Remove dueling skills from skill ranking.

DeletedUser15099

PROPOSAL:
Remove dueling skills from skills ranking. those are aim, dodge (both already removed), also toughness, reflex, shoot, vigor. maybe even tactics and appearance.

Current workaround:
there is none, unless your level is low enough so that your skills dont show up in the top 10

DETAILS:
so i would like to propose either removing the named skills from ranking, or a way to opt out of being ranked. It kills the purpose of resistance dueling.. because everyone knows exactly how much resistance they need to counter shoot/vigor, and how much shoot/vigor they need to counter the resistance of chosen opponent. it also kills the purpose of a character bonus that the dueller has which allows them to view bonus from other people's gear. now you can just check the skills ranks, and their skills are there, you dont even have to guess what their build is. It completely kills the joy of dueling.. you already know if you will win or lose when you initiate the duel. If hiding is not possible, maybe leave the top 10, but dont show exact numbers? that would still show who has the most toughness or whatever, but it wont show how much of it they have..

Abuse Prevention:
I dont see any abuse that would result from this.. dueling will be more fun, as it was in lower levels, when everyone was trying to figure out each others builds and how to counter them. now at higher levels, all you do is check the skills ranks.

Summary:
Pretty much the following skills need to be hidden from top ranks to keep dueling more fun: toughness, vigor, reflex, shooting. dodge and aim is already hidden.

what do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34781

that has always been something i wanted as a melee dueler. why is it range have their stats hidden. aim/dodge and yet its simple for them to check your stats.range is already overpowered compared to melee as it is.

so a big big yes from me to at least hide some of them.

yes x 10000 :)

DeletedUser15368

I guess the rankings should either show all the duelling stats, or none of them, none being preferable.

Pankreas PorFavor

although this applies only for higher level duelers (it is not very likely that a level 75 player will show in the top 10), it is not a bad idea at all ;)

DeletedUser34781

i taught about it some more. hide all of the dueling skills!! that will cause more duels to find out someones build. more fun that way of not knowing until you duel
As it is melee are wide open. come on folks ..agree to it!! let it be passed on and nothing done about it like all other ideas :p

DeletedUser15368

Ideas from this forum don't even get passed on anymore, but sure :p

DeletedUser15099

yeah i feel like the game is slowly dying.. even small fort battles rarely get filled these days.. at least in dakota.