Reputation System

DeletedUser

Just wanted to remind everyone there is a reputation system on the forum. If you see a post you really like you can give the poster positive rep. If you see a post you disagree with you can give the poster negative rep.

rep.jpg

Just click on the scales on the post you want to rep. If you give good rep leave them a comment. If you are giving negative rep you must leave a comment. The rep system is blind, in that the receiver doesn't know who has repped them.

Please don't abuse the reporting system by sending insulting messages to another player. All forum rules apply to any rep you give. The receiver may not know who sent it but staff does and we will infract for inappropriate comments.

Rep is a fun way to show support to your fellow forum members. Instead of leaving a post saying "QFT" or "LOL" (which are against forum rules as they are one word posts) you can give the poster rep with those comments. Rep someone today!

You can see how much rep you have and the comments that have been left by accessing the User CP screen. You can see where you stand in the rankings by clicking on Member List at the top of the page and sorting by Reputation.

DeletedUser

denisero, not to be off topic but i hate the reputation sistem, i get red rep all the time for stuff i posted in off topic from people say, thats not funny as the comment!!!! ive neveer recieved a serous reputation, oh and in suggestions ive gotten alot of red rep simply because i had a civil disagreement with the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think people are just too lazy to even bother with giving reputation.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I get reputation but I can't give much out because of it's restrictions, unless I give it to strangers.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the reputation system is definitely broken. There are far better ways to go about the reputation system but the powers that be seem to ignore us when we say it. Everyone knows it's broken which is why people have pretty much stopped bothering with using it.

DeletedUser

The powers that be cannot change a broken forum adon as they cannot access the code (Not that a forum admin should be expected to tailor adons to the forum). ;)

DeletedUser

Can you at least tell us like how many people we have to rep before we can rep the same person again? And how many rep we can give in a certain amount of time before we get the dreaded message we have repped too many people for the day?

DeletedUser

I've gotten the message at least 10 times in a row that I have to rep someone else first, and it was someone else each time. I haven't been able to rep anyone in about a month.

DeletedUser

The powers that be cannot change a broken forum adon as they cannot access the code (Not that a forum admin should be expected to tailor adons to the forum). ;)

Well then who CAN change it and when are we going to get this to them?

DeletedUser

I'm relatively familiar with this interface it's likely around 20+ people you need to +rep before same doing person again.

You can't rep same post twice ever.

The higher your reputation the more points you can add or remove from someone.

If you have negative rep you can rep but it won't make any difference.

reputation.jpg

+rep me if this is helpful. ;)

DeletedUser

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn. :D

DeletedUser

(negative) Reputation System 26-07-2009 11:26 PM hrrrm hi lolo0lol

i recieved that because of the post i made on this thread, case in point

DeletedUser

So now that we've seen those options, can we finally change this reputation system to make more sense now?

DeletedUser

Because the reputation system is built into the forum and that is what we use.

DeletedUser

Perhaps when we upgrade to the new forum version I'll be able to get those reputation options, however we do not have them at the moment.