Reputation query

DeletedUser23201

So i tried giving rep to a person this morning and got a message "you must spread reputation around etc etc"
so my question is how many people must i rep to be able to rep a person a 2nd time?? and does that value change as you get more rep i.e. the higher the rep you have the less people you must spread to before 2nd repping a player?

I ask because i got repped 3 times in 2 minutes by the same player and find it unfair i can return the favour

DeletedUser22685

You can give 10 reps within 24 hours and you must give 10 reps before giving it back to the same player. This doesn't change no matter your rep.

Deleted User - 1278415

When mods give or take away rep does it take away at a higher rate? or is it always a 1+ or a 1-

DeletedUser

When mods give or take away rep does it take away at a higher rate? or is it always a 1+ or a 1-

No and no. Modding does not influence the rep points. Only the number of posts and rep received. For example: I am a mod, I give/take more than a newcommer, but not more than Hellstromm, who's not a mod, but has more posts and rep dots than me. The fact that I am a mod doesn't add to the amount I give/take at all.

DeletedUser23201

Id beg to differ on that dudie. Its one thing being able to multi rep buts another thing to do it. as futu stated above we need to rep 10 other people before re-repping and must still wait 24hrs, correct me if im wrong but this is to avoid abuse such as multi repping up or down a player, so how is getting - repped 3 times in 2 minutes not an abuse?? Are we not all equals who are supposed to abide by the same rules??

Deleted User - 1278415

but not more than Hellstromm, who's not a mod, but has more posts and rep dots than me. The fact that I am a mod doesn't add to the amount I give/take at all.

ok that is the part I'm not understanding. As I had never heard that it made a difference while I was a mod... but I heard from a mod in the "post your rep area" that players who have more posts and rep points take more when they green/red rep or something. I never paid it much attention to the post as i thought they were saying it in jest.

Until another one of the mods red repped me then it made me start to wonder if they are such high level of green rep does it take more green away since they have an absurd amount of spammy posts and green rep over me.

So lets drop the mod part of the conversation if someone say hellstromm has more green rep and posts than me how many does it knock me down when he were to red rep me?
I mean it doesnt put a post counter out there, I have to keep track of the counter at all times until someone reps me to figure out who has the mightier red rep pen.

DeletedUser

Id beg to differ on that dudie. Its one thing being able to multi rep buts another thing to do it. as futu stated above we need to rep 10 other people before re-repping and must still wait 24hrs, correct me if im wrong but this is to avoid abuse such as multi repping up or down a player, so how is getting - repped 3 times in 2 minutes not an abuse?? Are we not all equals who are supposed to abide by the same rules??
I have to rep 10 others and wait a day until I can give to the same person again. Only the CM is not subject to it. And if you feel like someone abused the system, you need to send a PM to the other CM and present your facts. The system is made in such a way by Inno not by the CM, that the CM can repeatedly rep.
ok that is the part I'm not understanding. As I had never heard that it made a difference while I was a mod... but I heard from a mod in the "post your rep area" that players who have more posts and rep points take more when they green/red rep or something. I never paid it much attention to the post as i thought they were saying it in jest.

Until another one of the mods red repped me then it made me start to wonder if they are such high level of green rep does it take more green away since they have an absurd amount of spammy posts and green rep over me.

So lets drop the mod part of the conversation if someone say hellstromm has more green rep and posts than me how many does it knock me down when he were to red rep me?
I mean it doesnt put a post counter out there, I have to keep track of the counter at all times until someone reps me to figure out who has the mightier red rep pen.
I am not sure how much he gives/takes. But as much as he gives he also takes and is 10 or over. And yes, it all depends on his post count and reputation received. And don't get me started on "spammy posts", because that sounds to much like rule breaking. The posts in off topic don't count.

DeletedUser22685

You give one point as soon as you get enough rep/posts to not give grey (not sure what that is), then one more point for every year you've been registered, one more for every 1000 posts and one more for every 1000 rep you receive. Negative rep is worth half your positive rep, and all off topic reps are worth half of reps outside off topic.

Deleted User - 1278415

Outstanding answer Futu.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. I would green rep you but I havent been so generous with rep apparently to give you another yet.