• No I would not!

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

thanks Sdjx
i think, maybe People resreach(not sure about the name)
each lvl increase the limited of the residence

Diggo11

People research :laugh: Sorry it's a good idea it just sounds a little odd to discover people :p

Anyway if your really stuck you could go back to the old industry thread.

DeletedUser14280

Has the exact cost of research come up on this thread?

I was thinking, while I read this, that an alternative to limiting the total number of research levels you can get,
could be to greatly increase the cost of doing new research.

If you're getting your first research level, it might cost just, say, 300 dollars total.
But if you're trying to max out everything, you might need over $1,000,000, or something.

That way, it'd be less profitable to do everything, instead of getting one line of research and putting the rest of the money in construction.

DeletedUser

i said i was not sure about the name
so maybe Resident resreach, who know

DeletedUser

That's a good idea Ferocite, but it would kinda step on the toes of the extra energy premium if I had 5 levels of increasing energy research, and it may result in less money spent on premium, so I don't think innogames would go for that.

And anhlong, see the first post - it's all there.

I thought about that prior to posting. But the way I see it, it doesn't boost your max energy like to premium does. Premium gives you 150 Energy and faster regen. What I suggested only gives a faster regen to HP and Energy.

Diggo11

So does that mean my More Energy premium will only be half as expensive? Nice idea but wouldn't work unfortunately.

@ Celxius - doing so would unbalance the game to much imo.

Technological Research
Level 1: Jobs can be performed 5% faster.
Level 2: Labour points increase by 5% for all jobs.
Level 3: Duellers weapons damage is boosted by 10%.
Level 4: Jobs can be performed 10% faster.
Level 5: Labour points increase by 10% for all jobs.

Educational Research**
Level 1: All other bonuses are increased by 10%
Level 2: All other bonuses are increased by 20%
Level 3: All other bonuses are increased by 30%
Level 4: All other bonuses are increased by 40%
Level 5: All other bonuses are increased by 50% (to clarify a 10% bonus would become 15%, not 60%)

**These bonuses would be changed depending on how many research levels can be performed as to not imbalance the game.

Last edited:

Diggo11

For example a hour job takes 55 minutes instead of the regular 60. Not really a good bonus but that could be tweaked.

DeletedUser

I'm going to move this idea over just because I think it's worth discussing for the few weeks 'til it goes to the devs.

DeletedUser1105

Thanks Gem.

I'll add those suggestions to the main post Diggo, thank you.

We still need a few more, I think. Then again, if the Developers like this I am sure they will come up with thier own.

DeletedUser

i think this is a great idea and has my vote.

@celxius - i'm in agreement with diggo. i think it would unbalance it as it would mean only the large towns could afford it whereas atm this benifits everyone. Also i think it would remove the tatical aspect of chosing what to do which is one of the things i like the most about this idea.

As for more fields of reserch you could put in one called craftsmanship reserch that would increase the chance of getting precise/ fancy items in your stores.
not quite sure how that could be implemented regularly though and would have to be done before the stores go up a level so might not work.

Could also try Observational reserch which would increase luck in jobs.

DeletedUser1105

Those are good ideas galt, but I don't know if they would work.

The fancy/precise item one depends how it is coded to give items. If it's completly random then it would require a lot of work I am guessing. Then there is the argument that fancy items are not always the best items for a given job. There is also the consideration that this would probably be done after the shops have been maxed and the stock is set in stone.

The luck one is interesting though. There is a premium that increases luck though, so I don't know if that would be a barrier. What do people think?

DeletedUser

Just a guess, but I would think that the devs would prefer to not add things that emulate premium features.

I like where this is goin' though. Could bring an interesting dynamic to the game.

DeletedUser

as i said wasn't sure if they would work or not and your right looks like they won't.

oh well good effort though sdjxx

DeletedUser

Like I said before, I'm totally against this idea.
The game should not be made easier by giving away bonuses. Also the big towns who can afford to build these new buildings will suck up all the citizens, leading to class divides within the world, those with and those without.

What separates this from the nomal buildings is that I can go shop at any town, get my clothing, go back to my town and take my clothing bonuses with me. This idea will lead to a massive percentage of new players going to bigger towns to receive these free bonuses.

IMO not good for the game.

DeletedUser1105

Dazzy, you are not understanding this at all.

Every town can research these bonuses, and every town will have different bonuses. So yes, a bigger town will get their bonuses earlier but they also get thier shops upgraded earlier and tha doesn't seem to bother you?

A small town will have advantages over a bigger town in some ways as it will have some bonuses that the bigger town does not have, and vice versa.

DeletedUser

I think this is a good Idea that could work as long as the bonuses from research are small and simple , and don't encroach on premium.

If the bonuses become too elaborate or start to be seen as an alternative to premium then , I think that's where we start to run into problems.

Keep it simple and modest guys ;)

DeletedUser

Dazzy, you are not understanding this at all.

I understand it completely.

Every town can research these bonuses, and every town will have different bonuses. So yes, a bigger town will get their bonuses earlier but they also get thier shops upgraded earlier and tha doesn't seem to bother you?

As I have posted already, twice actually! The difference is that the shops are open to all players to come and purchase. Your new buildings are not.
Big alliances will be drooling over this idea. Dueler only towns will have all the fighting bonuses, money making towns will have all the job bonuses. Each member town can be instructed to build certain buildings.

A small town will have advantages over a bigger town in some ways as it will have some bonuses that the bigger town does not have, and vice versa.

Hmmm, doubt that very much.

DeletedUser1105

Big alliances will be drooling over this idea. Dueler only towns will have all the fighting bonuses, money making towns will have all the job bonuses. Each member town can be instructed to build certain buildings.

Yes, member towns could be instructed to, but only them members of that specific town would get the benefit so it's actually LESS of a benefit than having member towns with shops. You can get in free and take the the clothes with you, but you can't take the bonuses. You cant have the bonuses of two towns, so you have to decide which to have.

And most towns are not dueller-only or adventurer-only, so I am sure most towns would have a mix of benefits to suit their individual town.

The duelling bonuses are tailored towards the defensive, so they are relevent to non-duellers too. Yes, duellers may choose duelling benefits and money makers choose job ones - but isn't that what people do with skill points and such? There are no major research levels that are going to give anyone a massive advantage. If there are, please point them out and they can be edited. That is the whole point of this discussion.

What is there to doubt? Its a guaranteed fact. Town A is a "big" town. Town B is a "small" town. Town A researches 10 levels of research, and Town B researches 10 different levels of research. Now, each town has 10 advantages over the other town, because they are each getting 10 bonuses that the other town is not. It's common sense.

I fail to see where this becomes a bad thing for smaller towns. The idea is that the bonuses won't be that big anyway. And I have already stated that before it goes to vote I'd like some help with making sure that the bonuses are evenly matched and not too advantageous for any one particular group or town dynamic.

DeletedUser

Yes, member towns could be instructed to, but only them members of that specific town would get the benefit so it's actually LESS of a benefit than having member towns with shops. You can get in free and take the the clothes with you, but you can't take the bonuses. You cant have the bonuses of two towns, so you have to decide which to have.

!!! But you already have the shops remember :unsure: and members will chose which towns to join depending on what bonuses are available.

And most towns are not dueller-only or adventurer-only, so I am sure most towns would have a mix of benefits to suit their individual town.

Towns will change to suit this. Good alliance leaders will exploit these bonuses.

The duelling bonuses are tailored towards the defensive, so they are relevent to non-duellers too. Yes, duellers may choose duelling benefits and money makers choose job ones - but isn't that what people do with skill points and such? There are no major research levels that are going to give anyone a massive advantage. If there are, please point them out and they can be edited. That is the whole point of this discussion.

You are not a Dev so have no say whatsoever in the bonuses that will be in the final draft. All you are doing is giving yet more free bonuses to people, right after the implementaion of Character Sets, which give massive bonuses already.

I fail to see where this becomes a bad thing for smaller towns. The idea is that the bonuses won't be that big anyway. And I have already stated that before it goes to vote I'd like some help with making sure that the bonuses are evenly matched and not too advantageous for any one particular group or town dynamic.

As above.

Status
Not open for further replies.