Request to stop the spread of keys

DeletedUser

I'm not really all that active on any world anymore, but I've been online for enough battles to see a few things, and see how lopsided the GGs have made things.

Mezonis, you site the 03/10/2011 JEDI BASE as an example that shows that things aren't that imbalanced. I would argue the exact opposite. I don't know who was leading that attack, and I don't want to be unkind. But, there were people in county chat from The Alliance laughing at how absurd of an attack it was. The fact that that battle was as close as it was shows how imbalanced things are. That attack seemed like it was either led by someone very new to fort battles, or by someone who actually wanted to lose just so they didn't win every time.

The Alliance hasn't done anything unfair, and I don't know if there is any real kind of solution to the problem. Any solution that asks people not to use GGs or asks people to discourage more people from getting GGs is just silly.

Let's compare 2 large fort attacks that The Alliance has had this year

01/06/2011 - Fort FOS - http://www.westforts.com/en12/battles/battle/7699
Attackers average hp=2080, Defender average hp=2199.
Attackers did 277,621 damage on 1172 hits for an average of 236 per hit.
Defenders did 239,893 damage on 1020 hits for an average of 235 per hit.

I wasn't at that battle, but that stats are relatively even, with the defenders hold a little of a hp advantage. Yet the attackers managed to overcome that advantage and win the battle.

03/10/2011 - JEDI BASE - http://www.westforts.com/en12/battles/battle/9100
Attackers average hp= 2249 Defender average hp= 2558
Attackers did 249,449 damage on 893 hits for an average of 279 per hit.
Defenders did 333,245 damage on 1282 hits for an average of 259 per hit.

Defenders have a decent hp advantage, but the attackers have an big 20 damage advatange per hit. The attackers lost this battle as a result of bizarre strategy where it appeared they didn't really care much about winning the fort.

Now compare it to:
03/03/2011 - Chris...ricks - http://www.westforts.com/en12/battles/battle/8945
Attackers average hp= 2287 Defender average hp= 2491
Attackers did 302,411 damage on 1046 hits for an average 289 per hit.
Defenders did 294,773 damage on 1148 hits for an average of 256 per hit.

Defenders have a hp advantage, but here the attackers have ridiculous 33 damage advantage per hit. The attackers won this battle. I was offline for it, so don't know much about how close it really was.

Prior to all the GG popping up both sides were able to win both attacks and defenses. Defenses had the uphand (as it should be), so winning an attack was a challenge. The challenge makes things fun an interesting it was possible for each side to win an attack but wasn't easy for either side.

This is no longer the case, it's just too imbalanced. And looking at the average damage doesn't even take into account the attack/defense bonus that GGs give. Again, no player deserves blame for this. GGs provide a big advantage, so any competitive person that is able to get it will obviously try to get it.

Personally I have less and less time for the game and being the underdog can be fun if there is still some semblance of balance. This really isn't the case any more, and as a non-premium player trying to get a GG for myself to balance things isn't really much of an option. So, I'll just continue to log in less and less...

The situation is similar to what it was at the start of the world. The majority of the top towns allied together and had a large hp and weapon (average damage) advantage every battle. Things got balanced through the efforts of Mean Girls and company to really urge people to keep leveling, don't neglect health, and get the best gun you can. These are things people can do. Getting a GG requires either a many months or real dollars for buying nuggets. It's a lot harder to convince people to real money on nuggets rather than game cash on a better gun, especially on a game the is increasingly imbalanced.

P.S. Just writing this response really took more time than I want to be giving to the game at this point, so I apologize in advance if I don't respond to anyone one that responds to this.

DeletedUser

Geez where do I even start to begin on responses lol. Some things I agree with and some I don't, but tht doesn't change anything. Like you said kayak, it's silly to think golden guns will stop in any direction and that someone has the capability of stopping that.

I like to put myself in other peoples shoes sometimes. I like to think of how I would feel if the tables were turned. I guess if they were then I would be frustrated as well, but again the only realistic solution for fun battles is for IHLAG to get more GG's or wait until update does not stack bonus (isn't this what beta is for? speaking of, where's our poker?).

I have had "world domination" goal from the start joais. Whether it was realistic or not, I think anyone in game with a super competitive nature has it. It's still possible to work for fun fights and have that goal, as I and a lot of us have done with each other.

I don't think IHLAG will go away.

I don't think many will quit because of GG. Game is too addicting for us junkies to quit based on anything other then RL issues.

Don't hate the player, hate the game ;) (sorry it just fit for this topic)

DeletedUser23701

P.S. Just writing this response really took more time than I want to be giving to the game at this point, so I apologize in advance if I don't respond to anyone one that responds to this.

Yes kayak, it takes time to play game.
I mean play for real.
It's not like login once or twice per day, attend some FF.
It worked before, and as you and many others say, fights were balanced and same time, it asked only little time from you. Sometimes just to move to fort and take point.
Is it really challenge and fun?

In one sense I totally agree, that GG made difference to fort fights.

All have chance to get GG, only it requires something from each and anyone.
If you nerf GG bonuses, many won't want to go after them as spent efforts/money won't give you any difference. Means less money for Inno.
Non premium players will not go for GG anyway.

In short, dilemma.
Spend money and get GG to be able to balance FF, or do not spend money and wait while devs introduce some balance (assumed balance).

Sorry, but we voiced NO to full premium in older worlds.
I bet Inno will go money way this time as well.

With this said, I'm stopping to even argue about GG topic as it's useless.
We get devs attention already.

DeletedUser

Here are my thoughts. The Golden Guns have severely changed fort battling. They have caused an imbalance in an otherwise balanced world. Yes, as Mez said, MG can get more GGs and make it balanced again. That is really not possible for people who are not premium--which was InnoGames point most likely.

No matter what, GGs are here and there is nothing we can do about that. In my opinion, they have simply taken the challenge and fun out of fort battling. For our alliance, it has been too easy (and that is not a shot at IHLAG). Our fighters have lost the value of teamwork and selfless battling (not all--but MANY). I see no challenge in defending a fort or attacking a fort anymore. I see no fun in fighting along selfish damage seekers who are happy to hang in the back of towers until the fight is nearly over! It reminds me too much of a certain person we got rid of a long time ago.

One of two things are going to happen. Those of us "old-school" guys and gals are going to end up leaving the game, or we will find some way of getting the balance back that made this by far the best and most active world on the server.

As for now, I am reskilling as a dueler and boycotting fort fights for a bit. Yes, I will slip in the rankings, but who really cares? Have fun with your multis and 20-round large fort battles.

DeletedUser20647

OAN I remember a fight 2 or 3 nights ago where you didn't block north on the big fort.
You sure GGs win fights and not the strategy? Seeing how your alliance one day plays perfectly and the other day makes amateurish mistakes... I'm really not *that* sure that it's about any GG.
Blocking north is so 2010, all the cool people block south now.

DeletedUser

Since IHLAG and TA seem to be bored with fort battles, perhaps they would be interested in seeing some PvE content. Of course, the Reborn Alliance would be glad to take all of your forts ;)

DeletedUser

oh ballin' sorry lol...geez didn't think i'd be out of the "cool" crowd at 30. guess sitting on the west for 2 years didn't help.

and rice, we're bored because reborn calls these battles that can be won with a golden shoe. I vote banning the golden shoe battles.

DeletedUser

gaga, I believe MG finally got some players from Poland. But unlike you, I tend to like Finns more. :)

DeletedUser

don't bother with it too much rice, first it's not gold but glass, and second, it doesn't fit on your foot.

DeletedUser

I know, but it's crazy how level 121 is SO hard to get to. No one has been able to do it yet.

DeletedUser

I was talking about level caps for fort battles; hp caps would work too. For example, there could be 10 forts with caps to allow lower levels to compete with everybody else.

DeletedUser

Yea, well, we wouldn't want to do favors to zero mot duelists, right? ;)