Votes: 78 87.6%
  • No I would not!

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

That's a good point. I only didn't put unlimited because I assumed there was a reason for them only having limited limits. I'll include unlimited in the OP.

DeletedUser

I love this ideea ... it is shown that you put a lot of work in it anyways... i saw some researches that i didn see their descriptions so i thought at one... The boot thieving research. I though that for every level it would give +10%speed for all the members of the town so at the 5th lvl every member will have a total bonus of 50%. This is jus an idea. Sorry for the bad writing im in a hurry . Cheers^^

DeletedUser

I was thinking...should Health Research give you a set amount of extra HP or an extra % based on your current HP. For instance, for someone with 1200 HP an extra 100 isn't such a big deal. But for someone with say 500 HP another 100 is a significant amount for them.

Having it be a % would make the health bonus more likely relative to the level of your character which sort of makes more sense to me.

I like where all of this is going though.

DeletedUser

Great idea sdj well done and well written too. For the skills needed I would suggest heavy on fine motor skills with some repairing and reflex.

DeletedUser

I was thinking...should Health Research give you a set amount of extra HP or an extra % based on your current HP. For instance, for someone with 1200 HP an extra 100 isn't such a big deal. But for someone with say 500 HP another 100 is a significant amount for them.

Having it be a % would make the health bonus more likely relative to the level of your character which sort of makes more sense to me.

I like where all of this is going though.

Good point.

I love this ideea ... it is shown that you put a lot of work in it anyways... i saw some researches that i didn see their descriptions so i thought at one... The boot thieving research. I though that for every level it would give +10%speed for all the members of the town so at the 5th lvl every member will have a total bonus of 50%. This is jus an idea. Sorry for the bad writing im in a hurry . Cheers^^

Considering some other ones in the mockup are Evil Monkey Research and Onion Research I'd say it's a reference to Gem. But a speed bonus is good idea anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Yes, the Boot Theiving research isn't a serious suggestion, as much as I like that. I will had a category for speed now.

Good idea Denisero, I'll amend it to percentages.

Quantillo, that's a good suggestion but I don't think it should rely on one attribute too heavily.

EDIT: Have amended the OP with these ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just doing a couple of mockups, and thought of a name: University. What do you think?

DeletedUser

I prefer workshop. Who ever heard of a university in a frontier town?

DeletedUser1105

Yeah workshop would work. I did like University, but as mentioned it doesn't quite fit.

We have 5 categories now. I'd like to come up with 10 at least, so that we really will get many different varieties of towns.

DeletedUser

Well here you go:

Attachments

• researchtownhall.jpg
    researchtownhall.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 41
  • researchresearches.jpg
    researchresearches.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 35
  • researchconstruction.jpg
    researchconstruction.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 39

Diggo11

What can I say? Brilliant!

[spoil]Boot Thieving Research
Level 1: You have a 5% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 10% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 15% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 20% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 25% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel[/spoil]

Reactions: Gem

DeletedUser

trade job is not for high lvl player, i think it should be trading with indian

DeletedUser

I think "Trading" means any job that has the trading skill. Not sure on that though.

DeletedUser

What can I say? Brilliant!

[spoil]Boot Thieving Research
Level 1: You have a 5% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 10% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 15% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 20% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel
Level 1: You have a 25% chance of stealing an opponents shoes in a duel[/spoil]

I...don't know what to say...*controls urges to move that exact post to development.

I like it!

DeletedUser

Great Idea! I think the research facility should be called the library.

DeletedUser

"Military Research
Level 1: You learn a new defensive tactic. All members get 5 tactics skill points "

On the topic of skill points, would these be movable with the shaman? Personally I hope they are treated as bonus skill points and non movable.

DeletedUser

Just another way to kill off the smaller towns in every world. Biased for big gamers and wannabe alliance kings.

I vote no.

DeletedUser1105

"Military Research
Level 1: You learn a new defensive tactic. All members get 5 tactics skill points "

On the topic of skill points, would these be movable with the shaman? Personally I hope they are treated as bonus skill points and non movable.

No, these would just be bonus ones. Maybe it would be best if I re-wrote that and had it as a percentage bonus?

Just another way to kill off the smaller towns in every world. Biased for big gamers and wannabe alliance kings.
How so? Small towns can still reseach and get the same benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.