Remove all confederate flags and references!!!

Reyne

The confederate flag is racist and offensive!!! Remove all images and references from this game!!!
You know, back in the day, even before my time, there was a war. You know,, a major event that lasted more than 54 rounds. There must be two sides to have a war. There are good guys and bad guys, and which one is which depends on your outlook. Neither side was squeaky clean or had the moral upper hand. The South wasn't fighting solely to keep their slaves, and the North wasn't fighting solely to free them. That's the romanticized version. Both sides had their heroes and their villains.

I'm not going to talk politics, but I will say this much. You can't or should not erase ugly history just because you don't like it. "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Those that win wars write the history.....so in some way you can and it has probably been done many many times. But since it was erased, we have no clue about it. But I do agree we shouldnt become that woke, it's not like there is a klu klux klan in the game, that I would be for erasing.

Reyne

Well, I guess my point is don't glorify it, but don't eliminate it either. It's a dark time in our history, but it happened. We should treat it like Walter Kronkite did with the news. Record the facts of the event without editorializing and let the listeners make up their own minds.

Thanatoss

I hope you are trolling. America remained state level racist even at 1970s. The winners changed nothing. If racism had stopped after the war there could be a chance I would agree with you.

Joe Kidd

Well, I guess my point is don't glorify it, but don't eliminate it either. It's a dark time in our history, but it happened. We should treat it like Walter Kronkite did with the news. Record the facts of the event without editorializing and let the listeners make up their own minds.

Well, having a premium set for 1200 bonds/nuggets that gives +20% to Experience earned isn't exactly downplaying it either.

Also...

"I think it wiser, not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

- Robert E. Lee, General 1869

DeletedUser34084

Hah. Out of all the things one could get offended about this game one chooses a historically accurate flag. Mate I would rather take offense at the atrocious game design and the fact that a bloody stick can do more damage in game than a firearm or a blade.

Bill Paxton

To play devils advocate... I don't think that many people have a problem with the fact that there was a civil war in the US, and a confederacy with a flag and all that. But they have a problem that this flag is used as a symbol of nowadays politics. So basically they seem to be against erasing and overloading history. Just like you

But discussing all this in a browsergame is a can of worms and won't lead anywhere.

J-Hag

Confederate Flags are a place in history. Whether good or bad. You must remember that this a game base on events and people. Its sad that some people can not get passed this. If you do not like what you see, go change the channel. Stop being so woke and learn how to get along. Games = Fun. This pettiness is like a cancer stop ruining it for others.

Joe Kidd

Well, I support the OP, as unpopular an opinion as that is. If you don't live the the Southern U.S. or have lived there in the last several decades, you really have no idea what you are talking about when in comes to the Stars and Bars and the pain it causes to many people.

Does the population of players of this game hail exclusively from the Southern U.S.? No, it isn't even close. That doesn't change my perceptions on the matter one bit.