Religion & Science

• Thread starter DeletedUser3717
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

By critical thinking Hellstromm-I was aiming at the notion of scientific logic that someone states they need evidence of something (anything in this case-not just God) in order to believe it. Poor choice of words on the critical thinking part.

DeletedUser

Aye, go to your room. And you should be waterboarded for placing "evidence" in the same sentence with "believe."

DeletedUser

Oi, while I agree with the bulk of your post, I want to indicate that a critical thinker doesn't "believe" based on evidence, nor does he "believe" that proof justifies belief. Belief is, essentially, without evidence.

I think you are confusing "belief" with "faith".

DeletedUser

I think you are confusing "belief" with "faith".

Belief
be⋅lief [bi-leef] Show IPA
Use belief in a Sentence
–noun
1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

DeletedUser

I like Dictionary.com as well.

be·lief (bĭ-lēf')
n.
  1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
  2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
  3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

DeletedUser

I believe that Divest was drinking again. I may be wrong, but there is evidence of it and I believe it. :nowink:

DeletedUser

lol, alright, this thread has reached 20 pages and devolved into fun little one liners. Locking this thread to save humanity from the likes of all you drooling zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.