Planned Remove Level Cap

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 78 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

Current Problem
Players can only reach level 99. Sources from the German sever say that whilst you carry on playing the game as normal, you do not recieve any experience points for working/duelling.

Proposed Solution
That the current level cap be removed, with the simple addition of further levels (with increasing experience needed as normal). For now, this could just be a further 100 levels up to level 199.

Checklist
1. The idea must be balanced and well thought out
This idea is balanced, as it is the same situation for every player. It is well thought out because it makes no sense to work without reward. Players will leave if they feel they have reached 'the end' of the game. And as (generally) the majority of the first bunch of players to reach 99 will be purchasers of premium, it is paying customers that Innogames could be losing.

2. The idea must not require excessive admin interaction to prevent cheating.
This requires no admin interaction at all once implemented.

3. The idea must not change the concept behind the game.
This idea changes nothing, but only serves to lengthen the games appeal.

DeletedUser

I don't like it :p

This is a no brainer. The only thing I can think of as to why they haven't removed the cap is because they are planning special quests/items, etc for players with level 100+ and it will take time to get those fleshed out and coded.

DeletedUser1105

because they are planning special quests/items, etc for players with level 100+ and it will take time to get those fleshed out and coded.

I'd hope they would do that too. I don't see why they can't remove the level cap and then introduce the new things as and when. The germans on level 99 must be really annoyed.

DeletedUser

It covers so few players that it wouldn't make the top 100 of things to do.
Becasue you cannot get XP does not mean you cannot play the game anymore.

There are plenty of worlds to play in although if somebody gets to level 99 in every world, then it is maybe worth a thread.

DeletedUser1105

It covers so few players that it wouldn't make the top 100 of things to do.
It actually covers a hell of a lot players. Why must the action be AFTER the event? Surely it is better to pre-empt the problem and fix it now.

Becasue you cannot get XP does not mean you cannot play the game anymore.

On W2, I'm an XP *****. My only aim is to get as high up the experience rankings as I can. This level cap would ruin my gameplay for 3 reasons.

1) It would be really annoying working and not getting the reward for it,
2) I would not be able to try and catch those above me in the rankings and
3) Everyone below me in the rankings would catch me up, making my efforts for nothing basically.

There are plenty of worlds to play in although if somebody gets to level 99 in every world, then it is maybe worth a thread.
That's not fair on those that get there first. So someone on World 1 will have to wait months for someone on World 9 to get to the same point?

DeletedUser

I agree wholeheartedly with the original post, I cannot see any benefit from the present cap at all:unsure:

DeletedUser

I agree with sdjx22 about taking action now before it comes the norm of lvl 99 players. Let's say you reach level 99 and they implement no cap after 3 months... that's 3 months wasted with no XP!!! kinda annoying.

I've played rpgs that have a "penalty" to players over level 99 to slow down the leveling. Penalty was XP - 1/3 of XP earned. This way here it takes FOREVER to level up, which I am in favor of. I hate caps but hate it when players powerlevel and are at redicuously high levels.

Since there is a cap I don't power level, I like to slow the game down, that's why my characters aren't such high levels. I like to do quests here and their go for money jobs KO some annoying towns that give me lower XP. I hate hitting the max lvl cap, to me the game is over at that point. I hate it when games end )-=

DeletedUser

Sorry http://forum.the-west.net/member.php?u=1105sdjx22 I assumed that you had spoken to these hell of alot of players and it was not just another personal, I would this because this is what I think is best, thread.

Carry on.

For me, by the time I reach lvl 99, i'm not sure how much more the game going to give me.

DeletedUser1105

The 'hell of a lot of players' I referred to where all the people who are going to reach level 99. It doesn't matter if they are going to reach it next week or in 6 months. At some point they will reach it and then it is grossly unfair that you have put that much time and effort into the game but then no longer earn experience.

This is not just an idea for the .net server, but all servers. Some german players are already at level 99, and there will be more behind them.

And everybody posts ideas that they think are best. Of course they do. You wouldn't post an idea you disagree with, so please take your sarcasm elsewhere.

DeletedUser

I wonder what % of players will ever reach level 99....:unsure:
1%, 2% maybe even 0.01%, maybe somebody has done a study on the likelyhood this.

imo When you reach lvl 99, you get your name in the hall of fame and that is it, no more XP but please carry on playing the game. As somebody posted in another thread, it's like constructing never ending buildings, do not assume everybody wants this.
I for one will be quite happy with my little bit of recognition but hey maybe you want a lvl 199 Hall of Fame for all the really good players. :D

DeletedUser1105

When you reach lvl 99, you get your name in the hall of fame and that is it, no more XP but please carry on playing the game.

Yeah that makes a good business plan.

DeletedUser

As there is no end game to The West I don't see why player levels should come to an end. It's a game that is meant to be carried on. A large part of the game is leveling up.

DeletedUser

Yeah that makes a good business plan.

Well that's what it is at the moment Mr Trump :laugh:

Check the Job Vacancies, they might have sacked their Business and Developement manager after reading your thread.

DeletedUser14006

If you were to run a poll on this topic I am sure more than 90% of people would be in favor of removing the cap.

I am with the monkey on this one.

DeletedUser

The concept makes sence, assuming that a significant percentage of players will make L99 ofcource.

DeletedUser

There's probably an even more vehement thread about this, with much more discussion, in the German boards, since they have level 99s.

DeletedUser

i agree with you mate, the cap should be taken off or eles members will start quiteing

DeletedUser

I agree with the OP. This game will just lose players if there's nothing to do after you've done it all. After all, all high level players use premium. And once they get to lvl 99, they won't buy any more premium b/c there's no point. Therefore this game will also lose money.

DeletedUser1105

There's probably an even more vehement thread about this, with much more discussion, in the German boards, since they have level 99s.

I'd be very surprised if that were not true. At least we could lend our voice to theirs.

DeletedUser

I am all for remove lvl cap.
See no point atm to have a cap.

The only reson i see to have a lvl cap is if there is alot to do elsewhere but there aint such things atm.

I am atm lvl 89 on my main toon and its a long way to reach 99 and even longer to get by 99.
So cant really see how this would be unbalanced

Status
Not open for further replies.