Reset Dueling Level

• Thread starter DeletedUser29791
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Meh, you're just repeating the same arguments Sagaris, ignoring the effective rebuttals posed.

DeletedUser

i dont see why you are so against it when all it will do is bring people back to the older worlds and allow duelers to try different builds later on in-game.....
You're saying it would just help duellers and nobody else.
You just demolished your own suggestion.:D

DeletedUser

i dont see why you are so against it when all it will do is bring people back to the older worlds and allow duelers to try different builds later on in-game,

If you are talking about trying different duel builds there are none, there is only 1 duel build now.

DeletedUser31022

I love to buy things off the UP Store but even being a higher DL dueler in some worlds I would be against this....Why create a "magic pill" for an easy fix when its the whole system that needs reworked??

The idea that your DL should increase with wins and decrease with losses would really be a problem solver.

That would keep your DL at your actual Dueling Skill. If I duel and win ten times then I'll have harder targets now when I start loosing due to having to duel players twice my own level then my DL will drop slightly putting me in range of other DL that I have a chance of winning.

one more last thought....what if the Motivation only determined the exp gain and had no effect on the DL??? Then all duelers would be equal due to the DL being based on actual win/loss.

I hope this thought will bring others around

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25480

You're saying it would just help duellers and nobody else.
You just demolished your own suggestion.:D

im not, ofc the majority of players would be duelers but i know of a lot of people who have quit dueling and FF, quest etc... if they lost their DL it makes their game a lot more fun :)

DeletedUser25480

If you are talking about trying different duel builds there are none, there is only 1 duel build now.

i was referring to FF'ing, questing etc :)

I love to buy things off the UP Store but even being a higher DL dueler in some worlds I would be against this....Why create a "magic pill" for an easy fix when its the whole system that needs reworked??

The idea that your DL should increase with wins and decrease with losses would really be a problem solver.

That would keep your DL at your actual Dueling Skill. If I duel and win ten times then I'll have harder targets now when I start loosing due to having to duel players twice my own level then my DL will drop slightly putting me in range of other DL that I have a chance of winning.

one more last thought....what if the Motivation only determined the exp gain and had no effect on the DL??? Then all duelers would be equal due to the DL being based on actual win/loss.

I hope this thought will bring others around

like the magic pill to reset all AP/SP and even both? although your suggestion is good the 0 mot duelers would certainly not be happy :p

DeletedUser31022

like the magic pill to reset all AP/SP and even both? although your suggestion is good the 0 mot duelers would certainly not be happy :p

Well this isn't about making people happy it's about making the game fair in all stances. I am also a 0 mot dueler in one world so I know how that would effect me there and if you're in it for dueling then there should be no problem.

DeletedUser

I completely disagree with this suggestion for the many ways it would be game breaking.

I can understand the problem, but this is so far from an ideal solution as to be laughable.

A better suggestion might be:
Make the top 1% of players (by duelling level) always able to be duelled, regardless of level.

On w11 (for example) this would result in the top 56 duellers always being valid targets.
You get a decent amount of targets without either:
a) Hiding your actual duelling ability by resetting your level.
b) Smashing people into the ground who aren't interested in duelling.

-- Pete.

DeletedUser

So the 1% just become sitting ducks? I'm interested, but not sure where you're going with this.

DeletedUser

So the 1% just become sitting ducks? I'm interested, but not sure where you're going with this.
Sitting ducks? The top 1% of players by duelling level? lol

If you're in the top 1% duellers on a server, I hardly think you're sitting duck, and it's a very good chance you'll be one of the top level players on the server.

I just checked w11, the bottom player in the top 1% is a player with a duelling level of 208. And you consider that to be a sitting duck?

-- Pete.

DeletedUser33353

The top 1%......seems fair to me, always be a sitting duck for anyone to tag me...hmmm....I like it:)

DeletedUser22575

as i said earlier i believe the majority of exp duelers who have reset wouldn't target non-duelers like conventional 0 mot's, they like a challenge and as such many of them would go after the "best" 0 mot duelers just like they went after the "best" exp duelers to reach the top rankings, if anything i think the amount of duels on non-duelers would decrease.

Oh come on. You have to be kidding. You know better than that.:laugh:

DeletedUser

The top 1% are probably not duelers anymore since Inno completely screwed dueling up, at least on W11 it seems to be the case. I'm certainly not.
Judging by the rate that the next 9 below me XP's for dueling has risen over the last couple of months I'd say dueling is more or less finished on that world.

DeletedUser

So the problem for high level duelers is not having enough dueling targets. I don't think the people opposing this suggestion have made their points as clear as that but I assume the main problems are that lower level non-duelers would get harassed more and people using the dueling level reset would level up faster. I think these issues could be fixed with some limitations and requirements to the dueling level decrease.

The leveling up issue could be fixed by making it accessible only after reaching level 120. I mean, who cares about xp after reaching max level when you can't get anymore skill and attribute points from leveling up?

And limit the decrease of the dueling level so that the high level duelers can't get back to non-duelers range again, having the dueling level decrease by only 50% might be enough to do that. At least if you also make high enough dueling level one requirement as well. For example a requirement of dueling level at 250 would give 15 people on w12 access to the dueling level decrease (actually less since not all of them are level 120).

This way the high level duelers could continue dueling more of the other high levels duelers without getting to harass people who aren't into dueling. And maybe knowing that you wouldn't run out of targets would make some low motivation duelers get more dueling exp and leave less people to duel low levels (that's probably just wishful thinking though).

I think HAL0 R3ACH already made these suggestions earlier but I didn't see them yet addressed by the opposition.

DeletedUser13388

I still think, that the best way is if you not only win exp in the duels, but if you lose it too.

DeletedUser

I think its a good idea to a point, perhaps a quest would be an idea, whereby the reward for the dueling questline would be 25% off your duel level, im afraid if this idea came into play and people could completely reset their level, it would cause massive uproar, however the same could be said of 0% mot, something that needs addressing and fast IMHO but nothing has been done for at least 2 years so i cant see that changing either :mad:

To sum up, a single oppurtunity to reduce it by 25%, a bigger decrease for the high end such as your self, but still helpful to lower end players :p

DeletedUser34315

More targets wouldn't help those of us who duel for experience. Not really any gain in beating low levels.

DeletedUser

Or maybe high level crafters can craft items which reduce their duelling level by 2-3.