Votes: 78 87.6%
  • No I would not!

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

I know I have no say in it. Nobody here has any say in how ANY ideas are implemented, so that statement applies to every single idea that is posted. Ridiculous.

Yes it is giving bonuses to people, but it is also giving towns more to do than just go and build an 8th or 9th town.

How will the bonuses be exploited? Please explain this because I don't see how any of the bonuses listed can be exploited. There are not any massive bonuses in there and I have already said that if you can see any problems with them then tell me the specifics and we can discuss how to make it more even. You have yet to give me any specific ways in which it is unfair or can be exploited, so how am I supposed to do anything about that?

Let me make myself very clear:

The aim is for the bonuses to be small, so as not to be too advantageous for people.

This is not completely about the bonuses, it is about extending towns, giving town members more to do and creating some kind of individuality about towns.

I WANT to discuss any way it can be exploited, or any way it would be unfair, so that we can edit the original post and come up with some suggestions that are fair.

No, if the Devs take it up, I don't have a say, but if we can present them with a fair and balanced idea I am sure they would keep to those ideals.

DeletedUser

You're misinterpreting the word exploited.

All it means is that leaders will use/exploit this idea to grow even stronger. While independent towns struggle to attract citizens.

If the bonuses are insignificant, then what is the point? For the sake of giving citizens something to do? Jees, thank the lord i'm not in any of your towns :laugh: Look around every world and see how many towns are not maxed out.

The Forts will offer towns/players plenty opportunity for fresh new game play. New buildings, new weapons, who knows what else. All available to every town, no matter what size, who are part of the Fort holders.

imo there is no place for this idea.

DeletedUser1105

All available to every town, no matter what size, who are part of the Fort holders.

Key words 'Fort Holders'. LOTS of small towns are not going to be big enough or strong enough to hold a fort, and all of these big alliances that you mention will be gobbling these forts up. There will be no room for smaller towns because of the pure number of alliance towns involved with forts.

My idea is truly available to all towns whereas forts won't be. You are for Forts yet your arguments are more relevent to them than my idea.

All it means is that leaders will use/exploit this idea to grow even stronger. While independent towns struggle to attract citizens.
Is this not the case with forts? Big alliances will take the forts - players will want to join towns involved in the forts and independent towns struggle to attract citizens. How is that different? At least with my idea small towns can get the bonuses regardless of what any other towns are doing.

If the bonuses are insignificant, then what is the point?

At no point have I said they are insignificant. I have said they are small. Small does not mean insignificant. If you look at the actual bonuses, they are all helpful and worth having. What I meant was that they would not be too big so that they become too advantageous or powerful.

DeletedUser

3 Forts per sector will be more than enough to go round imo but hey I might be wrong. Many founders I have spoken to are looking at localized alliances for the sole purpose of having a Fort between smaller towns rather than get gobbled up in some some big alliance.

Knock your self out with this, i've said my piece.

DeletedUser1105

Even if 3 were enough, it is still unfair.

I assume that the biggest fort will have the best upgrades/bonuses/items whatever. No small town has a cat in hells chance of getting hold of a big fort, because the alliances will be over them like a rash.

So it still creates an imbalace. And to quote you: "Folks of bigger towns will have an even greater advantage over smaller towns"

DeletedUser

40 Large Forts per World. I would be struggling to find an alliance strong enough to hold that many.

DeletedUser

Even if 3 were enough, it is still unfair.

I assume that the biggest fort will have the best upgrades/bonuses/items whatever. No small town has a cat in hells chance of getting hold of a big fort, because the alliances will be over them like a rash.

So it still creates an imbalace. And to quote you: "Folks of bigger towns will have an even greater advantage over smaller towns"
Uhhh, why should small towns get access to the best forts anyway?

If they don't have the resources, they don't have the resources. Why therefore punish those towns that good and rich the right way instead of handing out charity.

DeletedUser

This thread is for discussion but not for going in circles all the time.

There's no stopping the idea getting to a vote and it's not up to us it's up to the devs. We are merely showing an idea a lot of people like.

If you have posted you like the idea, thank you for your contribution and unless you have something new to say please don't contribute.

If you have posted you dislike the idea, thank you for your contribution and unless you have something new to say please don't contribute.

Thank you

DeletedUser

I didnt see this in the summary but make it so that the building has 10 levels and each level gives enough research points so by level 10 you hit approx half of the amount of research.

Assume 10 paths and total of 50 levels

Level 1: 2 research points
Level 5: 10 research points
level 10: 20 research points

It would extend the amount of money needed to amass the upgrades so it doesnt fill too quickly?.

Great idea regardless.

DeletedUser1105

I don't understand what it is you mean, can you explain it again please?

DeletedUser

Assume 10 paths of research consisting of 5 upgrades to each like the original idea totaling 50 total possible upgrade points. Only 20 out of the 50 can be researched and with each building level you get 2 Research points which can be used on 2 technology levels.

Level 1: 2 research points
Level 5: 10 research points
level 10: 20 research points

Constructing a level 1 research lab or what not will let you research 2 technologys so thats 2 out of 50 able to be used at that low level.

Hope that made alitte more sense im a lazy typer.

DeletedUser1105

I think I understand now.

This original idea is that the research lab is able to be upgraded which will reduce the research points needed towards each upgrade, so that is already taken.

To add a slight twist to your idea, we could add another research section (i.e. an 11th path), with each level 'unlocking' a new tier of research? The upgrades would be 'free' in the sense that they would not use up your allocation of levels (i.e. you could completely upgrade this one and still have 20 of the 50 levels to upgrade). They would still cost money and research points (like construction points) to build though.#

So, you would first build the Research Lab (Costing money, labor and possible items like wood nails etc as per forts)
Then you have to research 'Research Level 1'. Again, this costs money and labor. Once this was completed each Level 1 Tier research from each category would be unlocked, and you would be able to research any or all of those.

To research any of the level 2 tier researches, you would have to research 'Research Level 2' first.

At any time you could upgrade the Research Lab to reduce the amount of labor needed to research anything.

What do you think?

DeletedUser

the original plan was a great idea either way but that sounds like a better way of going about it since requiring higher levels to reach higher tiers would be alot better.

DeletedUser

Wow this idea sounds Great, it would add more work for the builders when a town is complete so they wont have to just move on

DeletedUser

The Forts have similar types of bonuses so if the devs were going to put it into the towns they will already have a good idea of the layout i imagine.

DeletedUser

alright i love the idea, and think it would be great, ive just got a cccouple of things to say. first off one of the reasons i really lie this idea is that it puts the hurt down more on wandering adventurers, giving them another rreason to join a town.

Military Research
Level 1: You learn a new defensive tactic. All members get 5 tactics skill points (lost when you leave town, of course)

would this be for duels only or jobs too? jst clarifying.

Military Research
Level 2: You learn something new about guns (God knows what, this is hard!). All members get 20 LP's towards all jobs with 'Shooting'

please dont make there a bias twords ranged duelers, as this helps their job progression but not melee duelers.

DeletedUser

oh i alsowanted to ask if the horse breeding reasearch is 25 percent more i.e. if its 200 now it would be 250, or just pure 25 so i.e 200 to 225, im thinking this percent is a little low, cause right now even at the maximum level it woudnt change you walking times very oticably, or at least not on par with every other reasearches benefits

DeletedUser

I think I understand now.

This original idea is that the research lab is able to be upgraded which will reduce the research points needed towards each upgrade, so that is already taken.

To add a slight twist to your idea, we could add another research section (i.e. an 11th path), with each level 'unlocking' a new tier of research? The upgrades would be 'free' in the sense that they would not use up your allocation of levels (i.e. you could completely upgrade this one and still have 20 of the 50 levels to upgrade). They would still cost money and research points (like construction points) to build though.#

So, you would first build the Research Lab (Costing money, labor and possible items like wood nails etc as per forts)
Then you have to research 'Research Level 1'. Again, this costs money and labor. Once this was completed each Level 1 Tier research from each category would be unlocked, and you would be able to research any or all of those.

To research any of the level 2 tier researches, you would have to research 'Research Level 2' first.

At any time you could upgrade the Research Lab to reduce the amount of labor needed to research anything.

What do you think?

I think its a good idea. Add it to the OP. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.