Idea:

remove the option to upgrade items.

Reason:

Elitism, nuggethunters, balance

abuse prevention:

read "idea" and "reason"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36702

I understand your opinion but I think that the more pressing issue is how powerful weapons can be. Did you know, for instance, that a level 5 precise navy revolver could deal 165-210 damage? Even a level 2 precise navy revolver, which costs a mere 200k is as strong as a Howdah/Golden Tomahawk. We all know that the best weapons before upgrades stand no chance and probably never will if this is not rectified. I thought that the tombola items were a significant power leap, but it really pales in comparison to weapon upgrades. Personally, I would want for the West to nerf all upgrades, especially in the case of weapon/gun upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34430

Stat increase is okay. Weapon damage is not, cap max damage increase per level to maybe 5-6 damage per level.

Rifles maybe 10-11 damage per level

DeletedUser35783

I would like somebody from INNO to come on here and explain their rationale for this latest change. What is it that they are hoping to achieve by it?, what impact they believe it will have on the majority of active players? and where they think it will put the game and players in a years time.
This may allow us better to judge the need to keep or reverse the upgrade items changes.

For what it is worth, in the meantime my involvement in the game will be reduced and I will not be investing any more money in it.

DeletedUser21125

I upgraded a Frank James' Scarf to level 1 and now I can't sell it on the market. This is a very poor update and would cause many Fort Fighters I know to leave the game. Since it cost me 3 of the scarves to make 1 upgraded, I will NEVER pay real life money for nuggets to this scam of a company.

DeletedUser37399

This has been a horrid update/change to the game.

Now you have really made the market worthless for players that are lower level (under 100).

I understand adding the option, but it wasn't very well thought out. Maybe a single upgrade should be the limit.

I've paid for nuggets, but now I feel I have wasted the money.

Way to kill the game.

DeletedUser33499

I have a better idea.

Why not limit the upgrades to all weapons, armor, horses, saddles, etc. to three? The problem with upgrading any ranged/melee weapon more than three and they would either best a tombola weapon, GT, howdah or make the player too OP altogether if the enemy is slow on upgrading their weapons. I like the idea of having upgrades to make new chances of getting better equipment, but it is better to have a limit in order to prevent OP players from ruining the fun of others around them.

And for items that cannot be upgradable or if you want to upgrade single items (such as tombola weapons or event sets like Valentin's Set) you can still upgrade them, but they cost a lot more in nuggets (which will increase per upgrade) or in-game dollars for the upgrade to happen than they would be if you upgrade them normally (I call the normal method "three-tier" because it requires three items for the upgrade). And it makes the game a little more balanced so that all weapons, armor, horses, saddles, etc. can be upgraded. (For example in nugget terms, to upgrade the donkey one full level with just one donkey, it would require 30 nuggets to upgrade (or 1000 in-game cash for the first level). For a tombola weapon, for example, it would cost around 500 nuggets at the start for one level upgrade, 1000 for level 2, and 2000 for level 3 (even though it does not increase the attributes much)).

DeletedUser35520

all of the above was discussed on beta and even here well before the release. it made no difference and its a bit late now. they took more time and essentially released the same leveling system, so better to start adapting to it and finding suggestions to improve it. Not just say remove it, because they are not going to

DeletedUser33499

all of the above was discussed on beta and even here well before the release. it made no difference and its a bit late now. they took more time and essentially released the same leveling system, so better to start adapting to it and finding suggestions to improve it. Not just say remove it, because they are not going to

What I mentioned was supposed to be an improvement. I said I liked the idea, but there are problems with players becoming OP that would bring the game down.

DeletedUser20647

I have a better idea.

Why not limit the upgrades to all weapons, armor, horses, saddles, etc. to three? The problem with upgrading any ranged/melee weapon more than three and they would either best a tombola weapon, GT, howdah or make the player too OP altogether if the enemy is slow on upgrading their weapons. I like the idea of having upgrades to make new chances of getting better equipment, but it is better to have a limit in order to prevent OP players from ruining the fun of others around them.
Difference between level 3 and level 5 is a 20% bonus. You pay 216 times the item price plus upgrade cost for this. Could you give an example of an item where this would be OP?

DeletedUser33499

Difference between level 3 and level 5 is a 20% bonus. You pay 216 times the item price plus upgrade cost for this. Could you give an example of an item where this would be OP?

I get your point. I don't know what the max level is or if there is no max level (in terms of doolin or cullen). My tombola weapon does not upgrade since there is only one per world. I thought if people manage this with enough money or nuggets and equipment, they can upgrade their weapons to surpass the tombola weapons (which is second superior in the game to the GT and howdah and would eventually put them down to the bottom of the list of good weapons if someone's weapon goes far in levels, though it might be impossible since it costs a lot of resources to manage this). That is why I suggested the instant upgrade update for The West to make it balanced for all weapons and armor rather than unbalanced and how it would impact players who have Tombola Weapons or get new Tombola Weapons in future Tombola releases. Any dueling weapon that provides a stat bonus in aiming and dodging would make the player OP if they upgrade those weapons. Hey, I'd be surprised if someone reached an upgrade of 10 with that weapon set.

I don't mind if there was a maximum or not, even if it costs a lot, but I prefer that the instant upgrade (only one item requirement at a costly manner) as an easy way to level up your equipment for an increase in cost of in-game cash or nuggets. Do you think it is a good idea to have this as an addition?

DeletedUser36559

We can keep complaining all we want but it is more likely they will raise the level 5 upgrade to level 10/20 and nuggets can eventually be used to upgrade items so those with tons of nuggets can simple upgrade their preferred weapon/gun of choice to level 5.

DeletedUser

We can keep complaining all we want but it is more likely they will raise the level 5 upgrade to level 10/20 and nuggets can eventually be used to upgrade items so those with tons of nuggets can simple upgrade their preferred weapon/gun of choice to level 5.

Better get earning in game cash so you can compete then.

asdf124

I believe the dex/str/mob/char weapons from loot chests have potential to be 'op' since upgrading it is the cheapest level gun.

($500 for level 1)

Their shouldn't be an issue since it is really hard to even get 1 to rank 1. Cannot imagine what it would take to get it to level 5.