowers your weapon should that happen.

Example: Sharp Tomahawk max 95, if the calculation using option 1 and your figures for resistance in your example, but you only had 100 vigor, it would give you 55 vigor plus 55 of your weapons power giving max damage of 110.

Thats how i view it based on past duels etc.

DeletedUser

1: Yes, damage to hands maximum damage possible is x2, to shoulder x2.3 to head x3

2: I think option 1 is the correct way the Maximum hit is calculated as the resistance counters your vigor and thus lowers your weapon should that happen.

Example: Sharp Tomahawk max 95, if the calculation using option 1 and your figures for resistance in your example, but you only had 100 vigor, it would give you 55 vigor plus 55 of your weapons power giving max damage of 110.

Thats how i view it based on past duels etc.

Thanks SO MUCH for that last bit of info [your example]. That would explain one battle I had with LOW level weapon, very high vigor and was surprised at how little damage I did.

Sorry to be so "technical", but I have another question regarding question 1.

You stated that max possible damage to head is 3x total, I assume that it is 1.5x weapon & identical vigor, ie with a sharp tomahawk 142/3 damage & 142/3 vigor. Is that correct???
thanks again,
klondike

DeletedUser41

The maximum damage is the weapons highest rating (95 sharp tomahawk x 3=285 which would be a headshot) There are a few anomalies but that is the general rule.

Another example of why your highest hit could be lowered, if your vigor was only 80 and you were using sharp tomahawk but your opponent had 0 resistance. The highest hit you could (theoretically) achieve is 80 x 3 = 240 to the head. To have any chance of using your weapon of choice to its max potential, you have to have either shooting or vigor = to the max damage of the weapon after the resistance formula is taken from your vigor.

Hope you understand what i am saying, i confuse myself at times :D

DeletedUser

I understand. The game starts out "so simple", but when you REALLY try to understand it your head starts to spin!!!
Thanks again for the help :D

DeletedUser10707

The other simple solution would be for the developers to make available a gun that would offset some of the benefits the resistance builders have, such as plus toughness and shooting.