Reset Dueling Level

• Thread starter DeletedUser29791
  • Start date

DeletedUser29791

OK first of all this is not just my mistake. Many others have the same prob. And Kablook was on vaca mode before W15 came out cause he was one of the few targets I had so I know this. Go look at the top 15 duelers on W12, 3 on vaca. mode one townless several barely active and how many already quit?

Second you are full of it if you think you can duel your way to level 120 in 4 weeks unless you are willing to spend an absolute fortune on energy and HP buffs and sit in front of the computer screen night and day. And even then the reseting of your dueling level isnt what would get you there its your ability to buy the HP and energy buffs. And its no different than giving you the option to reset your skills to beat anyone you want.

Third I dueled and i FF for a bit as well and i was able to gather more XP from FFing and doing jobs while HP and energy buffing than I was from dueling. Duelers are the only ones that get punished for their choice of what they want to do in the game. FFers can be the best at what they do and gather massive amounts of XP with no punishment other than they are vulnerable to duelers. And even then we all know FFers just KO themselves after FF on the first dueler they see and they are safe to do what ever for 48 hours. And they never end up with a FFer level that makes them have to quit the game.

Last but not least, there are several easy fixes to this prob of it supposedly being abused. Put a level limit on the potion. You cant reset your dueling level till you are a certain level. Make it a level 99 potion, or level 120 potion. Or make it that you cant use the potion till your dueling level is 200 or 250. Or you can make so that it only will reset your dueling level 50% making it more costly if you were to try to abuse it. Or put a limit on how often you can use the dueling level buff. There are limits on the HP buffs, make a limit on the dueling level buff. only every 60 or 90 days, whatever you see fit. Make it a one time thing. An option to reset your dueling level once and then never again.

Anything other than "well your dueling level is to high for you to enjoy the game anymore so delete your account you have had for the last 2 years, put lots of RL $$$ and hundreds of hours into and either leave or start over." I didn't use the current dueling system to gather massive amounts of XP and level up and then ask for a redo. It took me well over a year to make it to level 120 and I have been playing for about 2 years. I play on 4 worlds now and I have learned from my mistakes on the first world. Like the Hernando's sword quest for example and also my dueling level I now keep in check. The other worlds are fun for me but my first and main account on W12 I have put soooo much time and $$$ into and i have made lots of friends along the way, and enemies too, that it would be a shame to have to throw that away for a lack of enjoyment now because of a high dueling level.

It would be an easy fix with these potions and with the right guidelines for it like a one time thing or your level limiting when you can use the potion it can not and will not be abused. Not to mention the fact that I would gladly spend more $$$ with Inno on the account I have than to start over from scratch. And most people feel the same way. If I quit W12 I will not start over, I will just be gone and that means lost revenue. This is a problem for many that can be an easy fix and with the right guidelines no one gets hurt.

DeletedUser14006

Second you are full of it if you think you can duel your way to level 120 in 4 weeks unless you are willing to spend an absolute fortune on energy and HP buffs and sit in front of the computer screen night and day. And even then the reseting of your dueling level isnt what would get you there its your ability to buy the HP and energy buffs. And its no different than giving you the option to reset your skills to beat anyone you want.

Twice I have dueled my way to level 75 in exactly four weeks using less than 1500 nuggets, and this was without the use of a DL resetting feature, with its use I can guarantee I could and would hit level 120 in under 8 weeks.

This is a problem for many that can be an easy fix and with the right guidelines no one gets hurt.

That many is actually a minority and there is no easy fix and lots of people would get hurt if your presented idea was implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29791

Derek dueling to level 75 and dueling to level 120 are 2 totally different things, and as I said if the potion is a level 99 or level 120 potion then you cant abuse it like you are saying. And also as i said before if its a one time potion you can only use once then there again it cant be abused like that.

DeletedUser14006

You, like Sagaris earlier are ignoring the facts here in your own selfish desire to see this hideous idea attain approval.

I will comment no more as it just seems to spur you on further, will instead let the majority have their say and if it gets into development discussions let the community make their decision.

DeletedUser

OK first of all this is not just my mistake. Many others have the same prob. And Kablook was on vaca mode before W15 came out cause he was one of the few targets I had so I know this.
Nice, so you're calling Kablook a liar. Kinda rude, don't you think?

As to the rest of your post, Halo, you benefited from a quick and easy way to get a buttload of xp, by dueling at 100% motivation. Now you want to eat your cake too, by having the ability to reset your duel level so you can rinse/repeat or stay at 0 mot, having already obtained the xp benefits of 100% mot.

I already posed alternatives that aren't self-serving, and instead have universal benefits/applicability. Right now, you're just being stubborn. As you need to present an idea that +80% of the community is willing to vote for, and as less than 10% have shown acceptance to, you should stop being so stubborn and start considering that maybe, just maybe your idea, as is, isn't good and needs to be adjusted.

Have an open mind, look at it from perspectives other than just yours.

DeletedUser16008

Take away the duel level and the xp at lvl 120 entirely. Base it on real lvl for xp only and if you cant defend yourself at lvl 120 tough cookies.

Getting beat up ? find a dueller to go get them back over and over for you & seeing as there would be plenty at lvl 120 everyone would have targets and as its part of tasks now even workers should be at it now... heck i get duelled by a worker every day on one world just so he gets his tasks done and hes welcome to.

Come on, think about it. High duel lvl kills worlds for duellers as it gets quieter you want more activity....... make it so....

PS have to find a way to stop lvl 120s hitting lower lvls tho to avoid bullying.

DeletedUser25480

atm DL is supposed to show how good someone is at dueling isn't it? well if its purpose is to show that and create a handicap based on your ability then it has a major flaw.

i could respec to a pure trader and yet my DL would still be double my actual lvl, how is this an accurate representation of my dueling ability? surely DL needs to go down over time/losses (a true representation of ability) or a potion implemented to allow this, as Halo said FF'ing and jobbing does get me much more exp than my 90+ mot dueling so why are duelers the only class penalized for it? you dont see FF'ers complaining they can only fight in certain forts because they're too good....

DeletedUser

Sagaris, you're not getting it!
After the first couple of weeks' play it becomes clear that duelling is not an open-ended career path like fort-fighting - you eventually hit the 'lack of opposition' limitation as you would hit the 'lack of questlines' if you went as a pure quester. That is obvious, so if you didn't like it then it would be easy enough to start over with a new toon. It seems that now you have run up against this entirely predictable limiting factor you want the game changed so you can keep the benefits without paying the penalty.
If you are low on opponents, just keep attacking them with pillows and they will never drop out of your range again, I guarantee it.

DeletedUser25480

Sagaris, you're not getting it!
After the first couple of weeks' play it becomes clear that duelling is not an open-ended career path like fort-fighting - you eventually hit the 'lack of opposition' limitation as you would hit the 'lack of questlines' if you went as a pure quester. That is obvious, so if you didn't like it then it would be easy enough to start over with a new toon. It seems that now you have run up against this entirely predictable limiting factor you want the game changed so you can keep the benefits without paying the penalty.
If you are low on opponents, just keep attacking them with pillows and they will never drop out of your range again, I guarantee it.

as i have already said i don't buy nuggets so whether this idea gets passed or not has no effect on me whatsoever. I just think that its a bit unfair on duelers how they are the only class who gets penalized for what they do.

DL is supposed to represent your skill at dueling yet it only represents your "best" time at dueling, if you respec the game still classes you as a dueler no matter what you do

DeletedUser

No Sagaris, it is a strawman argument because you are imposing a title to DL that isn't necessarily the case. DLs were installed into the game by Inno as a means to manage dueling, limit "farming" of xp & cash off non-duelers. Zero mot dueling exists as a feature exploitable by players who duel a lot (it is both a good and a bad, in that no xp is obtained, but cash can still be obtained). So while the rankings show those with the highest duel levels, that doesn't necessarily constitute best duelers. Instead it constitutes the list of players who obtained the most xp via dueling.

I.e., you posed a strawman.

DeletedUser13388

The best way to fix the problem with the too high dueling level is, if you not only win, but lose exp too.

As your dueling level rise with wins, it should decrease with losses and you should lose experience too.In my opinion its the best solution.

Its good for everyone - the regular duelers and the 0 motivation duelers.And on that way the dueling ranking will really show, who the best duelers are.
Even more, most of the 0 motivation duelers, wont be 0 motivation anymore, cause i am sure that they will prefer to duel knowledgeable duelers near their skill level, instead of forters, questers and once in a while some good duelers.

DeletedUser

DL is supposed to represent your skill at dueling yet it only represents your "best" time at dueling, if you respec the game still classes you as a dueler no matter what you do
I see where you're going wrong. As HS says, DL does not represent your duelling skill at all. When I started playing and my DL went up I thought "Great, now I will get better opponents and more experience" for about 2 days, until I realised that it was just a handicap that reduced the experience I would get from duelling the same person and make me more valuable to others. DL is the price you pay for a chance of quick bucks and level-up.

@Halo. Grats on making #1. I created a login to look at the rankings on w12. your duel level is 296, which means you can duel down to about level 212. There are about 50 characters with that level or higher, so I don't know how you figure you can only duel about 6 of them. Maybe a few are on vacation, but still......

DeletedUser25480

Let me give you an example...

In a game of golf your score dictates your handicap, the better you play the more of a handicap you get and thus the worse you play the less of a handicap you get.

In this game your "handicap" or DL cannot be reduced no matter how bad you duel once it has gone up, surely something needs to be done about this as you receive a handicap not for your current ability but for your peak dueling ability?

DeletedUser

The handicap argument is mine. I have no idea if Inno feels the same way on the subject.

DeletedUser29791

Well most anyone from W12 can tell you I like the challenge of dueling. I could care less about the XP and I didnt level up to 120 fast from dueling. I started dueling at level 65 and didnt even really figure it out till about 100. I reskilled FFer at 109 and FF my way to 120. Noe I am back dueler again and I have no targets.

I am not asking to have my cake and eat it too. I just want to be able to duel again. I still dont see the prob with a one time reset of your dueling level. Or even the potion to reset as many times as you want as long as its priced high enough that it wont be abused. 1k nuggets or 3K nuggets. You are acting like duelers get sooo much more XP than anyone else and this just isnt the facts.

With the current DL system duelers are punished either way they go. By chosing to be a dueler you either go low mot. and spend your time dueling and get nothing for it, or you duel with high mot. and get the XP but in return you run out of targets and your account is worthless to you. Either way its not fair. You can FF and get just as much or even more XP plus you used to get boxes and now bond, so you can be rewarded even more as a FFer but with no punishment at all.

Even if something as easy as dueling level dictates how much XP you get from the duel, but actual level dictates who you can hit was implemented that would fix the prob I have. So if you duel for XP then your dueling level goes up and at some point you are unable to get much XP from the duels but at least you still have targets so you dont have to abandon your account for lack of targets.

You said look at it from others point of view but also look at it from my point. I am a dueler and I love to duel. There should be no reason that my dueling level should end my dueling career. Nor should it be a handicap that can be exploited by low mot. duelers. The golf references keep being brought up, but this is not golf. Its old west dueling. Did the real gunslingers of the west get a handicap in a duel??? No they robbed and killed who they wanted. I am fine with limmiting my XP but not my targets. People standing all around me with the same amount or more AP/SP as i have who could attack and defend just as well as me if they so chose and i can duel anyone is not fair and should be fixed.

DeletedUser14006

I still dont see the prob with a one time reset of your dueling level.

It is because of this we are now going around in circles bud, you have your view and a few folk support it, then there is the view of the folk who are against the idea and they give valid reasons:

Interesting scenario: 120s beating up greenhorns

Do not like this idea at all. And it will not be beneficial for innogames in terms of money too. They will lose on low lvl players quitting more, than they would earn on high duelling lvl players buying those reset potions.

The way the dueling system works is low DL folk hitting high DL folk get rewarded with massive XP, by implementing this you can duel to gain crazy XP then simply reset and start over again.

It will make a mockery of the complete duel experience system and massively unbalance the game in favor of duelers.

A big no from me, if you want a low DL then go zero mot from the beginning.

We get it, this is about your mistake and hoping a global game change will fix it for you.

But, the change you're recommending will hurt break it for a lot of other players, and thus it's a self-serving proposal. Pose a different solution, one that serves a greater majority (like 80%).

Hey Sag I do see both sides of this but I can tell you from experience that it will be abused and if it's a option I'm probable a main culprit to do so.I'm also going to agree to disagree same as Derek for the moment as I need more convincing.

I already posed alternatives that aren't self-serving, and instead have universal benefits/applicability. Right now, you're just being stubborn. As you need to present an idea that +80% of the community is willing to vote for, and as less than 10% have shown acceptance to, you should stop being so stubborn and start considering that maybe, just maybe your idea, as is, isn't good and needs to be adjusted.

Have an open mind, look at it from perspectives other than just yours.

So instead of going over old ground constantly, put forward this idea to the relevant section in 'Development Discussions' and let the community decide.

DeletedUser

Halo, I went zero mot dueling in world 11 (I think it was that world). I ended up getting over 10k duels and was leveling so slow that I got bored. In W1, I had a character I maxed leveled, dueling with 100% mot all the time. You do indeed go up in levels far quicker if you're dueling at 100%. There's a win/loss with zero mot / 100% mot. It's a CHOICE. If you go 100% mot, level up to 120 and then think to get your duel level dropped, too bad. You made the choice to go 100%. If you didn't know better, so be it. There are 15 worlds, create another character and go zero mot in one of the other worlds.

As it is, you want a pill that reverses the bad parts of your CHOICE, but leaves the good parts intact. As so many of us have stated so many times already, you can't have your cake and eat it too. There are a multitude of ways to play this game, to obtain xp, to collect cash, to rank. If you're really into dueling, and want to do it forever, zero mot is the way to go. If you want to rank up and level up quick while dueling, 100% mot is the way to go.

Present something that "works" for everyone, not just for the handful of high DLs to the detriment of most everyone else. Game balance dude, game balance.

DeletedUser29791

How is it at the detriment to most of the players in the game if there is a potion to reset your dueling level 50% 1 time??? I would still have a dueling level of over 200. And just one time means you can get XP form dueling and then reset 50% one time so that you are not so badly punished for it. No other choice punishes you so badly as to ruin your ability to play the game.

You can FF all you want and then reskill and quest or duel. Then if you want to come back and FF some more then you can BUY A POTION and RESET YOUR SP and go right back to FFing.

Like I said I can understand you not wanting duelers to rest their dueling level over and over and just rack up XP, but there has to be something other than deleting your account and starting a new one when you run out of targets.