Religion & Science

• Thread starter DeletedUser3717
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Then you break the rule that you wish to use to prove that everything couldn't have come from the Big Bang. That rule is, "Everything comes from something".

If "God" could have "always existed", why not the universe?

Everything comes from something...except God. What's so hard to understand?

The universe could not "always existed" because of the Causality we observe in it. Only God does not abide by these laws, and therefore is outside the realm of science. Do some reading, you might learn something.

DeletedUser

Hey, Could someone explain to me What is God ?
I mean what is the standard or definition of YOUR GOD ?

DeletedUser

Everything comes from something...except God. What's so hard to understand?

You break your own rule. Therefore, it doesn't apply.

The universe could not "always existed" because of the Causality we observe in it. Only God does not abide by these laws, and therefore is outside the realm of science.

Again, you assume that which you want to prove. Prove that something can exist that doesn't abide by these laws or is outside the realm of science.

As for reading, I've done plenty. The difference between you and I, it seems, is that I've done my reading with a critical eye...

DeletedUser

You break your own rule. Therefore, it doesn't apply.

God doesn't obey an rules. He's God!!! I feel like I'm speaking to a ****** here:sad:

Again, you assume that which you want to prove. Prove that something can exist that doesn't abide by these laws or is outside the realm of science.

I don't need to prove anything. You claim that God doesn't exist, you prove it! the burden of proof is on you!!!

DeletedUser

Adelei never made any direct claims that god definitively does not exist, you on the other hand have asserted that god does exist, the burden of proof lies with you to back up your stance.

DeletedUser

I dont agree with that opinion " If you can't prove something or someone doesnt exist, then it does exist. "
That is not logical, we can't prove something not equals to it exist, it can still have possibility of not exist. It only equals to we never aasure , because we all dont know the truth.
Well, if i want to believe in God, I dont care he or she is exist or not, because i believe.

DeletedUser

God doesn't obey an rules. He's God!!!

People argue on behalf of "God". As the argument goes, "everything comes from something". "God" is by definition a part of "everything". If the rule doesn't apply to "God", then the rule is invalid.

Thus, you have to answer why "God" be an uncreated creator, but the universe, can't.

I don't need to prove anything. You claim that God doesn't exist, you prove it! the burden of proof is on you!!!

The burden of proof is on the one making the claim. If you claim that there is something that can exist outside of the universe that doesn't need to adhere to any laws, then prove it. It's not for me to disprove any silly claim that you make, it's up for you to prove it. I no more need to prove that a "God" doesn't exist than I need to prove to the person who claims they are being stalked by invisible pink ninjas, that they don't exist. Again, it is up to YOU to prove your claims.

BTW, I have never explicitly said that "God" doesn't exist. I said that we have no reason to believe that a "God" does exist and we may as well live our lives as if it doesn't. And, I have argued that even though we have uncertainty in our speech, we don't need to voice that uncertainty (it is assumed) if we were to say something like, "There is no God".

It is almost impossible to prove a negative. To require proof of a negative is to admit that you do not have any reason to believe the belief that you advocate...and nothing more.

DeletedUser

It is almost impossible to prove a negative. To require proof of a negative is to admit that you do not have any reason to believe the belief that you advocate...and nothing more.

I can easily prove that it is not raining right now. See, I just proved a negative. You are wrong as always. Learn, then post!

DeletedUser

I dont agree with that opinion " If you can't prove something or someone doesnt exist, then it does exist. "

Please see this post: http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=250150&postcount=97

That is not logical, we can't prove something not equals to it exist, it can still have possibility of not exist. It only equals to we never aasure , because we all dont know the truth.

True, but given the ratio of false things that could be true (but aren't), to actual true things, I would argue that if we don't have specific reason to believe in something, we shouldn't believe in it.

We don't have specific reason to believe in invisible purple dragons doing the tango on my forehead. Can we disprove them? Nope. But, again I would argue, we shouldn't believe in them because we do not have specific reason to believe in them...

Well, if i want to believe in God, I dont care he or she is exist or not, because i believe.

And THAT would be illogical. Your desire for something to be true has absolutely nothing to do with something being actually true. Your belief in something has absolutely nothing to do with whether that thing is actually true or not, either.

DeletedUser

I can easily prove that it is not raining right now. See, I just proved a negative. You are wrong as always. Learn, then post!

We are talking about the existence of something that we don't have specific reason to believe in. You make a rather sophomoric example.

But, in any event, let's see your proof...

DeletedUser

But, again I would argue, we shouldn't believe in them because we do not have specific reason to believe in them...

Your belief in something has absolutely nothing to do with whether that thing is actually true or not, either.

Yes , i understand what you tried to say, but i strongly doubt if it is nessary to have any things to do with or we should find any reasons to believe in something we personally want to believe.

Someone believe in God , because God may bring him/her to heaven, but i dont think so, If i believe i dont need any reward, i just want to believe, and that is totally logical , not only logical but also impeccable.

Because "I want to" .;)

DeletedUser

Yes , i understand what you tried to say, but i strongly doubt if it is nessary to have any things to do with or we should find any reasons to believe in something we personally want to believe.

Someone believe in God , because God may bring him/her to heaven, but i dont think so, If i believe i dont need any reward, i just want to believe, and that is totally logical , not only logical but also impeccable.

Because "I want to" .;)
Then is it logical to believe in invisible purple dragons doing the tango on my forehead "because I want to"? I stand nothing to gain out of such a belief.

Is it logical to believe that there is an invisible bridge over the Grand Canyon that only I can see and run across it "because I want to"? I stand nothing to gain out of such a belief.

Is it logical to believe that aliens will take me for a ride on their spaceship and do weird experiments on me if I just call 1-900-get-bent and give them my life's savings "because I want to"? I stand nothing to gain out of such a belief.

Or, perhaps, those things would be deemed by most people to be insane... And it's not logical to believe whatever one wants simply because one wants to...

DeletedUser

It is for sure that is always correct and logical when "you want to" even it is not true in real world.
Because you said you "Belief" :D

DeletedUser

It is for sure that is always correct and logical when "you want to" even it is not true in real world.
Because you said you "Belief" :D

beLIEve...

In any event, are you saying that "God" isn't in the real world? Sorry, I don't see the difference between the examples I gave and what you want to make an exception for, "God".

DeletedUser

Amm...let me explain to you
What is believe ? Believe is what you Believe, it doesnt equals to the object you believe must exist or not.
Well i didnt say God is exist or not, i just said "even" it is not true in real world, i think you should find out the difference between that.

DeletedUser

The bottom line is: You gain NOTHING by disbelieving, you gain FAITH/BELIEF by believing in something.

DeletedUser

The bottom line is: You gain NOTHING by disbelieving, you gain FAITH/BELIEF by believing in something.
Or to put it another way, you lose nothing by not believing, you lose objectivity and rationality by believing in something.

Status
Not open for further replies.