Planned Remove Level Cap

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 78 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ASSUMING the poll question is based on the game continuing "as is", except no / higher XP limit, I do NOT like the change.

If they want to remove the limit, they will need to:
#1. Add more high skill jobs.

#2. ESPECIALLY make a FLEXIBLE XP limit, like a grading curve in school, where X number of players have to be above level X in order for the MAX level to increase, ie players that want to stay at the top of the board can, but can only pull away so far before they have to let everyone else get closer. Otherwise some players, especially in newer worlds, will be able to start getting a SIGNIFICANT XP level lead which could make them unbeatable in duels / fort battles.

DeletedUser

ASSUMING the poll question is based on the game continuing "as is", except no / higher XP limit, I do NOT like the change.

If they want to remove the limit, they will need to:
#1. Add more high skill jobs.

#2. ESPECIALLY make a FLEXIBLE XP limit, like a grading curve in school, where X number of players have to be above level X in order for the MAX level to increase, ie players that want to stay at the top of the board can, but can only pull away so far before they have to let everyone else get closer. Otherwise some players, especially in newer worlds, will be able to start getting a SIGNIFICANT XP level lead which could make them unbeatable in duels / fort battles.

I assume they add new

-Jobs (at least until level 120)
-Quests (3 or 4 questgroups)
-Clothing (at least until level 140)
-Events, like duels, fort battles...

DeletedUser

I assume they add new

-Jobs (at least until level 120)
-Quests (3 or 4 questgroups)
-Clothing (at least until level 140)
-Events, like duels, fort battles...

MY MAIN concern is reason #2.

Regarding reason #1, I do NOT assume that, since they STILL don't have much in the way of gear / quests above level 50. First half is full of quests, last half only has 3 regular quests. Personally I don't think they had this game very well thought out when it started, like they half expected it to fail, but it did well and now they are having to play catch up with game development, so are reactionary, rather than proactive when it comes to game development.

I would much rather WAIT until they have all that stuff READY to roll out before they remove the limit, rather than have them remove the limit now and than add the stuff sometime in the future [like 6-9 months from now].

DeletedUser

about XP to level up, they can simply make a formula

XP from level 98 to 99 required is 9811, so they can simply make this

XP next level = XP last level . 1,1

this time it'll be

99 to 100 = 10792
100 to 101 = 11871
101 to 102 = 13058

and on

about quests, 3 or 4 hard questseries are enough,

DeletedUser

I voted for yes but only if there is only another 20 levels no more or it would be boring!!!!

DeletedUser

another issue to consider is level 99 players will want all the exp they got since they reached level 99 count toward the new levels [which may be possible for developers to do], yet would give an additional disadvantage to everyone else + all the level 99 players that didn't bother with XP after reaching the level. If the limit is somehow removed, the developers better not count any XP "gained" prior to the change.

DeletedUser

Otherwise some players, especially in newer worlds, will be able to start getting a SIGNIFICANT XP level lead which could make them unbeatable in duels / fort battles.

really? They have to get above level 99 to get an advantage and by that time there are a lot of other players who have leveled high, even without aiming for top.
As for unbeatable if they are at the top they'd most probably continue raising xp so they wont be respecing for duels.

DeletedUser

Would be intersting if they added this now.

What they do with the people who have been stuck at 99 for months

DeletedUser

really? They have to get above level 99 to get an advantage and by that time there are a lot of other players who have leveled high, even without aiming for top.
As for unbeatable if they are at the top they'd most probably continue raising xp so they wont be respecing for duels.

My point was there would be a handful of superhigh level players that would go all out for XP and by the time they reached say level 110 there would still be fewer than 100 players above level 99 out of X thousand of players in the world. In other words, by the time the first several players reached level 99 they would already have say 5-10 level lead over the majority of players, so by the time level 120 or so comes around, they probably would have a 10-15 level lead over the majority of players and that kind of lead is enough to negate most of the lower level players "dueling skill" advantage.

Regarding dueling, I am a TOP TEN exp player in one world and STILL can dish out 290+ damage per hit in a duel. No I can't beat a really high level dueler, but I probably could beat almost everyone else, including most mid-level duelers [due to significant AP/SP advantage], which would include most duelers in the game, since duelers/soldiers normally level up slower.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Would be intersting if they added this now.

What they do with the people who have been stuck at 99 for months

The quick answer is retain them ;)

At present I cant see why any-one would keep playing (at least not as a premium player) after reaching 99.

But I do see your point .... ideally there should be some form of compensation for those stuck at 99 , but if I was in their position , I might be a little sore about the time I had stagnated , but that would be more pleased that my character is no longer in stasis

Deleted User - 819397

I'm for the level cap removal. Players who have stuck with the game for that long should be rewarded, not have a brick wall in front of them.

DeletedUser14006

I like the brick wall, now I have almost reached my level 99 goal I can respec and have fun in other ways instead of XP grinding, I voted NO to the removal of the level cap and I do not care how unpopular that makes me :)

Deleted User - 819397

I can understand your point, and I'm sure some players will prefer that method, but shouldn't the option be there to keep going?

DeletedUser14006

To keep going may be what other folk want, but a game without and end is a far worse prospect in my view than one that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.